Drich, Answers to my questions
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2014, 09:27 AM
Drich, Answers to my questions
Rules are:
  • I can only ask questions.
  • Drich can only try to answer them. He cannot ask questions.
  • Saying that you do not know is an acceptable answer. Saying that you are unable to answer is an acceptable answer.
  • If I don't feel that you have answered the question to my satisfaction then I will try to ask it again, albeit maybe in a different way.
  • I will try to be as concise and succinct as possible.

First question:

What is free will?
Find all posts by this user
21-02-2014, 09:40 AM
RE: Drich, Answers to my questions
(21-02-2014 09:27 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Rules are:
  • I can only ask questions.
  • Drich can only try to answer them. He cannot ask questions.
  • Saying that you do not know is an acceptable answer. Saying that you are unable to answer is an acceptable answer.
  • If I don't feel that you have answered the question to my satisfaction then I will try to ask it again, albeit maybe in a different way.
  • I will try to be as concise and succinct as possible.

First question:

What is free will?

Free will is never mentioned in the bible. The doctrine of Free will is based on an ancient greek Philosphy that say we are able to choose what ever course of action we wish. This however contradicts what the bible says. Jesus and Paul tell us many times we are Slaves to sin with only one real independant choice to make. That is to choose whether or not to accept redemption for the sins or to remain in them.

If we choose redemption we are still slaves to sin (Romans 7 the whole chapter) but we are free from the consenquences of sin, thus also freeing us from the Law. (which is why the OT rules no longer apply to NT Christians, unless we want them too.) Because according to Christ we are free to bind ourselves any way we wish.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
21-02-2014, 10:26 AM
How can a choice be "real and independent" ?
21-02-2014, 10:40 AM
(21-02-2014 10:26 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  How can a choice be "real and independent" ?

Real meaning not influenced. Independant meaning something one does on his own. This is the only link between the pop christian doctrine of 'Free Will' and the actual choice we have been given.. In essence we have 'free will' over this one desision.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
21-02-2014, 11:28 AM (This post was last modified: 21-02-2014 12:42 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
Drich can only be involved in two debates at a time in this section. I've sent him a PM and awaiting his reply. I'll leave this thread open for a while but it may be closed and reopened later.

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

21-02-2014, 12:11 PM
(21-02-2014 11:28 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Drich can only be involved in one debate at a time in this section. I've sent him a PM and awaiting his reply. I'll leave this thread open for a while but it may be closed and reopened later.

#1 - Anyone may start a thread in the boxing ring, however, no member shall be involved in more than two active threads at any one time.

by my count this is #2

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

21-02-2014, 12:24 PM (This post was last modified: 21-02-2014 01:14 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(21-02-2014 12:11 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 11:28 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Drich can only be involved in two debates at a time in this section. I've sent him a PM and awaiting his reply. I'll leave this thread open for a while but it may be closed and reopened later.

#1 - Anyone may start a thread in the boxing ring, however, no member shall be involved in more than two active threads at any one time.

by my count this is #2

Actually this is still your third.

The fondue pot thread is still open at Kestrel's request. I'm sorry I was unclear, I was posting without coffee (which for me should be against the law) I meant to say you can't have more than two threads open...I do apologize for the confusion.

21-02-2014, 12:27 PM
(21-02-2014 12:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 12:11 PM)Drich Wrote:  #1 - Anyone may start a thread in the boxing ring, however, no member shall be involved in more than two active threads at any one time.

by my count this is #2

Actually this is still your third.

The fondue pot thread is still open at Kestrel's request.

And I'm waiting my turn...

Religion is the frozen thought of man out of which they build temples.
~Jiddu Krishnamurti
21-02-2014, 12:41 PM
This debate is suspended until the one of the other debates officially end...I won't close this thread but I will be watching what happens.

21-02-2014, 12:52 PM
The DSL debate on what should be taught in schools is comming to an end as I have little else to say. Once we are concluded there then I plan to return here after that its first come first served.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

Thread Closed