Dreams

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2013, 10:40 PM

RE: Dreams
(19-04-2013 01:06 PM)Peanut Wrote:  Let me ask you this: If I gave you a choice, would you rather interpret MY dreams (I'm almost twenty-four) or my SON'S dreams. (He just turned six.) I genuinely want to hear your answer. It will give me even more insight about your personality.

Yours. Twenty-four is perfect (I guess you're not fourteen.). The best age is right around thirty--plus or minus a couple of years.

But it doesn't matter. God has spoken to me, and I'm not going back to dream interpreting or Astrology. Of course, I will always interpret for a friend, but I'm not doing dreams any more for the general public.

It was just a thought I had, because I did like doing it, and still do. But it can't be part of the ministry.
Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2013, 10:48 PM
(19-04-2013 10:40 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 01:06 PM)Peanut Wrote:  Let me ask you this: If I gave you a choice, would you rather interpret MY dreams (I'm almost twenty-four) or my SON'S dreams. (He just turned six.) I genuinely want to hear your answer. It will give me even more insight about your personality.

Yours. Twenty-four is perfect (I guess you're not fourteen.). The best age is right around thirty--plus or minus a couple of years.

But it doesn't matter. God has spoken to me, and I'm not going back to dream interpreting or Astrology. Of course, I will always interpret for a friend, but I'm not doing dreams any more for the general public.

It was just a thought I had, because I did like doing it, and still do. But it can't be part of the ministry.
Ah. By the way, I wasn't asking you to interpret anything for me. It was a hypothetical question.

Why would the comment you made before this post make you think I was fourteen?

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2013, 10:57 PM
Egor, your speculations are often entertaining, but sadly science has debunked the idea that dreams are anything but random neuronal firings. There isn't any deep meaning from dreams. There may be insights that you can gain from the narrative that you put together after you wake up, but there's no magical meaning to it other than the insights we find from the stories. It surprises me that somebody in the medical field doesn't already know this.

And for those who are actually interested in the science of dreams, Nova had a great episode on the topic:

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
19-04-2013, 11:18 PM

(19-04-2013 10:48 PM)Peanut Wrote:  Ah. By the way, I wasn't asking you to interpret anything for me. It was a hypothetical question.

No, I didn't think you were. It's just that I had speculated earlier about getting back into it, or making it part of the ministry.

Quote:Why would the comment you made before this post make you think I was fourteen?

I don't know.
19-04-2013, 11:20 PM
(19-04-2013 01:40 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 02:14 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  This ones pretty frightening and it'll probably unnerve a lot of people here.
Not "unnerving" to me. I see a very active imagination. Also, I'm curious as to when you had this dream. Were you still religious? Did you have it at the time when you were realizing you no longer believed in a God?

Yeah that dream occurred when I was devoutly religious. Curiously I had a dream about a week ago where God came up to me and threatened me to repent or face hell. I taunted God back and he ran away like a little pussy.

I guess God will be mocked! Laugh out load

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
19-04-2013, 11:20 PM

(19-04-2013 10:57 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Egor, your speculations are often entertaining, but sadly science has debunked the idea that dreams are anything but random neuronal firings.

Oh, that's just stupid.

Quote:There isn't any deep meaning from dreams. There may be insights that you can gain from the narrative that you put together after you wake up, but there's no magical meaning to it other than the insights we find from the stories. It surprises me that somebody in the medical field doesn't already know this.

I'll bet you're surprised quite often.
20-04-2013, 07:18 AM
(19-04-2013 10:29 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 01:06 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I can respect people and what they believe. If you want to believe that a god is talking to you through your dreams, that's on you. I don't believe it, because I've been a fan of knowledge and reason for far too long;

What are you like...fourteen? Dodgy

God talks to you in your dreams, too . Blow 'em off--that's on you. Eventually, they'll stop and you'll be just like that guy who's dream life is nothing more than losing time each night. Or you'll grow up, and they'll slowly go away.

God only works with a person for so long. Then it becomes too late in life for a person to change.

You just make shit up as you go along. Sad, really. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
20-04-2013, 07:30 AM
I had a wild dream last night. It was an extreme sport which took place on a series of towering cliffs and waterfalls. It involved hang glider pilots diving after object thrown off the cliffs and catching them in mid air.

Anyways there was a small group of atheists who were doing this sport and they were catching babies (note: in the dream these were plastic doll babies, NOT actual live human babies!) in mid air!

I just can't make this shit up!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
20-04-2013, 07:49 AM
(20-04-2013 07:30 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  I had a wild dream last night. It was an extreme sport which took place on a series of towering cliffs and waterfalls. It involved hang glider pilots diving after object thrown off the cliffs and catching them in mid air.

Anyways there was a small group of atheists who were doing this sport and they were catching babies (note: in the dream these were plastic doll babies, NOT actual live human babies!) in mid air!

I just can't make this shit up!

Your brain can. And did.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-04-2013, 02:44 AM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2013 02:48 AM by Chaos.)
I think this dream was one of the most vivid and lucid dreams that I've ever had. It happened that I was able to see and feel my initial state of sleeping in bed, so I was aware that my body is in my bed and that I was actually sleeping... Even so, I was thinking that I am awake in another reality, in front of a big old computer where I could control myself with a cursor. And I said to myself in my dream "now, let's move this cursor over my head and see what happens" ... then I felt a bright white light (which was coming hypothetically from my cursor!) which made me woke up suddenly. However, at that time, I was still confused if I'm still dreaming and I was actually living in another reality or if I literally woke up... in this reality. Dodgy

(Most likely the Zhuangzi story and The Thirteenth floor movie influenced me... brain has power Tongue)

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." - Benjamin Franklin
[+] 1 user Likes Chaos's post