"Draining the swamp" LOL

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2016, 09:22 PM
RE: "Draining the swamp" LOL
Trump has just finished appointing his third former Goldman Sachs executive to his cabinet. You have to wonder why, when he claimed he would "drain the swamp", none of his followers thought to wonder what he might use as back fill.

The hypocrisy is as shocking as it is unexpected. Drinking Beverage

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
12-12-2016, 11:27 PM
(12-12-2016 09:22 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Trump has just finished appointing his third former Goldman Sachs executive to his cabinet. You have to wonder why, when he claimed he would "drain the swamp", none of his followers thought to wonder what he might use as back fill.

His followers will swallow it though. LDH will cheerfully claim that the plan is not to fuck them over, just to get some "competent guys" in to do the work. What makes Goldman Sachs such a fertile source for cabinet members?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-12-2016, 11:42 PM
(12-12-2016 11:27 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 09:22 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Trump has just finished appointing his third former Goldman Sachs executive to his cabinet. You have to wonder why, when he claimed he would "drain the swamp", none of his followers thought to wonder what he might use as back fill.

His followers will swallow it though. LDH will cheerfully claim that the plan is not to fuck them over, just to get some "competent guys" in to do the work. What makes Goldman Sachs such a fertile source for cabinet members?

Yup. So the billionaire president is hiring other billionaires and millionaires to make changes in the system that made them millionaires and billionaires. Um.....right.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
13-12-2016, 01:13 AM

Wasnt it Trump who campaigned saying that HRC is controlled by Goldman Sachs?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
13-12-2016, 01:53 AM
(13-12-2016 01:13 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  

Wasnt it Trump who campaigned saying that HRC is controlled by Goldman Sachs?

He's got what he wants now, he's the King. Fuck keeping promises.

Just out of interest, does the US have *any* protection against the case of a rogue president? Or is government sworn to follow into the abyss, if the abyss is where Dear Leader decides the country needs to go?

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-12-2016, 12:54 PM
(13-12-2016 01:53 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-12-2016 01:13 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Wasnt it Trump who campaigned saying that HRC is controlled by Goldman Sachs?

He's got what he wants now, he's the King. Fuck keeping promises.

Just out of interest, does the US have *any* protection against the case of a rogue president? Or is government sworn to follow into the abyss, if the abyss is where Dear Leader decides the country needs to go?

Theoretically, we have Congress and the Supreme Court for "checks and balances". And there are already some signs that Congress (including its Republican members) will not go along with everything Trump wants to do. We can only hope.
13-12-2016, 01:28 PM
I don't approve of his cabinet picks by any means, but this shouldn't come to a surprise to anyone who has been listening to his speeches. He repeatedly and explicitly said that he would hire the best negotiators from Wall Street.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
13-12-2016, 05:29 PM
(13-12-2016 01:28 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
I don't approve of his cabinet picks by any means, but this shouldn't come to a surprise to anyone who has been listening to his speeches. He repeatedly and explicitly said that he would hire the best negotiators from Wall Street.

He said that you shouldn't vote for Cruz or Clinton because they were Goldman-Sachs stooges. Pretty much the definition of hypocrisy.

And at this point he's pretty much repeatedly and explicitly said anything and everything under the sun, walked it back, pushed it forward, said that it means the opposite of what it means, said it again for good luck, and generally Trumpslained the entire mess into meaninglessness.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
13-12-2016, 05:36 PM
(13-12-2016 05:29 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  He said that you shouldn't vote for Cruz or Clinton because they were Goldman-Sachs stooges. Pretty much the definition of hypocrisy.
Right, because Clinton received millions in speaking fees from them and because both Cruz and Hillary had Super PACs that were funded by Wall Street. The clear implication, according to Trump, being that unlike him, his political opponents owed these big banks political favors in return for their generous 'donations'.

(13-12-2016 05:29 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  And at this point he's pretty much repeatedly and explicitly said anything and everything under the sun, walked it back, pushed it forward, said that it means the opposite of what it means, said it again for good luck, and generally Trumpslained the entire mess into meaninglessness.
That I have to agree with. I still don't understand why Romney was hammered 24/7 for being a flip-flopper while Trump, who sometimes dramatically changed his position on significant issues like abortion within the span of a few hours, wasn't. Confused

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
13-12-2016, 11:29 PM
(13-12-2016 05:36 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(13-12-2016 05:29 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  And at this point he's pretty much repeatedly and explicitly said anything and everything under the sun, walked it back, pushed it forward, said that it means the opposite of what it means, said it again for good luck, and generally Trumpslained the entire mess into meaninglessness.
That I have to agree with. I still don't understand why Romney was hammered 24/7 for being a flip-flopper while Trump, who sometimes dramatically changed his position on significant issues like abortion within the span of a few hours, wasn't. Confused

Because the message to the dickheads remained the same. Dick calls out to dick. As much as people have spent a lot of breath saying that we mustn't spend our time calling his supporters racists etc, IMO a large fraction of his base really do enjoy his dog-whistle support for making America white again, his authoritarian streak etc. I even saw friends of mine here posting how grateful to God they were that he's put some creationist prat in the health ministry, 'cos he's gonna really fuck over planned parenthood.

He's good at appealing to those fucks, the ones who resent not being able to push their special agendas, the gun nuts - not the reasonable gun people but the real militia nutters, the "pro-life", the anti-immigrant, the people like Birdie who hate the idea of helping people out via welfare. Even the angry white men who feel like they're being sidelined because women and black people aren't silent any more.

He's a populist, all he does is say to them "you can have what YOU want", to each special interest group, and because they're so blinded to everything except their one cause they forgive him for everything else. He doesn't *care* about abortion, guns, or anything. Trump cares about Trump. He's happy to give everyone everything because he explicitly doesn't care about America the country, he cares about his personal fiefdom.

[+] 8 users Like morondog's post