Dreams

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Dreams
First dream I remembered in my life, I never forgot it because even back then it was so unlogical for me. I was like 4 or 5 and I had watched the trick series "the evoks" (does anyone remember that?). Anyway one of the characters there is the mom or so and in my dream she was hunting me with a rolling pin through a looong tree trunk.
Not long after that I started taking control over my dreams or dreaming things again that I liked. Like when I was arielle (still as a child) or I was hunted by someone and I just decided to fly away or once I was so annoyed by my dream that I flew out of the house through the roof and dreamed a much nicer dream.
And yes, I like flying. Most dreams that I dream lucid end up in me flying somewhere. I can walk when I am awake Smile

Though the logical thinking kicks in best in bad dreams, they are the most unlogic turning them into something really cool feels best.

And @ whoever asked if the dreams mean something. (Sorry but I am too lazy to scroll back and find out) I think so, yes. I am not a scientist or a doctor but I think if you tell someone a dream in all the details you might find interesting or important you can show that person a huge chunk of your personality/fears/dreams/etc...

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Had a lucid dream last night for about 2 seconds before waking up. Sad
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Ben's post
19-12-2011, 07:25 AM

I have dreams rarely, but when I have them they are usually quite good and story like, so much so that I end up day dreaming them a bit longer (dyslexic people like me tend to day dream, I have learned to control that though). Smile

Probably the most interesting two dreams in terms of religion for me were:

1) A giant demon evil laughing or something and saying the usual Hollywood 'destroy the world' lines, and there was a feeling of helplessness.

2) I visited a house and asked to rent a room. The landlord revealed himself as the devil, and asked me to sell my soul so I could obtain a room to stay in. I said no, which resulted in the devil turning into a tiger, who I fought down stairs using a knights lance, and escaped on a train, at which point the tiger turned human and shock his fist angrily as the train I was in sped away.
Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2011, 08:08 AM
(17-12-2011 02:56 PM)Ben Wrote:  Had a lucid dream last night for about 2 seconds before waking up. Sad

Its something that gets better with practise....stay patient and keep going.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
19-12-2011, 08:17 AM

My dreams usually just rub things in my face.
Things that I know I will never be able to accomplish.

Dream:
I have the job of my dreams, (Childrens' author). I'm married.
Life is just absolutely perfect.

Reality:
I can't even keep my grades above a 'C average. I feel as if no one should have to live with me until death. It's just a death sentence.

So yeah. :|
19-12-2011, 06:07 PM

For simplicity, I once had a dream where I just ordered and ate a pizza.
[+] 1 user Likes CrazyKitteh's post
19-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Dreams....

Most of them I never remember.. and if I do remember, the memory of that dream quickly fades away. Certain parts of dreams that I've had I always remember.. usually the more vivid or tramatic dreams.. I have vivid memories of dreams where I'm flying. I go through the whole process of learning to fly during the dream. At first I can only fly for short distances such as levitating over a fence.. then over a house.. then before I know it I keep trying and eventually I'm up over the telephone wires.. and off I go.. soaring over the neighborhood. And as I go higher and higher.. I somehow "feel" the sour pull of gravity on my stomach as I start to fall back to the ground..... and just before I hit the ground I feel as though I went from a dead free fall to a suttle slow down where I float down like a feather the last few feet into the comfort of my bed wide awake with a cold sweat.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
28-12-2011, 05:04 PM
My dreams are probably as normal as they can be. They are like a second life, only it has nothing to do with my waking life. I am busy there. There are cities, rural or industrial areas and I go about my business and do things. Usually I have to find out something, fetch someone, persuade someone, do this, give me that, accompany someone somewhere... Or we just hang out together. I remember once I did some job counseling to a guy who looked like a prisoner. I know many people there, but I rarely see anyone from my waking life. Often there is returning to some big place like dormitory or school, where I find one of countless bathrooms and take a shower.
In the morning it's like coming to a film in the middle of an act, without understanding what's going on. Once I tried to step into the dream with my waking consciousness, but the people in dream just had no idea what I'm talking about. They didn't get the references to my waking life. So I let it be. One day I'd like to have an idea what it was all about. What is my job description in the astral world Smile

Sometimes there's a lot of violence in my dreams. Beating up monsters is the gamer's dream. I don't remember having a proper nightmare for many years, every time I just massacre all the monsters that appear. And if not, the save/load technique works in a dream too. But gaming dreams aren't that frequent.
28-12-2011, 06:50 PM
(28-12-2011 05:04 PM)Luminon Wrote:  Sometimes there's a lot of violence in my dreams. Beating up monsters is the gamer's dream. I don't remember having a proper nightmare for many years, every time I just massacre all the monsters that appear. And if not, the save/load technique works in a dream too. But gaming dreams aren't that frequent.

I had a gaming dream exactly once. The dream was so freaking real. Like I was IN the game, watching others fighting a monster together Huh And it's not like the real game has such realistic graphics *lol*

Oh and nightmares are by now, as I am an adult, so realistic that I wake up exhausted, because I never get it anymore that it is a dream. Nothing unlogic, just things I do not want to happen are happening there. And for that, they are actually usefull because they make me work harder on what I want to reach.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-12-2011, 07:23 AM
I haven't had a proper nightmare ever since I was a child. Feeling regrets or embarrassment about my own actions inside a dream is about as bad as it ever gets for me nowadays. I guess I fought off my inner monsters, so I'm left to deal with my own imperfections.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.