Dreaming: Have you ever regressed to Theism ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2013, 09:00 AM
Dreaming: Have you ever regressed to Theism ?
Yesterday I had a job that involved a dilapidated church hall and preacher that was playing "simpsons tapped" out in an iphone that made to laugh.

As dreams (at least in my case) are 99% relative to what you did or thought of the precceding day.

I had a concoction dream of the run down church getting repaired and coffee shops and an apple store was built inside.(very little dream detail remains)
What was weird was I was a theist in the dream arguing that it was not ok by god to use the church this way.

Have you ever dreamed Theist or Atheist ?

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2013, 09:02 AM
RE: Dreaming: Have you ever regressed to Theism ?
No. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
21-11-2013, 09:06 AM
(21-11-2013 09:02 AM)Vosur Wrote:  No. Drinking Beverage

Blatant identity theft. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
21-11-2013, 09:07 AM
(21-11-2013 09:00 AM)sporehux Wrote:  Yesterday I had a job that involved a dilapidated church hall and preacher that was playing "simpsons tapped" out in an iphone that made to laugh.

As dreams (at least in my case) are 99% relative to what you did or thought of the precceding day.

I had a concoction dream of the run down church getting repaired and coffee shops and an apple store was built inside.(very little dream detail remains)
What was weird was I was a theist in the dream arguing that it was not ok by god to use the church this way.

Have you ever dreamed Theist or Atheist ?

Quote:Dreaming: Have you ever regressed to Theism ?

Of course! Then upon awaking I affirmed Christianity again. Smile
21-11-2013, 09:16 AM
(21-11-2013 09:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 09:02 AM)Vosur Wrote:  No. Drinking Beverage

Blatant identity theft. Dodgy

I lol'd. Big Grin

But yeah, no. I rarely dream about the previous day's events. Usually, I'm partying. Or in the mob, killing people. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
21-11-2013, 09:44 AM
No. I don't dream about isms.

I have dreamed about stabbings. Sometimes it's people stabbing people while other times it's me being stabbed. Sometimes, I've stabbed myself - that's pretty weird - another me, stabbing me. Stab is a great onomatopoeia.

Dreams aren't about the things we dream about rather, dreams include those things which remain connected and unconnected throughout our waking thought processes. Those things are like dust bunnies - an accumulation of dead skin cells, dirt, inert matter from who knows what or where. Dreaming just vacuums them up.

Nothing to worry about. I haven't stabbed anyone in a while. I'll sleep well tonight, I bet. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
21-11-2013, 09:54 AM
I frequently dream some cool wacky stuff, I write it down and then try to start a religion based on it. The problem is a lot of the really weird stuff is already taken: nuclear bombs in volcanoes. reincarnation, worldwide floods, turning people into salt, frogs falling from the sky, 4 horsemen bringing death, unicorns, underage brides, and a heaven full of virgins.

I'm left with a new twist on dinosaurs but I have a feeling people warm up to reptiles so I'm hoping that I'll have a cool dream involving a deity whose earthly presence is manifested in golden retriever puppies. That should sell, right?
21-11-2013, 09:54 AM
I don't remember the specifics, but I think I had a similar dream once. I "reverted back", but I'm not sure I actually believed it in the dream. It felt like I was doing it either out of laziness or fear, or something, not because I'd felt any divine presence or anything.

I've had other dreams along those lines, though. About a year ago, I largely gave up drinking pop. More than once, I had dreams where I would forget, start drinking, and then get mad that I'd started up again. Similarly, I used to give things up for Lent, and I would sometimes dream about having whatever it was I gave up. These dreams seem similar to "reverting to theism" (something I gave up).
21-11-2013, 10:07 AM
I had a dream last night where I was Muslim, trying to argue non-violence to my radical cousin, but he wouldn't listen. He tried to get me involved in a plot to kidnap the Pope, and when I refused he showed me his group had already kidnapped him, and said that I was now involved whether I liked it or not, and that I'd have to prove my faith to God by helping them.

However, when we were alone, I betrayed my cousin by knocking him out, tying him up, and untying Pope Francis. We got out of the abandoned warehouse and flagged down a car, and then my dream ended.

Though that's not really reverting, because I've never been religious. It would be a cool movie idea, though, if the car ended up being driven by my cousin's allies, because then they'd get Francis back and I'd be taken to my cousin as a traitor.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
22-11-2013, 06:58 PM
I dreamed that I sliced a giant mutant rat thing in half and all its insides looked like custard then i mushed its brain since it was still moving and somehow both halves liquified into a plastic pie plate and I put them in the oven and it burned all the way. Pretty sure I wasn't a theist, maybe a mad baker? I never baked before.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell