Dreamy Inventions.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Dreamy Inventions.
Fun game! Name some inventions you have thought or can think up to make life easier or entertaining. Of course if problems that help our world on a large scale were around I'd mention those, but this is more of a first world problems thread.

When I think of these things (which I do a lot!) sometimes it is for entertainment (which are the easiest to actually think could be possible) or they are to solve a problem I have, usually a daily or nagging one. Those are usually the hardest to fathom.

Anyway.

Your ideas can or can not be possible or plausible- just dream!

Mine:
1. Today while stuffing my daughters homework, lunch kit and snow pants into her back pack after school, I was struggling majorly. I would love someone to invent a fabric that does everything snow pants do but a much, much thinner version. I mean seriously, I hated walking in those when I was younger, and when I got to the age my mom made me where them but half the kids had moved on from them, I was so fashionable challenged (lol). Now, I am cursing them as an adult.

2. Something to wash the dishes. Something even better than a dishwasher. Like a more industrial but less clunky version of the restaurant variety. Set it on the tray, pick it up, put away. Instant. Including the heavy pots and pans and delicate wine glasses. (Getting lazy/greedy, I know)

3. A recycling/compost/garbage sorting sewer. Simply toss it away, it's eco friendly and super quick. No more garbage days!

4. Something to clear the sidewalks of snow automatically. You know the rover vacuum, that goes around the living room on it's own? Circular shaped. Something like that. Or maybe a type of material you lay down in the fall that melts and distributes the snow elsewhere.

I have many more, but will add when I remember them Smile

Anyone else?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2012, 09:43 PM
RE: Dreamy Inventions.
1. A mute button for women!

2. A machine that automatically filters out any work based calls or texts when I'm asleep or, even better, goes into work and solves any problems that require my general brilliance for me.

3. Something that alerts me to any posts I would find interesting on TTA (which is most of them Smile).

4. A robot butler that will bring anything and everything I need to my bed so I can live there 24-7.

Just so you're all aware I'm nearly at 4:00 in the morning over here so my posts might become a bit more random. In fact, reading back, you could all probably tell that from idea no.4 Big Grin.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
16-02-2012, 10:30 PM
(16-02-2012 09:43 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  1. A mute button for women!

2. A machine that automatically filters out any work based calls or texts when I'm asleep or, even better, goes into work and solves any problems that require my general brilliance for me.

3. Something that alerts me to any posts I would find interesting on TTA (which is most of them Smile).

4. A robot butler that will bring anything and everything I need to my bed so I can live there 24-7.

Just so you're all aware I'm nearly at 4:00 in the morning over here so my posts might become a bit more random. In fact, reading back, you could all probably tell that from idea no.4 Big Grin.

1. Aaaah what? This means war, my young friend! Smile
3. How about subscribing to the thread?
Sleep deprivation is no excuse!

1. A scratching machine - for scratching backs and other body parts.....*dribble dribble*
Will keep thinking on this one.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
16-02-2012, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2012 10:49 PM by Hughsie.)
(16-02-2012 10:30 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  1. Aaaah what? This means war, my young friend! Smile

1. I didn't mean you Aurora2020. You say interesting things and don't do my head in Smile, besides there'd be no point in giving you a mute button, everything you communicate to me is typed, if I didn't want to 'hear' you I'd have tie your fingers together or something Big Grin.

3. I mean something that will tell me when I'm not at my computer, and will decide whether I would find the post interesting or not. I'm back to my robot butler idea, I'd be sat in the other room watching my CSI boxset ('cos I'm cool like that) and my robo butler would come in and say;

'Tim, someone has replied to one of your posts'
'thank you robo butler, is it anything interesting'

and he'd say something like;

'it was posted by Aurora2020, I think it was a good post as hers usually are and I think you'll find it worthy of your time'
'fanatstic, I'll pause my DVD and go and read it now'

or;

'to be honest it was posted by Erxomai/FSM_scot and I think he's probably drunk if I'm honest, I wouldn't waste the time or energy necessary to get up if I were you'
'thanks for the info, I'll get back to my DVD'

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
16-02-2012, 11:04 PM

'it was posted by Aurora2020, I think it was a good post as hers usually are and I think you'll find it worthy of your time'

or;

'to be honest it was posted by Erxomai/FSM_scot and I think he's probably drunk if I'm honest, I wouldn't waste the time or energy necessary to get up if I were you'
[/quote]

Love it! Big Grin

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
17-02-2012, 01:37 AM
1. Thermal Gloves which allow the extreme fluctuation of temperature in region surrounding hands.

2. Hydro-sensitive Floatation Device which activates upon submergence in water.

3. Conversation Generator, a machine that obtains various possible answers, with predicted outcomes, in response to a question posed.

4. Photosynthetic Machines, using CO2 and H2O to provide O2 and food.

5. Safety System to be Used in Vehicles. Ensures that the driver is alert and healthy enough to drive through quick pre-driving tests. Monitors the driver's condition through various sensors.

6. Emotion Neutraliser, allows a person to enter a calm state from the person's previous emotions.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 1 user Likes robotworld's post
17-02-2012, 10:03 AM
(17-02-2012 01:37 AM)robotworld Wrote:  4. Photosynthetic Machines, using CO2 and H2O to provide O2 and food.

I have one of those! It's called a plant. Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like Ben's post
17-02-2012, 10:46 AM
- Protective, light and sheer suit so I can go walking in the woods (aka my backyard) without worrying about bears and cougars. I am sick of meeting them on the trails and backing away scared for my life. I don't even go unless I have friends over to come with.
17-02-2012, 11:48 AM
(16-02-2012 10:42 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(16-02-2012 10:30 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  1. Aaaah what? This means war, my young friend! Smile

1. I didn't mean you Aurora2020. You say interesting things and don't do my head in Smile, besides there'd be no point in giving you a mute button, everything you communicate to me is typed, if I didn't want to 'hear' you I'd have tie your fingers together or something Big Grin.

3. I mean something that will tell me when I'm not at my computer, and will decide whether I would find the post interesting or not. I'm back to my robot butler idea, I'd be sat in the other room watching my CSI boxset ('cos I'm cool like that) and my robo butler would come in and say;

or;

I would invent something that would keep me from drunk texting and drunk posting. Undecided

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
17-02-2012, 12:26 PM
(16-02-2012 09:43 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  3. Something that alerts me to any posts I would find interesting on TTA (which is most of them Smile).

You can sub and get email notifications on your phone.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain