Dreams

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2013, 01:19 PM
RE: Dreams
(19-04-2013 06:00 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  The unfamiliar setting represents an unknown... as in the changes you'll soon be making in your life. That it's a school represents unsolicited authority. I think that's your family or possibly some other meddlesome person/people. The incomprehensible map represents all the things these people are telling you to do with your life... most lead a different direction and none of them make any sense whatever to you. The classmate who rejected your plea for help in deciphering the map represents a person you should be comfortable with and perhaps have been in the past, but whom has resigned themselves to the plight of conformity and as such, ignores you. I think that's your sister or, perhaps, the best friend you mentioned before. But the professor could be your sister or a parent, who is showing their disapproval at your lack of following the jumbled map directions they've given you. The size of the table indicates the childlike, helpless feeling you have in deciding what path you should take and the distance to the door is the long journey you're about to embark upon. The shoes are my favorite part of this dream, because I think they're key to the message the dream is conveying. They're not very attractive but, they're not so bad as to be unwearable. Especially when you're barefoot. Being barefoot is another metaphor for helplessness. The shoes... they allow you to run.

Your mind is telling you that the situation you're in is not good and that even though you can't find the perfect opportunity (nice shoes), you should put on the ones you have and head out the door away from all this confusion. And of course, once you reach the door and actually see what lies on the other side, you realize that it is indeed a better place, if not the perfect one. A place where you can find calm and comfort.

Listen to your subconscious... it knows what's best for you, because it is you.
I've been waiting for someone to take a stab and analyze my dream. I had already interpreted it after posting in the thread. I was curious to see if others might think of it similarly.

I liked reading your analysis. You took the time to read into certain instances in my dream and formulated a very in-depth "conclusion." Smartass Thumbsup

I think my dream represents the unknown and my anxiety about the future. (That's all I'll mention again; I analyzed every part, but my overall impression of the dream was about my current life situation and my feeling lost and nervous.) Now, I will mention the shoes. They, too, were my favorite and most telling about my current attitude. Bare feet represents feeling as though I'm not equipped with the means to accomplish SOMETHING. The shoes and the fact that I'd never choose THOSE in a given situation that were apparently my only options. They represent my feelings of "If I am to succeed, I must utilize whatever options/help that is given me at this time." I may not LIKE them, but I must take what I can get.

Thanks, Bbeljefe. I enjoyed your input Smile

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
19-04-2013, 01:40 PM
(19-04-2013 02:14 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  This ones pretty frightening and it'll probably unnerve a lot of people here.
Not "unnerving" to me. I see a very active imagination. Also, I'm curious as to when you had this dream. Were you still religious? Did you have it at the time when you were realizing you no longer believed in a God?

(19-04-2013 03:30 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I am almost convinced that I don't have dreams, I never remember anything. To me, sleep is like time travel; I got to sleep at 10:00 pm and wake up at 6:00 am, I don't know where the night went, I don't really care, all I know is the journey took only a second between my going to sleep and waking up.

I do remember some vivid hallucinations from way back when I has 6-7 when I would "Overheat" at night, as my parents would call it. One time involved disembodied voices yelling at me, followed by my screaming back at them, and me being awaken by my parents covered my own in vomit. Though I am not even sure these memories are real, I am damn sure they are.

From the years that I have been interested and studying on my own time about dreams and psychology, I've learned that we always dream, we just don't remember them. I also like the part where you mentioned you think of sleep as "time travel."

Your recollection from when you were six reminds me of a documentary I watched not long ago about Parasomnia. It was very interesting and chilling. (Chilling because some of the individuals were declared dead and put into a morgue and then they awoke and scared the shit out of the people working there.) Drinking Beverage

Anyway, here. (Don't get stuck on the "arousal" part. Laughat It's not what you probably thought of upon hearing; Not in THIS case.)

"Arousal disorders are parasomnia disorders presumed to be due to an abnormal arousal mechanism. Forced arousal from sleep can induce episodes. The "classical" arousal disorders are sleepwalking(somnambulism), sleep terrors and confusional arousals. Experts believe the various types of arousal disorders are related and share some characteristics. These arousals occur when a person is in a mixed state of being both asleep and awake, generally coming from the deepest stage of nondreaming sleep. This means a person is awake enough to act out complex behaviors but still asleep and not aware or able to remember these actions."

I just got the quote. You may read through if you'd like, but I was only looking for something specific.

Not trying to freak you out. That was just my impression.

