Dreams

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2015, 12:13 PM
Dreams
Anybody else regularly remember their dreams?

Or how about "lucid dreaming"? I've long had the ability to recall my dreams with minimal effort, and over the last few years have developed the ability on some occasions to become aware that I am dreaming while in the midst of a dream.

I know its just brain activity but it always leaves me with a cool feeling upon waking. Though it does have negative effects such as sleep paralysis. A couple years ago I got stuck between asleep and awake and I was seeing a "demonic" girl in the corner of my room that was set on hurting me. Unable to move, the terror is a rush, but once I got myself together the demon girl turned out to be....my vacuum.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
29-04-2015, 12:33 PM
RE: Dreams
I suspect dreams are different from person to person.....

From what I've read -- you're only "supposed" to experience dreams while in REM sleep -- and that's after you've been asleep for a couple hours.....

I have the ability to go to sleep almost anywhere - in almost any condition.

And, I tend to dream quite a bit --- even in periods of sleep lasting well less than an hour.

I remember some dreams I've had - many years later.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
29-04-2015, 12:41 PM
Not sure why but my dreams get really detailed when I become ill and I think I'm coming down with the flu and boy I had a good one at about 6 this morning.

I was in my grandparents den (they're both dead and I haven't been to their previous house since 2002), and my gaze was stuck on one area of the ceiling while a loud noise similar to that from Poltergeist was simultaneously ripping out my eardrums and stomach. I forced myself awake and nearly threw up from the pain in my stomach.
29-04-2015, 01:06 PM
I always liked it when I left the TV on, fell asleep with a half our infomercial of "Girls Gone Wild" on, boy were those nice dreams.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-04-2015, 01:06 PM
I don't worry about it... You know what they say ---

Those dreams are just in your head......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
29-04-2015, 01:29 PM
I dream that I'm inside the dream.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
29-04-2015, 03:07 PM
(29-04-2015 01:29 PM)Leo Wrote:  I dream that I'm inside the dream.

What makes you think you're NOT??

Shocking

29-04-2015, 03:25 PM
I also have lucid dreams in which I am fully aware that I'm dreaming. It's a cool feeling. I remember in one dream I was walking along a canal. As I was aware it was a dream I decided to try and jump over the canal. It worked, and it was a great feeling flying through the air, it seemed to take ages before I reached the other side of the canal. I woke up with a big smile on my face.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
29-04-2015, 03:56 PM
As you get older you don't remember your dreams as much. It's kind of a bummer. And the dreams change over time. I used to dream that I could fly, which is a common dream, but I haven't had a flying dream in about 15 years. After having children my dreams have gotten kind of choppy. They're very short dreams now.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
29-04-2015, 04:08 PM
I was laying down in my bed when I heard a thump. I opened my eyes and standing next to me was a small Japanese woman. "Is this room 1249? I'm looking for room 1249?" She said as she grabbed my leg. I jumped out of bed and shouted "WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU!" this woke up my wife and she saw me standing next to the bed ready to fight.

No one was in my room. It was so vivid. I walked around the apartment to see if anyone was inside. everything was locked up tight. I laid back down and went back to sleep.

I have some really realistic dreams at times. And and my body has a tendency to react as such. I've never jumped out of bed like that before thou. What I've contemplated must have happened was recently I've been getting a lot of charlie horses. Very painful. One may have started when I was sleeping and the combination of eating a late dinner could have contributed. I think i'm luck i was never in the military. I think i would be a sure candidate for PTSD.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post