Dreams and Life after Death?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2014, 02:55 AM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2014 02:58 AM by Gordon.)
RE: Dreams and Life after Death?
(22-12-2014 01:29 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Said the the delusional fuckwad that's at -22. Facepalm

Your problem is you think -22 rep points by the atheists matter. They don't. To someone like me, they are a badge. You don't get that, do you?

I know rep points (green ones) really matter to you. I know how upset you get if they go down at all. You really really need the approval of people. That's why you have that BS bio. Even after you admitted to me that it's out of date. You are horribly terrified of not being accepted by the group. You would never oppose this group. Never.

But I'm not like you. I am totally contained in just my relationship with God. I'm not alone, and the one I'm with trumps everyone else in the world.

You'll never know that kind of freedom. No
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2014, 05:54 AM
(22-12-2014 02:55 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 01:29 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Said the the delusional fuckwad that's at -22. Facepalm

Your problem is you think -22 rep points by the atheists matter. They don't. To someone like me, they are a badge. You don't get that, do you?

I know rep points (green ones) really matter to you. I know how upset you get if they go down at all. You really really need the approval of people. That's why you have that BS bio. Even after you admitted to me that it's out of date. You are horribly terrified of not being accepted by the group. You would never oppose this group. Never.

But I'm not like you. I am totally contained in just my relationship with God. I'm not alone, and the one I'm with trumps everyone else in the world.

You'll never know that kind of freedom. No

Herd mentality is human nature. Religion is a prime example.

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
22-12-2014, 06:33 AM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2014 07:50 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(22-12-2014 01:22 AM)Gordon Wrote:  I know rep points (green ones) really matter to you. I know how upset you get if they go down at all. You really really need the approval of people.

How could you possibly know that ? It's almost never happened, AND the very few who did I publicly said I wore with a badge of honor.
Just more hot air emanating from the ass of Gordo the Magnificent.

(22-12-2014 01:22 AM)Gordon Wrote:  When you're popular you can choose.

Well.... just maybe, some day you might have that option. Now you don't, as you are one of THE 3 or 4 most laughed at idiots ever to infect TTA.
You claimed you were popular. No one else will have you. You've been banned everywhere else.
Either you are SO delusional that you actually think you *are* popular, or it's important enough to you that you needed to lie about it.
Then, when confronted with your dishonesty, you lie again.

You despise atheists, yet the ONLY place you can engage anyone to get the attention you crave and need, is among the very people you hate.
You are one scary screwed up dude, Gordo.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
22-12-2014, 10:03 AM
(22-12-2014 01:29 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 01:22 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Gravity might as well be magic. It's an awful lot like it. In fact the whole universe is still almost as mysterious as it ever was to us. We might as well build another Stonehenge instead of another super-collider.

Wrong idiot. It may be magic to ignorami such as YOU, but fortunately for us, YOU speak for no one other than yourself.

I disagree with most of what Gordon says, but this particular observation, while a bit hyperbolic, contains a grain of truth. Modern non-intuitive science (electromagnetic field theory, relativity, quantum mechanics) does have an air of magic about it. We can work out all the mathematical detail, and describe things and predict things with phenomenal accuracy, but we don't really understand the "inner workings" of any of it. How do electromagnetic waves propagate without a physical medium? How does "action at a distance" work? How do electrons instantaneously move from one quantum level to another without occupying the space between? No scientist believes that this is magic, but as Gordon says, it might as well be. And Stonehenge was a primitive scientific instrument, analogous to the super-collider.

Some eminent scientists have expressed this as well (so it's not just crackpots like Gordon and me). Bertrand Russell famously said "Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." That comment was partly tongue-in-cheek, but like Gordon's statement, it contains a large grain of truth. In much of modern mathematics and science, we are just manipulating symbols without any real understanding of the underlying reality. This is not to say that our activity isn't extremely useful, but it falls short of full understanding.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
22-12-2014, 10:59 AM
(22-12-2014 10:03 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 01:29 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wrong idiot. It may be magic to ignorami such as YOU, but fortunately for us, YOU speak for no one other than yourself.

I disagree with most of what Gordon says, but this particular observation, while a bit hyperbolic, contains a grain of truth. Modern non-intuitive science (electromagnetic field theory, relativity, quantum mechanics) does have an air of magic about it. We can work out all the mathematical detail, and describe things and predict things with phenomenal accuracy, but we don't really understand the "inner workings" of any of it. How do electromagnetic waves propagate without a physical medium? How does "action at a distance" work? How do electrons instantaneously move from one quantum level to another without occupying the space between? No scientist believes that this is magic, but as Gordon says, it might as well be. And Stonehenge was a primitive scientific instrument, analogous to the super-collider.

Some eminent scientists have expressed this as well (so it's not just crackpots like Gordon and me). Bertrand Russell famously said "Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." That comment was partly tongue-in-cheek, but like Gordon's statement, it contains a large grain of truth. In much of modern mathematics and science, we are just manipulating symbols without any real understanding of the underlying reality. This is not to say that our activity isn't extremely useful, but it falls short of full understanding.

But he really meant "magic" in the woo sense. He has NOT A CLUE about the "spooky action at a distance" which, which while non-intuitive, IS OBSERVED to happen. I happen to agree with YOU. He does not, and you are giving him FAR too much credit. He wouldn't even know what you're talking about.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-12-2014, 11:20 AM
(20-12-2014 12:01 PM)Gordon Wrote:  You always here moronic atheists claim that there’s no evidence for the afterlife, none at all, and until they have evidence or a reason to believe, they will choose not to believe.

