Dreams

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2013, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2013 01:41 PM by Peanut.)
Dreams
I had an interesting dream last night and I'm having trouble recalling the whole thing.

I was in a school setting. I had never been there before and they gave me a map to let me know what to expect and where to be, etc. It was to help me feel more comfortable in this new place. But the map may as well have been written in a different language; I would turn the map over and over in my hands and yet I couldn't decipher the text. When I told a person, who seemed to be another classmate, she hunched her shoulders and displayed a look that seemed to say, "I can't talk to you about this. I'll get in trouble." I started to panic and I looked up to see the teacher/professor glaring at me. He seemed to be upset that I was so ignorant. I looked down at my feet and saw that I was barefoot. I didn't like that. When I looked to my right, there were a pair of shoes sitting there. I remember thinking to myself, "I'd NEVER wear those in a given situation or if I were given a choice. But I NEED shoes. I'll have to make do." After I struggled to put the simple, slip-on shoes on my feet, I looked up and saw that everyone had left. I was all alone in the unfamiliar room. The door seemed so far away and the table at which I was sitting suddenly seemed huge! (Think "Alice in Wonderland," when she entered the room where she was small and yet she was also the biggest...) I can't recall the rest of the dream between my noticing the door so far away, and when I opened that door. When I opened the door, I suddenly felt overwhelmed and I was also calm, if THAT makes any sense. As I got ready to walk through the door, I woke up.[i]

I don't remember seeing a thread regarding dreams. I think it would be cool to have one where people can share their dreams. You ever remember snippets of a dream, but you couldn't describe it very well? Or what about when you remember it, and then when you start telling someone, the dream unfolds as though you're describing a movie?
  • Most vivid dream
  • Weirdest dream
  • Scariest dream
  • "WTF?" dream
  • Coolest dream
  • Funniest dream

I love analyzing dreams. I think that our subconscious has a lot of issues to work out. I think that the images we see and the feelings we feel while dreaming tell a lot about ourselves. Even if one thinks that dreams are just a jumbled mess of random images, it would still be fun to share them Big Grin

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2013, 02:06 PM
RE: Dreams
The last few nights I have had very vivid dreams but unfortunately I forget them very quickly.

I do recall this from a couple of nights ago...

I had some information. It was world-changing information but now I can't remember what it was specifically. The longest part of the dream involved trying to stay alive in increasingly life-threatening situations as I unravelled more facts and the information turned to knowledge and then to intelligence.

The bit I remember well is the ending.

I was on a metro/tube/MRT except I think it was the MTR in Hong Kong because it was vaguely familiar. The other passengers were unspeakingly conveying that they had learned the same whateveritwas that I knew. Also, there were some Intelligence Agency types looking serious.

At various stops, people got off and some instinct told me that these others with the knowledge were not going to be alive for much longer.

I was the last 'knower' left and one of the officials was explaining that I was the one who had found the complete truth and yes, it did mean the end of everything. I looked to my right and saw I was sitting next to Obama. He said nothing but was displaying passive tension.

I got off (alone) at the next stop. In sadness, I walked to my car and as I approached I noticed, in the reflection of a puddle, a tiny red flashing light that must have been coming from something attached to the underside of the car.

With a deep and heavy sigh, the dream ended with the conscious decision to walk towards the inevitable conclusion and in slow motion I saw my hand raise to press the button on the remote car key.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
18-04-2013, 02:10 PM
I'm all alone, I'm rolling a big doughnut, and this snake wearing a vest--

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
18-04-2013, 03:13 PM
(18-04-2013 02:10 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm all alone, I'm rolling a big doughnut, and this snake wearing a vest--

I'm sure your dreams are all over the place, Erx.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
18-04-2013, 03:41 PM
(18-04-2013 03:13 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 02:10 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm all alone, I'm rolling a big doughnut, and this snake wearing a vest--

I'm sure your dreams are all over the place, Erx.

