Dreams and Life after Death?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2014, 12:01 PM
Dreams and Life after Death?
You always here moronic atheists claim that there’s no evidence for the afterlife, none at all, and until they have evidence or a reason to believe, they will choose not to believe.

Okay, first you have to discount all near death experiences, which is simply sticking one’s head in the sand if you ask me, but then you have to discount the utter inability of the brain to produce consciousness. You just have to have a kind of faith that it does (even though simple life forms with no neurology at all seem to be quite conscious).

Finally, you have to discount dreams. I mean, think about it: you go to sleep at night, and suddenly you find yourself in a strange world that you never created. Sure, there are images you may see from your waking life, but we’ve all had dreams that defy that. We’ve all had dreams that we wake up from and say, “That had nothing to do with me or anything going on in my head.”

Some will say, “Nope, no matter what, a dream is just a replayed recording of life events, even if you can’t remember those events.” But again, that’s a statement of faith, that’s an opinion used to support atheism.

Fact is we have these strange dreams that have nothing to do with us. The very person we are in the dream may not even be the person we are, but we are conscious through them nonetheless. Why should we suppose that’s not exactly what happens when we die?

It sure looks like it would be. It sure looks like the more we lose consciousness in the waking world, the more we gain consciousness in the dream world. Some would say our mind is always on the astral plane and we are simply blinded to it by our physical awareness when we are awake.

After undergoing surgery and waking up from the general anesthesia, some people will say they remember nothing. It was just a blank loss of time. Some atheists use this as evidence that we blink out of consciousness entirely. But they don’t understand that the property of most general anesthetics is amnesia. Especially if Versed (midazolam) was used.

But we don’t’ have to go to that extent. There are mornings we wake up and remember nothing. That doesn’t mean nothing was experienced. In fact we know that people go into a dream state approximately 4-6 times a night, and in fact they may be in a dream state at other times during sleep as well. I can personally attest that I seem to dream all night long.

My point is this, we do have reason to believe we live after we die, we dream don’t we? Isn’t it pretty logical to assume that’s what’s waiting for us in the end?

[Image: What-Dreams-May-Come_-Hell_Visions_-Vinc...d-1998.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gordon's post
20-12-2014, 12:06 PM
RE: Dreams and Life after Death?
[Image: latest?cb=20130218085354]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like TheInquisition's post
20-12-2014, 12:09 PM
Or if you understand a tiny bit of neurology and how these situations occur within brains, you've come to a point of evidence of why they happen. Opposed to a random assumption they are something beyond the physical functions of the body.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 5 users Like ClydeLee's post
20-12-2014, 12:12 PM
(20-12-2014 12:09 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Or if you understand a tiny bit of neurology and how these situations occur within brains, you've come to a point of evidence of why they happen. Opposed to a random assumption they are something beyond the physical functions of the body.

Gordon's beyond the realm of science, Jeebus tells him things about the universe.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
20-12-2014, 12:16 PM
I have a picture of the afterlife here:

[Image: 2hz70o6.jpg]

Big Grin

here is a pic of a creationist denying the facts:

[Image: aov1ir.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 7 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
20-12-2014, 12:19 PM
Boring.

[Image: deadhorse.gif]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 7 users Like Full Circle's post
20-12-2014, 12:19 PM
(20-12-2014 12:16 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I have a picture of the afterlife here:

[Image: 2hz70o6.jpg]

Big Grin

here is a pic of a creationist denying the facts:

[Image: aov1ir.jpg]

Mauve corduroys and a belt that went out of style in 2001 is the afterlife?! Gasp

Out of all the beauty in that movie, you had to pick the horror.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
20-12-2014, 12:20 PM
(20-12-2014 12:09 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Or if you understand a tiny bit of neurology and how these situations occur within brains, you've come to a point of evidence of why they happen. Opposed to a random assumption they are something beyond the physical functions of the body.

Tiny bit of neurology, huh? Okay, tell me about that. Because I study neurology almost daily, and I can't seem to come to a theory of how dreams work. For that matter, how we are even conscious. I know how neurons work. I know that all the neurons in our brain are firing all the time. (10-200 hz), or they're dead.

So, how does that make a dream happen? You said it was simple, so please explain it because I missed it...Clyde. Popcorn
20-12-2014, 12:22 PM
I'm telling you all right now, I'm judging you. The initial responses tell me who knows anything and who knows nothing. Who should be considered, and who should be ignored. Who has any critical thinking skills and who's a fucking moron. So, you might want to think before you respond.
20-12-2014, 12:23 PM
delet please.