Dreamy Inventions.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2012, 01:13 PM
RE: Dreamy Inventions.
Auto-composter. A compost tumbler that uses the heat generated by the composting process as energy to drive a motor that would mix and aerate the compost.

Super-duper-sun-tan-lounger. A lounger that follows the path of the sun to ensure an even tan. (I don't tan myself, but once I get this perfected, I suspect I will be a millionaire)

I've got prototypes for both. The compost tumbler is very close to being a working model (hope to have one running this summer for demo purposes) but the lounger is tough. So far my bro-in-law is working on a program that will track the sun to determine the best direction and inclination, but it's proven to be difficult. It's run by two small solar panels, and works for people up to 200 pounds. Need to figure out how to make it more powerful without making it too heavy or bulky.

I've got a few more, but they are top secret!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
17-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Thought recognition software
(cos I lose 3 trains of thought while I'm typing 1)
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
17-02-2012, 03:25 PM
I wish there was something to make vision perfect without the need of surgery, glasses or contacts. I have such bad eyes
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-02-2012, 03:55 PM
(17-02-2012 03:25 PM)Kaiden_2012 Wrote:  I wish there was something to make vision perfect without the need of surgery, glasses or contacts. I have such bad eyes

Stem Cell Research?
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
17-02-2012, 04:13 PM
A teleporter and power shield bed.

Every evening I would go to bed, select an awesome but quiet destination, teleport and sleep over there safely protected against the weather inside a power shield bubble.

Imagine falling comfortably asleep (or making love) in the silent middle of a desert under the stars, or in the snow at the north, atop K2... You name it.

As soon as you’re in your deep sleep, the device silently teleports you back to your bedroom.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
17-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Extra arms - robotic ones that you could strap on for jobs that require more than two hands, equip with grippers, lifters, manual or power tools, control by word or thought, and remove at bedtime, for comfortable rolling over.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
[+] 1 user Likes Peterkin's post
17-02-2012, 08:05 PM
(17-02-2012 03:55 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(17-02-2012 03:25 PM)Kaiden_2012 Wrote:  I wish there was something to make vision perfect without the need of surgery, glasses or contacts. I have such bad eyes

Stem Cell Research?

Perhaps that would do. I don't know a whole lot about that subject though.
18-02-2012, 02:00 AM
(17-02-2012 10:03 AM)Ben Wrote:  
(17-02-2012 01:37 AM)robotworld Wrote:  4. Photosynthetic Machines, using CO2 and H2O to provide O2 and food.

I have one of those! It's called a plant. Big Grin

I was thinking of a factory that produces food for consumption using sunlight and CO2 Big Grin

On a serious note, I'm worried that in the future, urbanisation will go out of control, damaging the environment. I really hope to have such machines in urban areas, where the ground is not suitable for planting any more, to serve as "plants" which
not only provide oxygen, but also possess air filtering properties.

A better solution is to of course, plant more trees and pollute less Smile

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
18-02-2012, 03:51 AM
(18-02-2012 02:00 AM)robotworld Wrote:  
(17-02-2012 10:03 AM)Ben Wrote:  
(17-02-2012 01:37 AM)robotworld Wrote:  4. Photosynthetic Machines, using CO2 and H2O to provide O2 and food.

I have one of those! It's called a plant. Big Grin

I was thinking of a factory that produces food for consumption using sunlight and CO2 Big Grin

On a serious note, I'm worried that in the future, urbanisation will go out of control, damaging the environment. I really hope to have such machines in urban areas, where the ground is not suitable for planting any more, to serve as "plants" which
not only provide oxygen, but also possess air filtering properties.

A better solution is to of course, plant more trees and pollute less Smile

I have one of those! It's called a farm. Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like mysticjbyrd's post
18-02-2012, 04:06 AM
A coffee maiderator. It would make me my coffee just the way I like it and bring it to me whenever my body demands it without me having to get up.
Healing tank. It would heal me when I go in it, of anything.
machine gun hands with endless ammunition. Cause that would be pretty cool.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post