Dreams

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2013, 02:32 AM

RE: Dreams
Dreams are the primary way the Divine communicates to us. They are symbolized messages. I could interpret that dream for you, but it would be a spiritual interpretation, and I don't think you're open to that. I used to interpret dreams and do astrological readings all the time. At work, I've done everyone's chart on my shift, and people still come to me with their dreams. I even did it professionally for a short time.

I gave it up, because I wasn't sure it was appropriate to do given my religious beliefs. But now, I'm pretty sure astrology and dreams, when properly read, are communications from the Divine to us, and I really don't care what the traditional Christian Church thinks.

A lot of people think dreams reveal psychological secrets to us, but I don't buy that. Most dreams, like yours, are far too bizarre to mean anything psychological, and moreover, the psychological approach is pretty shallow. Sure, it may indicate school anxiety, but so what? You're probably already conscious of that. The dream is too bizzare to mean only that.

I find an astrological reading along with a dream is a very useful tool. But to do a chart requires personal information (date of the dream, birth date, birth time, place of birth, gender, and the geographic area where you live, like what state or province of what country). Most people don't want to give out that information to strangers.

Also, age seems to matter. The younger a person is, within reason, the stronger their dreams are. I believe this is because the Divine is attempting to show one their path. Old people have charts that have already been run out for the most part and their dreams seem to be more concerned with less important issues. From early teens until about thirty is when astrological readings and dreams are most important. Of course that's just a general rule, there are always exceptions.

That's my opinion on dreams.
Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2013, 02:34 AM
The bad thing is I don't have a strong recollection of my cooler dreams. I ad a few really awesome ones recently but they elude my memory.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2013, 02:36 AM
(19-04-2013 02:32 AM)Egor Wrote:  Dreams are the primary way the Divine communicates to us. They are symbolized messages. I could interpret that dream for you, but it would be a spiritual interpretation, and I don't think you're open to that. I used to interpret dreams and do astrological readings all the time. At work, I've done everyone's chart on my shift, and people still come to me with their dreams. I even did it professionally for a short time.

I gave it up, because I wasn't sure it was appropriate to do given my religious beliefs. But now, I'm pretty sure astrology and dreams, when properly read, are communications from the Divine to us, and I really don't care what the traditional Christian Church thinks.

A lot of people think dreams reveal psychological secrets to us, but I don't buy that. Most dreams, like yours, are far too bizarre to mean anything psychological, and moreover, the psychological approach is pretty shallow. Sure, it may indicate school anxiety, but so what? You're probably already conscious of that. The dream is too bizzare to mean only that.

I find an astrological reading along with a dream is a very useful tool. But to do a chart requires personal information (date of the dream, birth date, birth time, place of birth, gender, and the geographic area where you live, like what state or province of what country). Most people don't want to give out that information to strangers.

Also, age seems to matter. The younger a person is, within reason, the stronger their dreams are. I believe this is because the Divine is attempting to show one their path. Old people have charts that have already been run out for the most part and their dreams seem to be more concerned with less important issues. From early teens until about thirty is when astrological readings and dreams are most important. Of course that's just a general rule, there are always exceptions.

That's my opinion on dreams.

When is God going to learn how to send a fucking email? Get with the 1990s already, old man!

But nooooooooooooooo, burn My Image in toast or a Doritos chip that resembles a Bust of Jesus!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
19-04-2013, 02:38 AM

(19-04-2013 02:36 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  When is God going to learn how to send a fucking email? Get with the 1990s already, old man!

But nooooooooooooooo, burn My Image in toast or a Doritos chip that resembles a Bust of Jesus!

Whatever, man. You don't even want to know what I think about the fact that you can't remember your "cooler" dreams.

Sucks to be you...let's put it that way. Undecided
19-04-2013, 02:42 AM
(19-04-2013 02:38 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 02:36 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  When is God going to learn how to send a fucking email? Get with the 1990s already, old man!

Whatever, man. You don't even want to know what I think about the fact that you can't remember your "cooler" dreams.

Sucks to be you...let's put it that way. Undecided

Well fuck me sideways........

