Dreams and Life after Death?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2014, 03:18 PM
RE: Dreams and Life after Death?
(20-12-2014 01:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(20-12-2014 12:01 PM)Gordon Wrote:  My point is this, we do have reason to believe we live after we die, we dream don’t we?

In order to dream, an organism needs an intact functioning BRAIN.
Dead people's brains do not function.

The end.

So, for all your Ivy League education, multiple degrees, genius of medicine/astrophysics/religion, that's what you got? An atheist statement of faith?

How do you know what dead people experience?

Don't even answer, because whenever I get you, you always avoid. You just take it. Like a zombie. Shoot 'em in the arm or blow off a leg and the just keep crawling back. They don't even notice it. [Image: zombie.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2014, 03:25 PM
(20-12-2014 01:41 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So, you can recall your dreams before you were born?

Anything else is simply speculation with a hard dash of wishful thinking.

Yes, actually. Well, not dreams, but I remember a previous life, or bits of it, right at the end. Lots of people can. Reincarnation is very well founded. Not proof, mind you, but a lot of evidence.

And I'm not trying to prove anything. Nothing can be proved, except you verifying your own consciousness. But evidence, and reason to believe. Yes
20-12-2014, 03:27 PM
(20-12-2014 03:18 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(20-12-2014 01:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  In order to dream, an organism needs an intact functioning BRAIN.

The end.

So, for all your Ivy League education, multiple degrees, genius of medicine/astrophysics/religion, that's what you got? An atheist statement of faith?

You've never taken a basic anatomy or a physiology class then.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-12-2014, 03:31 PM
(20-12-2014 02:01 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  [posts my picture and my name]

I guess do whatever ad hominem you need to do. You got nothing else. You're an idiot atheist follower. Search for me; research me; obsess, and bow down. That's all you're ever going to be. Bowing
20-12-2014, 03:35 PM
(20-12-2014 03:18 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(20-12-2014 01:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  In order to dream, an organism needs an intact functioning BRAIN.

The end.

Don't even answer, because whenever I get you, you always avoid. You just take it. Like a zombie. Shoot 'em in the arm or blow off a leg and the just keep crawling back. They don't even notice it. [Image: zombie.gif]

He said dead people's brains don't function, which is a statement of fact.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
20-12-2014, 03:37 PM
(20-12-2014 03:25 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(20-12-2014 01:41 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So, you can recall your dreams before you were born?

Yes, actually. Well, not dreams, but I remember a previous life, or bits of it, right at the end. Lots of people can. Reincarnation is very well founded. Not proof, mind you, but a lot of evidence.

And I'm not trying to prove anything. Nothing can be proved, except you verifying your own consciousness. But evidence, and reason to believe. Yes

Reincarnation is very well founded? Your standards of evidence are deplorable.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
20-12-2014, 03:42 PM
(20-12-2014 12:40 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Why would blatant strawman arguments be worth arguing against. I said it was simple? Run by that exact phrasing again and tell me where I said it was simple? Or even where I implied it was simple?

Is there any evidence you're honest in any of your claims after you made something up deliberately or from complete incompetence?

Why would anyone desire themselves, in this case you, to come up with a theory of how dreams work on their own? That's excessive gratification of individual worth. There is actually various forms and studies upon it. Not having a definitive answer isn't a lack of understanding how they function though. Your concept thrown in about life-events or recordings is bizarre and I'm not sure where you find that as some definitive claims. There is multiple paths a lot of brains can take do to immense powers of reactions and creative angles one can take. BTW, when you're trying to set a standard, it's more beneficial to discussion to lay your meaning of terminology that people move about all the time. I wouldn't know what you mean by work or conscious without you saying since people of your type of rep on here tend to move their definitions around at every bat of an eye.

Look at you: you try to sound all academic, and you can't answer the stupid question I asked you. But you sure acted like you knew it before, didn't you? Wink
20-12-2014, 03:46 PM
(20-12-2014 03:25 PM)Gordon Wrote:  

Were you a pain in the ass in your past life/lives too?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
20-12-2014, 03:47 PM
[Image: 18470lrg.jpg]

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
20-12-2014, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2014 03:53 PM by Gordon.)
(20-12-2014 02:07 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Just because you want it to be true doesn’t make it so.

Evidence of Life After Death? Not.

http://www.realclearscience.com/lists/ju...death.html

This fall, numerous media outlets blared otherworldly headlines claiming that scientists had found evidence of life after death. A close, skeptical look at the study in question, however, yielded nothing that would make you want to rethink existence.

The researchers behind the study http://www.resuscitationjournal.com/arti...4/abstract interviewed 140 survivors of cardiac arrest, and apparently one of those people reported memories of events during the cardiac arrest while they were unconscious. The researchers considered this lone instance strong evidence for a near-death experience in which the conscious mind or spirit separates from the body.

But is it really? http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index...ce-of-nde/

The interviews were conducted days, weeks, or even months after the cardiac arrest. During that time, memories were likely heavily altered, http://www.realclearscience.com/journal_...08363.html
either through faulty reconstruction or by speaking with others about the events.

“The most disconcerting aspect of human memory is not that we forget things; it's that we falsely remember them."

According to Yale neurologist Steven Novella:

"We need to consider what the odds are that one of the 140 people would have a memory (almost certainly contaminated, as no procedure was in place to prevent contamination) that matched events during cardiac arrest in some arbitrary details. This certainly sound consistent with random background noise in the data, and is therefore not evidence of anything.”

So, reputable scientists do real research and publish their findings in a scientific journal. BUT OH NO! No, no, no. That can't be! Why?

Because the implications of what have been reported would topple science as a system of knowledge--at least for anything really important to human life. If we are not just physical bodies, the institution of science doesn't fail so much as it become irrelevant.

So, of course that article in Resuscitation couldn't be allowed to go unchallenged. And what is the fall back--NO POOF, NO POOF, NO POOF Hobo

And for your NO POOF fix, you go to an atheist website posing as a scientific website. Sorry...update...make that one guy's atheist blog. Talk about religiosity.

There is no proof of anything. There is only reason to believe or not believe.

For you to be an atheist, you have to assume that a billion people who have had supernatural experiences, including NDEs, including psi experiences, and including religious experiences, are all liars or mental defectives. You're desperate.