"Draining the swamp" LOL

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2016, 10:48 AM
RE: "Draining the swamp" LOL
(14-11-2016 10:46 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(14-11-2016 10:37 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  He's being captured and subverted, I think. Co-opted.

Laugh out load They'll make a politician out of him, yet.

What people didn't realize is you have to be a politician when you're president.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
14-11-2016, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2016 07:02 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(14-11-2016 10:48 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(14-11-2016 10:46 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Laugh out load They'll make a politician out of him, yet.

What people didn't realize is you have to be a politician when you're president.

I realize that, sure. The thing is, POTUS is no place for OJT.

If America is a fully-laden tractor-trailer rig with a standard transmission and twenty-five gears -- we've just handed the keys to a guy who's never even played with Hot Wheels.

ETA, more on-point: Trump isn't draining the swamp. With the exception of giving Bannon a new job with a new title (which may as well be "coffee-boy", if bureaucratic standards hold), he has simply rounded up the biggest 'gators he can ... and pulled them onto his boat.
[+] 7 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
14-11-2016, 06:58 PM
(14-11-2016 10:48 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(14-11-2016 10:46 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Laugh out load They'll make a politician out of him, yet.

Oh, I know it. That's just one more in a bigly list of reasons he isn't fit for the office. And he's as smooth as a porcupine. Dodgy
[+] 4 users Like Fireball's post
16-11-2016, 03:39 AM
Full Circle,

Your post on the 'swamp' is the best and clearest analysis of economic reality facing post industrial American workers that I've read, indeed it applies in all the older developed countries now.

I see some more disappointment down the road.

D.
16-11-2016, 04:31 AM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2016 05:16 AM by Deesse23.)
Full circle is absolutely right.

In germany we had a similar problem with the Ruhr area. Rich on coal and basically being one big steel factory, it faced major problems once it wasnt competitive anymore with other coal and steel producers abroad. First the government tried to keep the coal mining and steel works alive by subsidizing, but at some point it just didn tmake any more sense. It was a long and painful agony, but at some point nobody, including the coal miners and steel workers themselvers could not but admit that a structural change was necessary, transforming the Ruhr from heavy industry to technology and service.

Nowadays you see former coal mines turned into industrial parks and museums, and the former workers basically working for new tech or service companies.

Essen being nominated for capital of culture...that was ab-so-fucking-lutely fiction just a few decades ago. Krupps HQ was in Essen, and the town was the center of a huge steel works complex. Loud, dirty, polluted, boring.

If you want to make the rural parts of the USA great again, the parts where the former and traditional businesses were dried out in the past years, then indeed, you cant turn the clock back, but you have to look into the future and see what kind of business you can have there. Americans always were innovative. Be fucking innovative again and have some fooking ideas. Joe Doe leaning back and just wanting his old job back, thats delusion.

Tl;Dr
Recent events in Germany support Full circles position Thumbsup

Quote from wiki:
Quote:As demand for coal decreased after 1958, the area went through phases of structural crisis (see steel crisis) and industrial diversification, first developing traditional heavy industry, then moving into service industries and high technology. The air and water pollution of the area are largely a thing of the past although some issues take a long time to solve. In 2005, Essen was the official candidate for nomination as European Capital of Culture for 2010.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 9 users Like Deesse23's post
16-11-2016, 06:26 AM
Well, the new swamp isn't even running yet and already they are trying to drain each other....

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/15/politics/m...index.html

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
16-11-2016, 06:35 AM
(16-11-2016 06:26 AM)Dom Wrote:  Well, the new swamp isn't even running yet and already they are trying to drain each other....

Damn. 2004 is a long time to hold a grudge. Guess Christie's ass kissing wasn't enough to make up for it.

#sigh
16-11-2016, 08:01 AM
(14-11-2016 08:57 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And trust me -- there was plenty of bullshit being spouted by all sides.........
Yeah, except Trump's bullshit pile was at least twice as high as everyone else's and stunk twice as badly too.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
16-11-2016, 10:06 AM
(16-11-2016 06:26 AM)Dom Wrote:  Well, the new swamp isn't even running yet and already they are trying to drain each other....

Somewhere I read that the trump team didn't realize that they had to re appoint all the White House staff (like the office people) with their own staff. I read this yesterday but I can't find it now. I mean, how stupid can you be that you don't know this. I even knew that the president does this. Geesh.

So far it looks like there are some major egos nipping at each other already. Usually this happens well into an administration's tenure. Normally everyone's all nice and polite to each other in the beginning and then as the years go by some of the major personalities get pissed at each other and go onto other positions outside of the administration.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
20-11-2016, 03:24 PM
Who does his tax plan advantage ?
http://www.npr.org/2016/11/13/501739277/...rm=nprnews

How many lobbyists does he have on the transition team ?
http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-tra...ts-2016-11
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/power...fluence-2/

Crooked Rudi ?
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/gi...cts-231413

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.