Dreams and Life after Death?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2014, 01:40 AM
RE: Dreams and Life after Death?
(21-12-2014 01:34 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Hell that all aside do you REALLY think Jesus, as he is portrayed in the Bible, wants to spend all of eternity surrounded almost exclusively by dumb cunts pulled from the most uneducated, superstitious, gullible, and just plain stupid the world has to offer?
I doubt that a great deal.Drinking Beverage

No, I'm sure he wants to be around the self-important narcissists who encourage suicides online like you do.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2014, 01:45 AM
(21-12-2014 01:32 AM)xieulong Wrote:  Oh please, you are benefiting from the work of science and scientists every second of your life. Science, at the very least is infinitely more worthy of worship than any versions of the chistian god, including yours.

But it can't answer the most basic questions about life. What we have learned about the natural world, and how we have applied it, has made life only a little better. I say only a little because for every technological advance, we have almost as much suffering as we do benefit. And science is limited in what it can do.

We are at the end of science. There will be more technology as a result of what we already know, but even that will begin to come to a halt (e.g., you can only make a cell phone so small and then you can't use it anymore).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-12-2014, 02:04 AM
(21-12-2014 01:45 AM)Gordon Wrote:  We are at the end of science.
Laughat

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
21-12-2014, 02:22 AM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2014 02:25 AM by Shadow Fox.)
(21-12-2014 02:04 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 01:45 AM)Gordon Wrote:  We are at the end of science.
Laughat

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Yeah, that is pretty much how I feel about that comment too.

He truly is a freaken idiot isn't he?

Know what? Fuck this! Gordo! You are now reduced to ponies from me from now on!

From now on, you get nothing but ponies!

[Image: tumblr_inline_mldfadj6h51qz4rgp.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_m2frm1ucv81r3k1m8o1_500.png]

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
21-12-2014, 02:43 AM
Yeah please tell the companies developing Ebola vaccines to give up and go home, all the stem cells researchers to quit on Monday, the new space research to shut down, and be sure to tell them the founder of the Church of the Green Dick said science was at an end, so they can all just give up. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-12-2014, 02:56 AM
(21-12-2014 02:43 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yeah please tell the companies developing Ebola vaccines to give up and go home, all the stem cells researchers to quit on Monday, the new space research to shut down, and be sure to tell them the founder of the Church of the Green Dick said science was at an end, so they can all just give up. Thumbsup

Church of the wah? What is that? Never heard of it?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
21-12-2014, 03:10 AM
[Image: IyjX3.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
21-12-2014, 03:14 AM
(20-12-2014 12:01 PM)Gordon Wrote:  ...
if you ask me

No one did.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
21-12-2014, 03:17 AM
(21-12-2014 01:45 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 01:32 AM)xieulong Wrote:  Oh please, you are benefiting from the work of science and scientists every second of your life. Science, at the very least is infinitely more worthy of worship than any versions of the chistian god, including yours.

1But it can't answer the most basic questions about life. 2What we have learned about the natural world, and how we have applied it, has made life only a little better. I say only a little because for every technological advance, we have almost as much suffering as we do benefit. 3And science is limited in what it can do.

4We are at the end of science. There will be more technology as a result of what we already know, but even that will begin to come to a halt (e.g., you can only make a cell phone so small and then you can't use it anymore).

1- Actually, it has already answered a huge number of questions a bout life. What would you like to know? If science can't answer; that just means that science hasn't found an answer YET, but with enough research, it may.
Perhaps there are some questions that we will never find an answer for, so what? Is that much of a problem? Or would you rather appeal to "I don't know, therefore god"?

2- A little better? You must be joking. Advances in technology had made our lives way better.
In the past any major wounds would just kill us, now we can get patched up easily, and go on living normal lives. I'd say that's a fucking huge benefit.
I can talk to my 80 years old grandmother half way around the world anytime I want to or anytime she wants to.
New materials in clothing keep me dryer and cooler, enabling me to enjoy longer hikes, work out harder.
My 3-legged greyhound can now enjoy running again with the help of a new artificial limb made using a 3D printer; this would have been extremely difficult and expensive just a few short years ago.

3- Science is not the limiting factor, it's just a tool. We, are the limiting factor. If we stop applying science, then sure, we'll be at a dead end.
What? You think just because we don't know something now, we should stop investigating? That's religious talk, man. e.g., Duuuuuuh we don't know what caused a fucking hurricane... I know!! God did it!!

4- We're at the end of science? Excuse me while I pick my jaw off the ground after reading this assertion. Please put forth the data that shows this. Hint, there isn't any.

By the way. The only reason why cell phones aren't getting small... we don't want any smaller cell phones. Have you seen the new cells? They all have enormous screens, and they will get larger if there's a demand for them.
I am well aware that there's a limit to how small we can make them. It's called physics. But!! There are always ways that we can make them better, eg., clearer screen, better speakers, faster connections, and so on.

Here's something to ponder. Let's say that one day credible evidence are found for the afterlife and the existence of a god. Guess what's gonna happen? Scientists will be first in line to study and investigate the crap out of them. Until then, those premises are simply not interesting.
21-12-2014, 05:16 AM
(21-12-2014 02:56 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 02:43 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yeah please tell the companies developing Ebola vaccines to give up and go home, all the stem cells researchers to quit on Monday, the new space research to shut down, and be sure to tell them the founder of the Church of the Green Dick said science was at an end, so they can all just give up. Thumbsup

Church of the wah? What is that? Never heard of it?

"Ver" is Latin prefix meaning "green", (as in "verdant"). Veridickinism = green-dick-ism. Big Grin