Dreams

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2013, 12:28 AM
RE: Dreams
(04-05-2013 09:33 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Just watching I Am Legend on AMC and it reminded me of the saddest dream I ever had.

My dog, a Germen Shepherd, ran off my property and into a neighbor's yard. When I finally called him back, the neighbor (an unknown person to me who was a complete asshole) came out and began accusing me of allowing a dangerous animal to run loose in the neighborhood, said the dog was a menace to children, and threatened to have my dog put down for this. I told him that he could go fuck himself and went back inside my house. About 5 or so minute later I got a knock on my door. It was asshole, a group of neighbors and two cop demanding to enter my home and search for the dog. I told them that unless they had a court ordered search warrant, they weren't going anywhere and to get the hell off my property.

During the day, I had to leave my house to go about some business. When I returned, there was a large crowd of people gathered around my house and the front door was kicked in. I asked someone in the crowd what the hell was going on and they said "They shot the dog." I rushed into the house only to find my worst fears come true. That same group of assholes waited for me to leave, came back and broke into the house. In an effort to protect my home from the intruders, my dog attacked them. The police drew their weapons and shot my dog.

I rushed into the house and found him lying on the blood spattered carpet barely breathing and weak. I only had enough time to cradle him and comfort him in his final moments. He died in my arms! :Weeping

Sadcryface I had to reread the part where you said it was a dream! I got a little lost in it and felt as though it really happened.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2013, 06:32 AM
Generally my dreams involve waking up at an abandoned area, and I just start exploring that particular area. I see familiar faces, and once I realise I'm in a dream, strange things start to happen. Here are some of the many things I've seen:

1) I enter a seemingly normal door, and the door slammed shut behind me. The room was dark with a horrible creature in front of me. Near the ground there are floating icons that allow me to execute an action that defeats the monster. The room brightened and a large LEVEL 2 test appeared. I find myself in an arcade center where my main mission is to collect 10 red chips from winning certain games in the center. I woke up when I collected my 9th chip.
2) I tripped and fell into a hole, and found a small western town. A train burst out of nowhere, crashing into the town, killing every single person in an explosion. I was kind of traumatised by watching the faces of people melt away while screaming and crying. Suddenly everything went back to normal, with the townsfolk doing what they were doing 10 minutes before the crash. The train appeared again, killing everyone. The whole thing repeated for about 3 times before I woke up.
3) (Recurrent) I find myself in a nearly abandoned mall, with dimly lit shops. Escalators are everywhere, connecting floors to floors. The whole dream involves exploring the mall. The weird thing is that now and then I find myself in the mall, but the mall gets busier and busier every visit. Each visit is quite different, but I recognise the environment.
4) (Recurrent) It's the same scenario but I see different things every time. Wake up in abandoned science center, explore, see traumatising exhibitions along the way, trying to find the exit among the mazes of exhibits, escape from roof, wake up.
5) (Recurrent) Find self in dystopian city, wander about, find self in a certain junction, see something very familiar from past visits to the area, get chased, hide in abandoned McDonalds to get an ID card, use ID card to activate vehicle to escape to a housing district, wake up.
6) Stumbled into a maze of clockwork contraptions and platforms (Something like the Tick Tock Clock level from Super Mario 64), go through maze avoiding obstacles, wake up.

tl;dr - Exploration based dreams which involves a changing environment.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 1 user Likes robotworld's post
05-05-2013, 12:00 PM
(05-05-2013 06:32 AM)robotworld Wrote:  Generally my dreams involve waking up at an abandoned area, and I just start exploring that particular area. I see familiar faces, and once I realise I'm in a dream, strange things start to happen. Here are some of the many things I've seen:

1) I enter a seemingly normal door, and the door slammed shut behind me. The room was dark with a horrible creature in front of me. Near the ground there are floating icons that allow me to execute an action that defeats the monster. The room brightened and a large LEVEL 2 test appeared. I find myself in an arcade center where my main mission is to collect 10 red chips from winning certain games in the center. I woke up when I collected my 9th chip.
2) I tripped and fell into a hole, and found a small western town. A train burst out of nowhere, crashing into the town, killing every single person in an explosion. I was kind of traumatised by watching the faces of people melt away while screaming and crying. Suddenly everything went back to normal, with the townsfolk doing what they were doing 10 minutes before the crash. The train appeared again, killing everyone. The whole thing repeated for about 3 times before I woke up.
3) (Recurrent) I find myself in a nearly abandoned mall, with dimly lit shops. Escalators are everywhere, connecting floors to floors. The whole dream involves exploring the mall. The weird thing is that now and then I find myself in the mall, but the mall gets busier and busier every visit. Each visit is quite different, but I recognise the environment.
4) (Recurrent) It's the same scenario but I see different things every time. Wake up in abandoned science center, explore, see traumatising exhibitions along the way, trying to find the exit among the mazes of exhibits, escape from roof, wake up.
5) (Recurrent) Find self in dystopian city, wander about, find self in a certain junction, see something very familiar from past visits to the area, get chased, hide in abandoned McDonalds to get an ID card, use ID card to activate vehicle to escape to a housing district, wake up.
6) Stumbled into a maze of clockwork contraptions and platforms (Something like the Tick Tock Clock level from Super Mario 64), go through maze avoiding obstacles, wake up.

