Dreaming about people?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Dreaming about people?
"Hi I'm a person you probably see on a daily basis in your life and I've popped up in your dreams TO RUIN YOUR WHOLE FUCKING DAY"

Is it just me or... Do any others out there have dreams about people - whether it be friends, family, acquaintances, or what have you; where said-people act like assholes to you in the dream (and actually don’t in reality) and then you wake up and just automatically hate that person for the entire day or longer? Or they do something completely irrational of some sort, something of the sort they wouldn't do in person, and you're left feeling sick for the rest of the day; whether it be a sickness of anger, or a queasy sickness?

I don’t know, that just happens to me pretty frequently. Most of this week included.

I really don't understand dreams, and why they occur, and why the events within them occur also. Maybe it's all up to that theory based upon dreaming about a collage of things you think about before you fall asleep, but then there's also the nightmares that conclude consuming massive amounts of sugar before you pass out.

Anybody else? Anything? ._.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2012, 04:35 PM
RE: Dreaming about people?
I've had dreams where people I know have been in them, sometimes good, sometimes bad, sometimes neutral. IT doesn't happen frequently. Actually I rarely have dreams that I remember in the morning.
02-02-2012, 04:38 PM
I would suggest that, if it is so frequent that it bothers you and you would really like to find out what's going on in your mind, try to read your dream.
Not talking about the fancy way, just look at it on a psychological basis.
Ask yourself questions.
What situation is happening in the dream?
Does it fit anything in real life or is it maybe the exact opposite of something in real life.
Did something change in your life? Especially recently as this seems to occur recently.
Who is the person?
Do you actually see a face?
Does the face / look match the personality of the person?
Do you maybe fear something? A reaction, a certain situation that could come up?

There are lots more things you could investigate but maybe start with this, might get you on to something already.
Just don't overdo it. Go with your gutfeeling, it is mostly right.

In dreams of people sometimes the face doesn't match the person they are in the dream. So it can totally happen that in my dream I am sitting on a bench with a woman who is my husband. Get what I mean?
People in dreams sometimes don't have the correct physical form. Just one side of them might be important in your dream. Maybe in the dream where my hubby is a woman I like that he has a feminine side.
About yours in specific, everyone has an assholish side on them, right? Even your good friends Wink

Gonna stop explaining for now because tired and maybe boring for everyone. But that's one of my hot button topics, because I used to read dreams a lot. And I was always very much into psychology. NOT Freud though otherwise I might have told you that you have a problem with either sexuality or your mother or both Big Grin Tongue

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
03-02-2012, 08:38 AM
I see the people I know when I'm dreaming. In most of the cases, I see them suffering, or being very displeased with me. It's quite surreal, and the social awkwardness kicks in when you meet them the next day. For me, it seems to be a combination of memories, jumbled up together. The brain somehow strings them together to form the dream.

I suggest keeping a note on your dreams. I keep a dream diary, helps track my recurring dreams.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
03-02-2012, 08:53 AM
Maybe another possibility could be you only think these are nice people but your subconscious is revealling the truth that these are indeed heinous people that you should beware their sneaky trickery!

And Lucradis is apparently secretly wanting to do some sort of gender bender role reversals with his wife.

Look at it this way, life is so much funnier when you have a dirty mind. Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post