Okay, first you have to discount all near death experiences, which is simply sticking one’s head in the sand if you ask me, but then you have to discount the utter inability of the brain to produce consciousness. You just have to have a kind of faith that it does (even though simple life forms with no neurology at all seem to be quite conscious).

Finally, you have to discount dreams. I mean, think about it: you go to sleep at night, and suddenly you find yourself in a strange world that you never created. Sure, there are images you may see from your waking life, but we’ve all had dreams that defy that. We’ve all had dreams that we wake up from and say, “That had nothing to do with me or anything going on in my head.”

Some will say, “Nope, no matter what, a dream is just a replayed recording of life events, even if you can’t remember those events.” But again, that’s a statement of faith, that’s an opinion used to support atheism.

Fact is we have these strange dreams that have nothing to do with us. The very person we are in the dream may not even be the person we are, but we are conscious through them nonetheless. Why should we suppose that’s not exactly what happens when we die?

It sure looks like it would be. It sure looks like the more we lose consciousness in the waking world, the more we gain consciousness in the dream world. Some would say our mind is always on the astral plane and we are simply blinded to it by our physical awareness when we are awake.

After undergoing surgery and waking up from the general anesthesia, some people will say they remember nothing. It was just a blank loss of time. Some atheists use this as evidence that we blink out of consciousness entirely. But they don’t understand that the property of most general anesthetics is amnesia. Especially if Versed (midazolam) was used.

But we don’t’ have to go to that extent. There are mornings we wake up and remember nothing. That doesn’t mean nothing was experienced. In fact we know that people go into a dream state approximately 4-6 times a night, and in fact they may be in a dream state at other times during sleep as well. I can personally attest that I seem to dream all night long.

My point is this, we do have reason to believe we live after we die, we dream don’t we? Isn’t it pretty logical to assume that’s what’s waiting for us in the end?

Speaking of brains, have you tried using yours lately?

No really, I'm serious. Dodgy

Have you ever (while awake) imagined a place that you have never visited or seen? Have you ever imagined a place that doesn't even exist? Dreaming is simply that on automatic pilot.

Now, while your using your brain (I hope), go to Google and look up NDE's. If there was really an afterlife and a god, everyone experiencing NDE's would see the same god. However, you'll find that they each see only the god that they already believe in - and they can't ALL be the ONE god. You'll also find that NDE's have been explained and they aren't religious experiences at all. In fact, even rats have had NDE's.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
22-12-2014, 11:24 AM
(22-12-2014 02:55 AM)Gordon Wrote:  

Except that most of your down reps have nothing to do with the fact we are atheist and your are not so you can stuff your persecution complex. Your down reps come from being: delusional, crazy, trying to start a cult, talking about clearly and demonstrably fake crap (astrology, Tarot, etc), arguing disingenuous, lying, making up bullshit on the fly, hypocrisy, refusing to prove anything while demanding other people prove stuff, being belligerent, being a troll, and the list goes on and on and on and on.

You are not being down voted 'cause we are all atheists your getting down voted 'cause your a nut job and a fucking asshole about it. So feel free to wear that as a badge if you want.

(22-12-2014 02:55 AM)Gordon Wrote:  I know rep points (green ones) really matter to you. I know how upset you get if they go down at all. You really really need the approval of people. That's why you have that BS bio. Even after you admitted to me that it's out of date. You are horribly terrified of not being accepted by the group. You would never oppose this group. Never.
You have a bullshit cult filled with bullshit views and bullshit beliefs, and you think your imaginary friend actually talks to you and you compulsively lie about it.
You got a long way to go before you can call anyone out for anything.

(22-12-2014 02:55 AM)Gordon Wrote:  But I'm not like you. I am totally contained in just my relationship with God. I'm not alone, and the one I'm with trumps everyone else in the world.
You don't have a relationship with god, you have a relationship with mental illness.

(22-12-2014 02:55 AM)Gordon Wrote:  You'll never know that kind of freedom. No
And we are all glad we don't have the kind of "freedom" you think you have. Mental illness is not liberating.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
22-12-2014, 11:41 AM
(20-12-2014 09:23 PM)Gordon Wrote:  My point there was that if people wake up from surgery and are simply "missing" time, it's not that their conscious soul has blinked out, it's that they probably just can't remember the experience of the astral plane, which would most probably be like a dream.

Psssst! If you're going to try passing off guesses as facts, at least try not to be so obvious about it. Facepalm

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
22-12-2014, 11:45 AM
(20-12-2014 09:31 PM)Gordon Wrote:  If there is no physical explanation for consciousness, which there is not and never will be. Then it is not unreasonable to conclude that physical processes will have no effect on it, like death.

Of course it is. Without strong supporting facts, it's unreasonable to conclude anything.

22-12-2014, 12:45 PM
(22-12-2014 11:45 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(20-12-2014 09:31 PM)Gordon Wrote:  If there is no physical explanation for consciousness, which there is not and never will be. Then it is not unreasonable to conclude that physical processes will have no effect on it, like death.

Of course it is. Without strong supporting facts, it's unreasonable to conclude anything.

All observable consciousness ceases after death. Regardless of what you think happens to it, I wouldn't call that "no effect."

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?