tl;dr - Exploration based dreams which involves a changing environment.

Sounds like you play a whole lot of video games.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
05-05-2013, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2013 12:50 PM by amyb.)
I have dreams that are quite obviously influenced by video games a lot. Jumping over holes in the ground, sometimes really big ones, secret passages, puzzles that have to be solved, sometimes even video game type monsters or villains. Running through huge buildings and mansions (like in Resident Evil), getting lost, being chased by monsters. Sometimes also some sci-fi influence, being on a spaceship, etc. I rarely have sex dreams but I've had a couple Farscape-influenced dreams in which I had sex with Captain Crais.

Other than that, the few sex dreams i remember are very disturbing, like running away from a naked dude with a permanent erection, jizzing caustic semen everywhere,I am trying to use found objects as a shield. Dreamed of kissing an ex-boyfriend and he was vomiting into my mouth the whole time. Other times it is weird/awkward stuff, I had a dream I was going to have sex with one of the drag queens from RuPaul's drag race (Milan, not even a good looking one), I was naked and under a blanket, he put his hand on my crotch and found that my pubes were not shaved, and decided he couldn't have sex with me for this reason.

One recurring type of dream I have is exploring relative's homes (often, dead relatives). For example, my great grandma, except in the dream she has rooms full of junk like toy dinosaurs. A frequent one involving my maternal grandparents' house: it's like their house, but with enormous underground tunnels in the basement. There are usually no people around, I'm just exploring.

Most of mine involve a lot of exploration of abandoned areas, or schools I've been to.

I also have a lot of lucid dreams. The first one i remember is one I had when I was only 6 or 7 years old. I was tobogganing down the stairs with the neighbor boy, then he disappeared. My mom was making coffee in the kitchen, and my dad was reading the newspaper on the couch. I suddenly realized I was dreaming and wanted to tell them. I yelled to my mom, no answer. I crawled onto the couch with my dad and shook him by the shoulder, but he was just frozen, like a mannequin, he wouldn't respond at all. This really freaked me out and I woke up. (In a more recent lucid dream, I walked up to a random teenage boy sitting on steps in front of a school and just nonchalantly told him he was a figment of my imagination.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like amyb's post
05-05-2013, 02:37 PM
(05-05-2013 06:32 AM)robotworld Wrote:  tl;dr - Exploration based dreams which involves a changing environment.

Man! I was gonna say that Dodgy Cool

I would like to add that dreams like the ones you described make me think the person is constantly wanting to learn something new. It's like the dreamer is never satisfied with what they've been told; the dreamer feels the need to "find it out for HIMSELF." It's kinda like they are trying to "test out" what they already know.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
05-05-2013, 02:44 PM
(05-05-2013 12:47 PM)amyb Wrote:  I have dreams that are quite obviously influenced by video games a lot. Jumping over holes in the ground, sometimes really big ones, secret passages, puzzles that have to be solved, sometimes even video game type monsters or villains. Running through huge buildings and mansions (like in Resident Evil), getting lost, being chased by monsters. Sometimes also some sci-fi influence, being on a spaceship, etc. I rarely have sex dreams but I've had a couple Farscape-influenced dreams in which I had sex with Captain Crais.

Other than that, the few sex dreams i remember are very disturbing, like running away from a naked dude with a permanent erection, jizzing caustic semen everywhere,I am trying to use found objects as a shield. Dreamed of kissing an ex-boyfriend and he was vomiting into my mouth the whole time. Other times it is weird/awkward stuff, I had a dream I was going to have sex with one of the drag queens from RuPaul's drag race (Milan, not even a good looking one), I was naked and under a blanket, he put his hand on my crotch and found that my pubes were not shaved, and decided he couldn't have sex with me for this reason.