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

19-04-2013, 02:45 AM

You know, now that I think of it, why shouldn't dreams and charts be part of my ministry? I'm good at it, and I don't think God would give me the ability and not want me to use it. And it really helps a lot of people. It's a fantastic tool for spiritual counseling, and Jesus Christ never forbade it. You should see the dream interpretation sites, there's always way more people posting dreams than there are people interpreting them.

It's just that there are so many psychic cons out there...but then there are a lot of Christian Church cons out there. I have the software. I have all my books. I have all my old files. I have a website. I don't know. I'll have to pray on it some. And for Christ sake, I live in New Orleans. As Captain Ron would say,

19-04-2013, 02:49 AM
(18-04-2013 05:05 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 03:48 PM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  Oh man, I have this dream where i'm playing a childhood game at an old computer. Mostly it's either the sims, zoo tycoon or rollcoaster-tycoon, all games I was very fond of as a kid.
It always starts out really nice, every thing's good. Then suddenly, the game will start acknowledging my presences. It's kinda hard to explain, but in the dream I just have this feeling that the game itself knows I'm there, it knows that I control it.
Then the characters start talking about me, or sometimes even start talking to me. Often they turn to the screen and stare at me.

At this point in the dream, I freak out and try to turn off the computer. But the machine and the game now have a will of its own. I try to force it to shut down, I unplug it from the wall, sometimes I throw things at it. But nothing helps.
At that point, I wake.

The thing is, it's one of those dream where you feel terrified while you're asleep, but as soon as you're awake, you have no idea what you were so scared about.

That wasn't a dream, MuffyPuffy. I think that really did happen to you. Drinking Beverage

lol, a repressed memory perhaps?
[+] 1 user Likes MuffinPuffin's post
19-04-2013, 02:52 AM
(18-04-2013 05:29 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 03:48 PM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  Oh man, I have this dream where i'm playing a childhood game at an old computer. Mostly it's either the sims, zoo tycoon or rollcoaster-tycoon, all games I was very fond of as a kid.
It always starts out really nice, every thing's good. Then suddenly, the game will start acknowledging my presences. It's kinda hard to explain, but in the dream I just have this feeling that the game itself knows I'm there, it knows that I control it.
Then the characters start talking about me, or sometimes even start talking to me. Often they turn to the screen and stare at me.

At this point in the dream, I freak out and try to turn off the computer. But the machine and the game now have a will of its own. I try to force it to shut down, I unplug it from the wall, sometimes I throw things at it. But nothing helps.
At that point, I wake.

The thing is, it's one of those dream where you feel terrified while you're asleep, but as soon as you're awake, you have no idea what you were so scared about.
Trippy dream, bro Blink

Could make a great short. I think of Stephen King now that I think about it.

I love Grumpy Cat Big Grin His grumpiness makes me happy. [insert a grumpy cat meme here because sadness makes Peanut happy, apparently...]
Dean Koontz already sort of did it with Demon Seed.

That's a great book by the way, I highly recommend it. Smile
19-04-2013, 03:30 AM
(18-04-2013 01:00 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I had an interesting dream last night and I'm having trouble recalling the whole thing.

I was in a school setting. I had never been there before and they gave me a map to let me know what to expect and where to be, etc. It was to help me feel more comfortable in this new place. But the map may as well have been written in a different language; I would turn the map over and over in my hands and yet I couldn't decipher the text. When I told a person, who seemed to be another classmate, she hunched her shoulders and displayed a look that seemed to say, "I can't talk to you about this. I'll get in trouble." I started to panic and I looked up to see the teacher/professor glaring at me. He seemed to be upset that I was so ignorant. I looked down at my feet and saw that I was barefoot. I didn't like that. When I looked to my right, there were a pair of shoes sitting there. I remember thinking to myself, "I'd NEVER wear those in a given situation or if I were given a choice. But I NEED shoes. I'll have to make do." After I struggled to put the simple, slip-on shoes on my feet, I looked up and saw that everyone had left. I was all alone in the unfamiliar room. The door seemed so far away and the table at which I was sitting suddenly seemed huge! (Think "Alice in Wonderland," when she entered the room where she was small and yet she was also the biggest...) I can't recall the rest of the dream between my noticing the door so far away, and when I opened that door. When I opened the door, I suddenly felt overwhelmed and I was also calm, if THAT makes any sense. As I got ready to walk through the door, I woke up.[i]