(19-04-2013 11:31 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  For the last few months I've been waking up almost every night, about an hour after falling asleep, and my dreams come with me...

They started as hypnogogic (or is it hypnopompic) hallucinations. 90% of the time they were spiders, which I'm not afraid of, and the rest of the time, shadow people.

Lately something has changed. They're now a whole bunch of neat things. The lines in my room started to move to create wonderful patterns or a net which lowers onto me. Or a couple days ago my window floated into the center of the room, then tipped forward and glowing water started pouring out.
I see a vivid imagination. I am admittedly at a loss as to an analysis of your dream at this time No I feel bad. I will go back to it.

In my defense, I believe my brain is a bit preoccupied and Egor really got me to research... Drinking Beverage ugh. NO. I don't think the shadow people you mentioned has anything to do with the "divine" or Jesus or the devil or something. It's something that represents a more logical aspect of your life. Give me time. I will come back to yours Wink

(19-04-2013 11:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  When someone starts to relate a dream to me, my brain just shuts down my auditory systems.

All I hear is "blah, blah, blah,..." I'm so thankful when it stops.Drinking Beverage
Thumbsup

I like the attitude and honesty. It keeps the thread interesting and makes me happy that not all of us agree on everything. Smile

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
19-04-2013, 02:15 PM
I very rarely remember my dreams, but there is one in particular that I seem to remember from a few years back.

I'm in my home, and I look out the window in my door to a little pasture in the center of a suburban square. There are some dudes with red handkerchiefs and scythes working on the crops and grass. I come back to the window a second time a bit later and they are loading bodybags into the back of a pickup truck. Odd, but I don't think much about it.

The third time I look at the window, they are working on the crops again when all of the sudden, a goat wanders into the midst of the small pasture and begins bleating. The workers ignore it for a few seconds, and then, for no apparent reason, quickly turn towards it and begin ripping it to shreds with their scythes.

The fourth time I look out the window, it's nighttime, and they are going door to door murdering the occupants inside. The fifth time I look out the window, they are walking up the steps to my house. The dream ended there.

[Image: giphy.gif]
19-04-2013, 03:58 PM
I don't need you to "come back to" mine... They're waking hallucinations, not really dreams.... Hypnagogic hallucinations are usually spiders and shadow figures. In my case, the shadow figures are usually accompanied by sleep paralysis.. And I think its commonly misinterpreted as alien abduction, or more historically,as demons or something.
19-04-2013, 04:01 PM
My dreams always seem to involve me forgetting what my damn safe word is.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-04-2013, 04:05 PM
(19-04-2013 04:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My dreams always seem to involve me forgetting what my damn safe word is.
Shoo fly?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
19-04-2013, 04:11 PM
(19-04-2013 04:05 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 04:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My dreams always seem to involve me forgetting what my damn safe word is.
Shoo fly?

Heart actually I did have an odd dream recently. My husband came home and said we were moving back to California. So I looked at paint swatches trying to match "white" paint.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-04-2013, 06:43 PM
(19-04-2013 03:58 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I don't need you to "come back to" mine... They're waking hallucinations, not really dreams.... Hypnagogic hallucinations are usually spiders and shadow figures. In my case, the shadow figures are usually accompanied by sleep paralysis.. And I think its commonly misinterpreted as alien abduction, or more historically,as demons or something.
Noted : /

19-04-2013, 07:04 PM
My two cent.

I'm no expert ( which is to say that I have no idea of what I'm talking about) but I don't quite know how strong the subconscious talking to you concept works out. So I'm kinda skeptical that it's as simple as (metaphorically) some person in your head telling you the logical thing you need to do. I kinda think of dreams as a version of defrag on your computer. Just taking the information of the day and sorting through it putting it in it's place. So while there might be some info that relates to issues in your life this dream interpretation thing can get iffy to me.

Especially especially when it sees into the future.

Just my thoughts though

Just an outsider looking inn.
19-04-2013, 10:29 PM

(19-04-2013 01:06 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I can respect people and what they believe. If you want to believe that a god is talking to you through your dreams, that's on you. I don't believe it, because I've been a fan of knowledge and reason for far too long;

What are you like...fourteen? Dodgy

God talks to you in your dreams, too . Blow 'em off--that's on you. Eventually, they'll stop and you'll be just like that guy who's dream life is nothing more than losing time each night. Or you'll grow up, and they'll slowly go away.

God only works with a person for so long. Then it becomes too late in life for a person to change.
Quote this message in a reply