Dreams

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2013, 05:22 AM
RE: Dreams
(21-04-2013 02:44 AM)Chaos Wrote:  The Thirteenth floor

I've seen this (and I don't really watch that many movies... and finish even less than I start). I didn't hate it Yes I think the ending was a bit of a cop-out, but who who doesn't like a happy ending Blush

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
21-04-2013, 09:31 AM
(19-04-2013 10:29 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 01:06 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I can respect people and what they believe. If you want to believe that a god is talking to you through your dreams, that's on you. I don't believe it, because I've been a fan of knowledge and reason for far too long;

What are you like...fourteen? Dodgy

God talks to you in your dreams, too . Blow 'em off--that's on you. Eventually, they'll stop and you'll be just like that guy who's dream life is nothing more than losing time each night. Or you'll grow up, and they'll slowly go away.

God only works with a person for so long. Then it becomes too late in life for a person to change.
Wow, way to show that nice Christian spirit.

Also, it's pretty ironic how you use a age as an insult, when you are the one who can't even argue like a grown up, and overall act like a spoiled, stupid child.
[+] 2 users Like MuffinPuffin's post
22-04-2013, 09:28 PM
(20-04-2013 07:30 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  I had a wild dream last night. It was an extreme sport which took place on a series of towering cliffs and waterfalls. It involved hang glider pilots diving after object thrown off the cliffs and catching them in mid air.

Anyways there was a small group of atheists who were doing this sport and they were catching babies (note: in the dream these were plastic doll babies, NOT actual live human babies!) in mid air!

I just can't make this shit up!

"Toss one to me! Come on! I got this... Gimme the ball, er, baby!"

Interesting. I was also going to put in my creative interpretation of dialogue, that he ended up missing the catch. BUT, then it occurred to me that perhaps your subconscious feels as though atheists can help raise a strong, free-thinking future by nurturing babies. Smartass

But, we can also say that you just had a funny dream because it's funny to think of people believing we are immoral, baby eating heathens Drinking Beverage

(21-04-2013 02:44 AM)Chaos Wrote:  I think this dream was one of the most vivid and lucid dreams that I've ever had. It happened that I was able to see and feel my initial state of sleeping in bed, so I was aware that my body is in my bed and that I was actually sleeping... Even so, I was thinking that I am awake in another reality, in front of a big old computer where I could control myself with a cursor. And I said to myself in my dream "now, let's move this cursor over my head and see what happens" ... then I felt a bright white light (which was coming hypothetically from my cursor!) which made me woke up suddenly. However, at that time, I was still confused if I'm still dreaming and I was actually living in another reality or if I literally woke up... in this reality. Dodgy

I see this as you are in a place where you are tying to figure yourself out. Your subconscious is "playing around with ideas" and you're trying to decide who you really are and possibly what you want to do in life. Heart

Either way, your description gave me a rather awesome visual in my head. It was pretty cool and all "scifi-esque." Big Grin

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
22-04-2013, 09:39 PM
I watched a documentary about how some scientists believe dreams are a training ground for us to learn how to handle problems in our waking lives. I thought that was kinda neat.

I don't really put much stock in dreams outside of them being just a bored brain while we sleep, throwing random information around.

However the other night I did get robbed by Norman Reedus. I can think of worse things. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
22-04-2013, 09:40 PM
Sorry, guys. I love analyzing dreams.

I'm just going with it. I don't intend to come off as some douchy, know-it-all. Big Grin

Feel free to disregard and/or even call me out if you think I'm completely off. I also want to state that I don't think you are all having some "life crisis!" It's all in fun and I apologize if I come off as egotistical or something. Drinking Beverage

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
23-04-2013, 01:27 AM

25-04-2013, 06:57 AM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2013 07:02 AM by Peanut.)
Censored

You know the dreams where you're dreaming of something REALLY flippin' awesome? You're all, "This is awesome. My life is perfect! I'm so happy." Blah blah blah...

THEN, you wake up?!

Last night's dream had me walking up these really long stairs. (Kind of like an apartment-type building.) I was walking, then I found a tattered book. I was examining it while walking upstairs and then I see a $20 bill laying on the steps. I pick it up, and then I see ANOTHER. I began picking up all these bills that were just laying on the stairs. When my sister popped up out of nowhere, I told HER about the money, so she could get some, too. Finally, we realized the money was coming from the book.

I just thought about it, and had to share. I am pissed. I was "rich." (More set for AT LEAST six months.)

Angry

25-04-2013, 07:17 AM
(25-04-2013 06:57 AM)Peanut Wrote:  Censored

You know the dreams where you're dreaming of something REALLY flippin' awesome? You're all, "This is awesome. My life is perfect! I'm so happy." Blah blah blah...

THEN, you wake up?!

Last night's dream had me walking up these really long stairs. (Kind of like an apartment-type building.) I was walking, then I found a tattered book. I was examining it while walking upstairs and then I see a $20 bill laying on the steps. I pick it up, and then I see ANOTHER. I began picking up all these bills that were just laying on the stairs. When my sister popped up out of nowhere, I told HER about the money, so she could get some, too. Finally, we realized the money was coming from the book.

I just thought about it, and had to share. I am pissed. I was "rich." (More set for AT LEAST six months.)

Angry

[Image: Het%20Feel.png]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-04-2013, 10:03 AM
I've had many wet dreams [Image: blush.gif]
I wonder what god is trying to tell me Blink

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes KVron's post
04-05-2013, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2013 11:44 PM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
Just watching I Am Legend on AMC and it reminded me of the saddest dream I ever had.

My dog, a Germen Shepherd, ran off my property and into a neighbor's yard. When I finally called him back, the neighbor (an unknown person to me who was a complete asshole) came out and began accusing me of allowing a dangerous animal to run loose in the neighborhood, said the dog was a menace to children, and threatened to have my dog put down for this. I told him that he could go fuck himself and went back inside my house. About 5 or so minute later I got a knock on my door. It was asshole, a group of neighbors and two cop demanding to enter my home and search for the dog. I told them that unless they had a court ordered search warrant, they weren't going anywhere and to get the hell off my property.

During the day, I had to leave my house to go about some business. When I returned, there was a large crowd of people gathered around my house and the front door was kicked in. I asked someone in the crowd what the hell was going on and they said "They shot the dog." I rushed into the house only to find my worst fears come true. That same group of assholes waited for me to leave, came back and broke into the house. In an effort to protect my home from the intruders, my dog attacked them. The police drew their weapons and shot my dog.

I rushed into the house and found him lying on the blood spattered carpet barely breathing and weak. I only had enough time to cradle him and comfort him in his final moments. He died in my arms! :Weeping

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade