"Draining the swamp" LOL

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2016, 02:42 AM
RE: "Draining the swamp" LOL
(10-12-2016 11:58 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 10:03 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So what do you consider a "career politician" ?

One thing's for certain. Anyone who has achieved the rank of O-7 is a career politician. You don't get to be O-7 without being a politician, let alone O-8,9,or 10.

Please educate this Brit - what is this "0-7" stuff?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2016, 02:48 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2016 02:59 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
So does Trump care about America if he denies climate change is occurring? How about the fact that he appointed someone who's anti-labor as secretary of labor? How about the fact that he's for making Wall Street more powerful via deregulation? None of these things are suspicious, look the other way.
11-12-2016, 03:25 AM
(11-12-2016 02:39 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 03:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  If that's what clever means then I think you might have just elected clever.
Only the hand outs will go to Trump's buddies and not those who actually need them.

Perhaps the new "wars" will be between the new plutocracy and the rest and their spending will be on themselves.

I can't see anyone going to war because Trump said so to be fair. Yak, your thoughts? If Herr Trump declares war on China because they told him to go eat a dick, would you go fight and die for him, knowing that it's an elderly frat boy's senile temper tantrum?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
11-12-2016, 03:26 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2016 03:32 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
Good article by The Intercept on just how ridiculous this is: https://theintercept.com/2016/12/09/trum...gain-maga/

Point and laugh at the Trump voters.
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
11-12-2016, 08:17 AM
(14-11-2016 08:39 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/d...story.html

Is "Steven Mnuchin" a real name, or a misprint for Steven Munchkin?

[Image: PICTURE-OF-munchkins_555.jpg]

——And how the hell do you pronounce it LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
11-12-2016, 08:21 AM
(11-12-2016 02:42 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 11:58 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  One thing's for certain. Anyone who has achieved the rank of O-7 is a career politician. You don't get to be O-7 without being a politician, let alone O-8,9,or 10.

Please educate this Brit - what is this "0-7" stuff?

First US officer rank of general or admiral.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-12-2016, 09:37 AM
(11-12-2016 08:21 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-12-2016 02:42 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Please educate this Brit - what is this "0-7" stuff?

First US officer rank of general or admiral.
Thanks, Girly, thought it was.

Seems strange that a LT General outranks a Major General in both your and our systems.

My experience was that the more politically minded an officer became the less effective he or she was as a tactical leader.

Politics (from school bullying upwards) and greed are the root of all human induced suffering.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
11-12-2016, 08:09 PM
(11-12-2016 09:37 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(11-12-2016 08:21 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  First US officer rank of general or admiral.
Thanks, Girly, thought it was.

Seems strange that a LT General outranks a Major General in both your and our systems.

My experience was that the more politically minded an officer became the less effective he or she was as a tactical leader.

Politics (from school bullying upwards) and greed are the root of all human induced suffering.

It makes sense if you understand that the word "lieutenant" is from the French, and literally translates to "holds the position of" (the phrase "in lieu of" is used in England, and "tenant" refers to a resident of a building, usually, in English). Yes, I agree it's confusing as hell, given that in the lower officer ranks, Major is higher than Captain, and thus Lieutenant is the lowest officer rank.

In the lower ranks, a Lieutenant is an officer who can hold the place of a Captain, if the Captain is killed leading the formation. Captains were commanders of the rectangular marching formations, and were often in the forefront of battles, while Majors tended to be further back in the ranks, something like the first "staff" position for the General's assistants, so to speak. As the times changed, and we did away with those formations, the terms became archaic/anachronistic, but remained in use.

So when we say "Lieutenant General", as a 3-star, we're saying "almost a 4-star".

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
11-12-2016, 08:18 PM
I'm kind of partial to Corporal-Captain. Yes, I watched MASH. Tongue

BoT, the swamp is just being repopulated with critters less able to actually run the government. I'm hoping that there is enough inertia for the US to get through this, intact.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
12-12-2016, 05:40 AM
Or Major Major.

[+] 2 users Like Deltabravo's post