Draw Muhammad Day 2015: Who is participating?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2015, 09:25 PM
RE: Draw Muhammad Day 2015: Who is participating?
(20-05-2015 08:44 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(20-05-2015 08:38 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Just for the record, you probably state when it is considering it was today for many of us.

[Image: frabz-what-the-hay-are-you-talking-about-3ef8b0.jpg]

Nvm. Missed the timestamp In OP.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2015, 01:34 AM
(20-05-2015 02:05 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  The purpose behind drawing Muhammad is not to offend or belittle Muslims. It is to demonstrate that no one should be physically threatened about expressing an opinion about religion.

I agree that no one should be physically threatened but... I'm not so sure that a lot of stuff similar to draw Mohammed day is not intended to offend or belittle. Sure OK, being offended is a choice. But... I dunno. Press and media in UK/US are all very down on Muslims as a whole, from what I see.

And ja, a lot of stuff about Islam is rather nasty and I don't like it. I don't doubt that some of the time or maybe even a lot of the time they do act in nasty ways... but what it does do in a way is... drive a wedge. If in the press Muslims are always vilified, if people make a big festival out of insulting their religion - which is what they will perceive this as - then... they will feel excluded anyway, the kids get radicalised more easily... it becomes a vicious circle.

I honestly don't know what to think about this kind of thing.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
21-05-2015, 08:43 AM
(21-05-2015 01:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-05-2015 02:05 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  The purpose behind drawing Muhammad is not to offend or belittle Muslims. It is to demonstrate that no one should be physically threatened about expressing an opinion about religion.

I agree that no one should be physically threatened but... I'm not so sure that a lot of stuff similar to draw Mohammed day is not intended to offend or belittle. Sure OK, being offended is a choice. But... I dunno. Press and media in UK/US are all very down on Muslims as a whole, from what I see.

And ja, a lot of stuff about Islam is rather nasty and I don't like it. I don't doubt that some of the time or maybe even a lot of the time they do act in nasty ways... but what it does do in a way is... drive a wedge. If in the press Muslims are always vilified, if people make a big festival out of insulting their religion - which is what they will perceive this as - then... they will feel excluded anyway, the kids get radicalised more easily... it becomes a vicious circle.

I honestly don't know what to think about this kind of thing.

People who believe in evil fairy tales need to be offended and belittled. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-05-2015, 10:40 PM

28-05-2015, 10:53 PM
Look, a dung beetle with a Muhammad ball.

[Image: beetleboots1.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
28-05-2015, 10:54 PM
I wanna start a day called, "I'm not sorry you're offended by my opinions or your ignorant, childish, old ass, stupid fucking beliefs. You're an adult. Grow up and quit being a pussy."
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post