Dreams (like in sleeping)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2012, 06:59 PM
RE: Dreams (like in sleeping)
(20-09-2012 06:54 PM)Dom Wrote:  The dreams you do remember happen when you are not in the deep sleep phase, and you can actually step in and redirect them.
Lucid dreams?

Dream Interpretation. That's the title of the book. Seriously.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2012, 07:24 PM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2012 07:41 PM by GirlyMan.)
(20-09-2012 06:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-09-2012 06:37 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  I still have those books! For a go, here it is:

-you will suffer temporary embarrassment (for the mountains and valleys)

And the rest is also negative shit that you probably won't want to hear.

Because it is meaningless blather.

I think dreams are just artifacts of the brain deciding which of today's shit to move from short term memory to long term memory while I'm asleep. Whether the conscious me remembers them or not is irrelevant. And trying to analyze or interpret them after the fact is like trying to do scatology without the scat.

(20-09-2012 06:54 PM)Dom Wrote:  Temporary embarassment Smile

That I wanna see, I can't remember when I last felt embarassed about something. Probably as teenager...

Wotthehell you embarassed about? Lucid dreaming is possible. I've done it but only with the help of supplements. It's the imposition of consciousness to make sense of and manipulate the detritis the brain's shitting out while I'm supposed to be unconscious. It's doable, but I can't see how it's productive. I shouldn't be there then. I'm just disrupting the process. I'm in the fucking way. Jared Lee Loughner was a big fan of this. It's worth experiencing, but it ain't worth practicing.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
20-09-2012, 07:59 PM
(20-09-2012 07:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-09-2012 06:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  Because it is meaningless blather.

I think dreams are just artifacts of the brain deciding which of today's shit to move from short term memory to long term memory while I'm asleep. Whether the conscious me remembers them or not is irrelevant. And trying to analyze or interpret them after the fact is like trying to do scatology without the scat.

So you're saying I needn't worry about the dream I had about eating the end of a .22 rifle and pulling the trigger 3 times to make sure it would be mission accomplished?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
20-09-2012, 08:07 PM
(20-09-2012 07:59 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(20-09-2012 07:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think dreams are just artifacts of the brain deciding which of today's shit to move from short term memory to long term memory while I'm asleep. Whether the conscious me remembers them or not is irrelevant. And trying to analyze or interpret them after the fact is like trying to do scatology without the scat.

So you're saying I needn't worry about the dream I had about eating the end of a .22 rifle and pulling the trigger 3 times to make sure it would be mission accomplished?

Yeah, that's just crazy. Twice, maybe. Three times? In your dreams. No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
20-09-2012, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2012 08:47 PM by GirlyMan.)
(20-09-2012 07:59 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  So you're saying I needn't worry about the dream I had about eating the end of a .22 rifle and pulling the trigger 3 times to make sure it would be mission accomplished?

If it was a .22 then you're probably fucked, 'cause you probably survived. ... And found yourself moderating a forum of atheists. ... had you eaten a proper shotgun blast of double-ought buck on the other hand. ......

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-09-2012, 09:09 PM
(20-09-2012 08:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-09-2012 07:59 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  So you're saying I needn't worry about the dream I had about eating the end of a .22 rifle and pulling the trigger 3 times to make sure it would be mission accomplished?

If it was a .22 then you're probably fucked, 'cause you probably survived. ... And found yourself moderating a forum of atheists. ... had you eaten a proper shotgun blast of double-ought buck on the other hand. ......

I knew that in my dream, that's why I kept pulling the trigger.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
20-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Last night I dreamed about finding a Waffle House in this area. So far as I know, there's not a single Waffle House in Minnesota. I miss it like crazy. I ordered way too much food, and apparently made a hog of myself and ate every crumb of it.
20-09-2012, 09:24 PM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2012 09:48 PM by GirlyMan.)
(20-09-2012 09:09 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(20-09-2012 08:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  If it was a .22 then you're probably fucked, 'cause you probably survived. ... And found yourself moderating a forum of atheists. ... had you eaten a proper shotgun blast of double-ought buck on the other hand. ......

I knew that in my dream, that's why I kept pulling the trigger.

Yeah, but on a single bolt action rifle. Wink

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-09-2012, 09:27 PM
One of the things I have occur sometimes is where I have dreamed of a place I have never been and then months later I visit some spot and it looks so similar to the dream place. It is an odd deja vu feeling. I have to remind myself that it is a coincidence.

Dreams are an interesting part of our brains functioning, I believe it likely that we are reinforcing certain neuronal connections and that it is an important phase in learning. Other stages of sleep also allow the restoration of the brain, such as replenishing of neurotransmitter chemicals.
20-09-2012, 11:24 PM
Last night, I dreamed that there were no religious people on the planet. Same dream I have every night, Pinky.

[Image: 553193_635722216633_1026343474_n.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like Science Believer's post