Indeed. I've dreamt some pretty cool screenplays. Too bad I'm too lazy to write any of them down. Sadcryface

But unfortunately, I dream some pretty vivid and troubling dreams most nights. I actually get anxious about falling asleep at night. I remember being in junior high and high school and praying every night that God would keep me from having scary dreams. I used to believe if I recited memory verses or read the Bible before falling asleep, I'd sleep well because the demons wouldn't want me to read God's Word.

No

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
18-04-2013, 03:43 PM
(18-04-2013 03:41 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 03:13 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I'm sure your dreams are all over the place, Erx.

Indeed. I've dreamt some pretty cool screenplays. Too bad I'm too lazy to write any of them down. Sadcryface

But unfortunately, I dream some pretty vivid and troubling dreams most nights. I actually get anxious about falling asleep at night. I remember being in junior high and high school and praying every night that God would keep me from having scary dreams. I used to believe if I recited memory verses or read the Bible before falling asleep, I'd sleep well because the demons wouldn't want me to read God's Word.

No
No
Indeed.

18-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Oh man, I have this dream where i'm playing a childhood game at an old computer. Mostly it's either the sims, zoo tycoon or rollcoaster-tycoon, all games I was very fond of as a kid.
It always starts out really nice, every thing's good. Then suddenly, the game will start acknowledging my presences. It's kinda hard to explain, but in the dream I just have this feeling that the game itself knows I'm there, it knows that I control it.
Then the characters start talking about me, or sometimes even start talking to me. Often they turn to the screen and stare at me.

At this point in the dream, I freak out and try to turn off the computer. But the machine and the game now have a will of its own. I try to force it to shut down, I unplug it from the wall, sometimes I throw things at it. But nothing helps.
At that point, I wake.

The thing is, it's one of those dream where you feel terrified while you're asleep, but as soon as you're awake, you have no idea what you were so scared about.
[+] 2 users Like MuffinPuffin's post
18-04-2013, 05:05 PM
(18-04-2013 03:48 PM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  Oh man, I have this dream where i'm playing a childhood game at an old computer. Mostly it's either the sims, zoo tycoon or rollcoaster-tycoon, all games I was very fond of as a kid.
It always starts out really nice, every thing's good. Then suddenly, the game will start acknowledging my presences. It's kinda hard to explain, but in the dream I just have this feeling that the game itself knows I'm there, it knows that I control it.
Then the characters start talking about me, or sometimes even start talking to me. Often they turn to the screen and stare at me.

At this point in the dream, I freak out and try to turn off the computer. But the machine and the game now have a will of its own. I try to force it to shut down, I unplug it from the wall, sometimes I throw things at it. But nothing helps.
At that point, I wake.

The thing is, it's one of those dream where you feel terrified while you're asleep, but as soon as you're awake, you have no idea what you were so scared about.

That wasn't a dream, MuffyPuffy. I think that really did happen to you. Drinking Beverage

18-04-2013, 05:29 PM
(18-04-2013 03:48 PM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  Oh man, I have this dream where i'm playing a childhood game at an old computer. Mostly it's either the sims, zoo tycoon or rollcoaster-tycoon, all games I was very fond of as a kid.

At that point, I wake.

Trippy dream, bro Blink

Could make a great short. I think of Stephen King now that I think about it.

I love Grumpy Cat Big Grin His grumpiness makes me happy. [insert a grumpy cat meme here because sadness makes Peanut happy, apparently...]

19-04-2013, 02:14 AM
This ones pretty frightening and it'll probably unnerve a lot of people here.

Scariest dream I ever had.

A man was lying flat on his back in a shallow pool of water in a darkened cave. He was gravely ill and at the point of death. The water covered up his face.

An entity (spirit) hovered over his dying form looking at the man. It said only one thing to the man.

"Did you honestly think you could escape me?"

At this point the man died with a furious gush of blood coming from his nose and mouth forming a growing gory scarlet rose in the pool he was lying in. The man's soul came screaming out of his mouth.

The scene then cuts to a silhouette of an old fortress (or prison) against a magenta sky fading into the blackness of night. The sounds of a man screaming in pain and terror can be heard faintly in the distance.

It was implied in the dream that those sounds were from the soul of the dead man being tortured in hell.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade