Dreams and Life after Death?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2014, 03:06 PM
RE: Dreams and Life after Death?
Near death experience...as in 'not dead'...as in, the brain still has firing neurons.

Hit me back when we get an accurate description from someone who got to remove the N from NDE.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
21-12-2014, 03:10 PM
(21-12-2014 05:19 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Ya know, you motherfuckers are just encouraging him. Tongue

I concur. Everything I told him of anticipating how dishonest he would act in this thread is clearly coming to be. His manipulation of using terms in ways he wants to see them and refueling his own positions in spite of evidence is looking nice. This goon is not the type worth bickering at.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
21-12-2014, 03:16 PM
Oh and as for dreams explaining life after death, well just fuck the fuck off. That's some cheesy horror movie, typical theist wishful thinking. Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean its something you hope it to be.
21-12-2014, 07:09 PM
Re: Dreams and Life after Death?
If dreams are that important, I wonder about the importance of that vision I had years ago while mediating. Big Grin
21-12-2014, 07:35 PM
(20-12-2014 12:22 PM)Gordon Wrote:  I'm telling you all right now, I'm judging you. The initial responses tell me who knows anything and who knows nothing. Who should be considered, and who should be ignored. Who has any critical thinking skills and who's a fucking moron. So, you might want to think before you respond.

Likewise.
And your initial OP tells be you know nothing, you shouldn't be considered, you should be ignored, you have zero critical thinking skills and you're a fucking moron. So you might want to think before you post another thread.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
21-12-2014, 07:48 PM
(21-12-2014 07:35 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  [quote='Gordon' pid='703919' dateline='1419099728']
I'm telling you all right now, I'm judging you.

uh oh! The reincarnation of Jesus is judging us on an internet forum!
Watch out!

Drinking Beverage

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
21-12-2014, 07:51 PM
(20-12-2014 11:07 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(20-12-2014 10:57 PM)Gordon Wrote:  We don't know what began the universe.
We don't know what time is.
We don't know how gravity works.
We don't know what consciousness is or why the mind works the way it does.
We don't understand why animals have instincts.
We don't know how we remember things.
We don't understand how subatomic particles can be both waves and particles.
We don't know how observation collapses the wave function.

1. God of the Gaps.

2. What's in bold we do know already.
Whats in read is stuff we already know a lot about. Enough to safely assume that the majority of what we do know is correct until proven otherwise.

Actually, he's correct about gravity. We can mathematically describe its effects in great detail, but we don't have a clue how it works. Maybe we're using different definitions of "how", but we really don't understand gravity. All we can do is describe its effects.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
21-12-2014, 08:08 PM
(21-12-2014 07:51 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(20-12-2014 11:07 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  1. God of the Gaps.

2. What's in bold we do know already.
Whats in read is stuff we already know a lot about. Enough to safely assume that the majority of what we do know is correct until proven otherwise.

Actually, he's correct about gravity. We can mathematically describe its effects in great detail, but we don't have a clue how it works. Maybe we're using different definitions of "how", but we really don't understand gravity. All we can do is describe its effects.

"Mass curves space" is good enough for me. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-12-2014, 08:17 PM
(21-12-2014 08:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 07:51 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Actually, he's correct about gravity. We can mathematically describe its effects in great detail, but we don't have a clue how it works. Maybe we're using different definitions of "how", but we really don't understand gravity. All we can do is describe its effects.

"Mass curves space" is good enough for me. Drinking Beverage

Right, but that is nothing more than a mathematical description of what it does, not how it does it. I mean, big object here causes another big object millions of miles away to move? How exactly does it do that? Can you even conceive of what it means for space to be curved? I can't. With a bit of study, I could work out the mathematics, but I have no intuitive understanding of it at all. Maybe that's just me, but I'm not convinced that anyone has an intuitive understanding of such things...
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
21-12-2014, 08:35 PM
(21-12-2014 08:17 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 08:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  "Mass curves space" is good enough for me. Drinking Beverage

Right, but that is nothing more than a mathematical description of what it does, not how it does it. I mean, big object here causes another big object millions of miles away to move? How exactly does it do that? Can you even conceive of what it means for space to be curved? I can't. With a bit of study, I could work out the mathematics, but I have no intuitive understanding of it at all. Maybe that's just me, but I'm not convinced that anyone has an intuitive understanding of such things...

The what it does and the how are the same exact question. We already know that.
I won't stand here and pretend I am an expert but your personal incredulity gives no reason to stand there and say we don't know, because we do quite a lot.

So much that we can easily predict where any object will move at any given point in time and where it will end up in the next 1000 years.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