One recurring type of dream I have is exploring relative's homes (often, dead relatives). For example, my great grandma, except in the dream she has rooms full of junk like toy dinosaurs. A frequent one involving my maternal grandparents' house: it's like their house, but with enormous underground tunnels in the basement. There are usually no people around, I'm just exploring.

Most of mine involve a lot of exploration of abandoned areas, or schools I've been to.

I also have a lot of lucid dreams. The first one i remember is one I had when I was only 6 or 7 years old. I was tobogganing down the stairs with the neighbor boy, then he disappeared. My mom was making coffee in the kitchen, and my dad was reading the newspaper on the couch. I suddenly realized I was dreaming and wanted to tell them. I yelled to my mom, no answer. I crawled onto the couch with my dad and shook him by the shoulder, but he was just frozen, like a mannequin, he wouldn't respond at all. This really freaked me out and I woke up. (In a more recent lucid dream, I walked up to a random teenage boy sitting on steps in front of a school and just nonchalantly told him he was a figment of my imagination.)
I have dreams all the time where I'm dreaming about (or the atmosphere reminds me of) a story or show I've been watching/reading.

I downloaded the Bible the other day. I read it a lot the day I got it. When I woke up in the morning, I couldn't recall the dream itself, but I remember that all conversations were in "bible lingo." Everyone was rambling and repeating themselves and they used words such as "thou" and "cometh."

I don't play many video games; I love racing games, though. When I played "Burnout" games for about three days straight a couple years back, I dreamt that I was in the game and ramming into buses and flying over ramps. IT WAS AWESOME. Big Grin

05-05-2013, 02:55 PM
(05-05-2013 02:44 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I have dreams all the time where I'm dreaming about (or the atmosphere reminds me of) a story or show I've been watching/reading.

I downloaded the Bible the other day. I read it a lot the day I got it. When I woke up in the morning, I couldn't recall the dream itself, but I remember that all conversations were in "bible lingo." Everyone was rambling and repeating themselves and they used words such as "thou" and "cometh."

I don't play many video games; I love racing games, though. When I played "Burnout" games for about three days straight a couple years back, I dreamt that I was in the game and ramming into buses and flying over ramps. IT WAS AWESOME. Big Grin

Yeah, that reminds me, I often dream about either the last TV show I watched (usually crime shows) or stuff I was doing online. If I talked to someone I know IRL on Facebook, I dream about hanging out with them in person, or a scrambled version of my day. Example: a while ago, I dreamed that I was back in high school, talking to a guy I went to school with. He had a rash on his arm, and I kept trying to give him my dermatologist's business card, but he didn't want it, didn't want to see a doctor. This pissed me off, I went and talked to someone else about how mad at him I was. But in real life, he was the last person I talked to on Facebook that day (I wasn't actually mad at him), and earlier I had a dermatologist appt.

Haha, yeah I've had racing game dreams. I used to have a video game podracing game based on Star Wars Ep I, the racing game was better than the most recent three SW movies. I've had dreams based on that.
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
05-05-2013, 02:58 PM
(05-05-2013 02:37 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(05-05-2013 06:32 AM)robotworld Wrote:  tl;dr - Exploration based dreams which involves a changing environment.

Man! I was gonna say that Dodgy Cool

I would like to add that dreams like the ones you described make me think the person is constantly wanting to learn something new. It's like the dreamer is never satisfied with what they've been told; the dreamer feels the need to "find it out for HIMSELF." It's kinda like they are trying to "test out" what they already know.

I've had a lot of practice hiding from murderers in my dreams. I'm hoping that comes in handy next time someone tries to shoot me.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
05-05-2013, 03:25 PM
^I've had dreams I was a serial killer, and that Shaquille O'Neal showed up at my door to help me hide the bodies, because I'm 5'4" and he's a big dude, so it'd be easier for him to pick up the bodies wrapped in black garbage bags. He was sort of my accomplice, but I did all the killing, he only showed up after to help me clean up. Maybe I'm mentally practicing so I can become a serial killer, I don't know.
05-05-2013, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2013 05:42 PM by TheGulegon.)
The last one I can remember was a couple nights ago. It was me, my father, and someone on the other side of him I couldn't see. We were sitting on his porch watching a spectacular lightning storm. The strikes lit up the world, but the unidentified person had a darkness surrounding them that couldn't be penetrated by the light. I couldn't see anything more than it's silhouette, and it "felt" unnatural, that darkness! Then the outline of it's head turned to look at me, and I just knew it was smiling, even though I couldn't see any facial features, which struck me with terror. Like heart stopping fear. Then I woke up. Don't want to call it a nightmare (cause the lightning show was awesome), but I certainly woke with a start, breathing hard, and heart pounding.