I don't remember seeing a thread regarding dreams. I think it would be cool to have one where people can share their dreams. You ever remember snippets of a dream, but you couldn't describe it very well? Or what about when you remember it, and then when you start telling someone, the dream unfolds as though you're describing a movie?
  • Most vivid dream
  • Weirdest dream
  • Scariest dream
  • "WTF?" dream
  • Coolest dream
  • Funniest dream

I love analyzing dreams. I think that our subconscious has a lot of issues to work out. I think that the images we see and the feelings we feel while dreaming tell a lot about ourselves. Even if one thinks that dreams are just a jumbled mess of random images, it would still be fun to share them Big Grin

I am almost convinced that I don't have dreams, I never remember anything. To me, sleep is like time travel; I got to sleep at 10:00 pm and wake up at 6:00 am, I don't know where the night went, I don't really care, all I know is the journey took only a second between my going to sleep and waking up.

I do remember some vivid hallucinations from way back when I has 6-7 when I would "Overheat" at night, as my parents would call it. One time involved disembodied voices yelling at me, followed by my screaming back at them, and me being awaken by my parents covered my own in vomit. Though I am not even sure these memories are real, I am damn sure they are.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-04-2013, 03:34 AM
(19-04-2013 03:30 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 01:00 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I had an interesting dream last night and I'm having trouble recalling the whole thing.

I was in a school setting. I had never been there before and they gave me a map to let me know what to expect and where to be, etc. It was to help me feel more comfortable in this new place. But the map may as well have been written in a different language; I would turn the map over and over in my hands and yet I couldn't decipher the text. When I told a person, who seemed to be another classmate, she hunched her shoulders and displayed a look that seemed to say, "I can't talk to you about this. I'll get in trouble." I started to panic and I looked up to see the teacher/professor glaring at me. He seemed to be upset that I was so ignorant. I looked down at my feet and saw that I was barefoot. I didn't like that. When I looked to my right, there were a pair of shoes sitting there. I remember thinking to myself, "I'd NEVER wear those in a given situation or if I were given a choice. But I NEED shoes. I'll have to make do." After I struggled to put the simple, slip-on shoes on my feet, I looked up and saw that everyone had left. I was all alone in the unfamiliar room. The door seemed so far away and the table at which I was sitting suddenly seemed huge! (Think "Alice in Wonderland," when she entered the room where she was small and yet she was also the biggest...) I can't recall the rest of the dream between my noticing the door so far away, and when I opened that door. When I opened the door, I suddenly felt overwhelmed and I was also calm, if THAT makes any sense. As I got ready to walk through the door, I woke up.[i]

I don't remember seeing a thread regarding dreams. I think it would be cool to have one where people can share their dreams. You ever remember snippets of a dream, but you couldn't describe it very well? Or what about when you remember it, and then when you start telling someone, the dream unfolds as though you're describing a movie?
  • Most vivid dream
  • Weirdest dream
  • Scariest dream
  • "WTF?" dream
  • Coolest dream
  • Funniest dream

I love analyzing dreams. I think that our subconscious has a lot of issues to work out. I think that the images we see and the feelings we feel while dreaming tell a lot about ourselves. Even if one thinks that dreams are just a jumbled mess of random images, it would still be fun to share them Big Grin

I am almost convinced that I don't have dreams, I never remember anything. To me, sleep is like time travel; I got to sleep at 10:00 pm and wake up at 6:00 am, I don't know where the night went, I don't really care, all I know is the journey took only a second between my going to sleep and waking up.

I do remember some vivid hallucinations from way back when I has 6-7 when I would "Overheat" at night, as my parents would call it. One time involved disembodied voices yelling at me, followed by my screaming back at them, and me being awaken by my parents covered my own in vomit. Though I am not even sure these memories are real, I am damn sure they are.

Was it green vomit or the yellowish brown stuff?

Insults From Thinkingatheists forgiven 149