Drich, Answers to my questions
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2014, 01:26 PM
RE: Drich, Answers to my questions
(07-03-2014 04:20 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Why did you have a choice after experiencing his nano-second of love but not after you 'A/S/Ked' and experienced his agape?

Love is a broad term, agape is a specific type of Love. I use the terms interchangably.

I do not understand your question.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
Find all posts by this user
07-03-2014, 04:56 PM
You chose to love God because you experienced a 'nano second of His love for us' (post 85)

In post 45 you say that you no longer had a choice about whether to love God after you 'A/S/Ked'.

Why did you have a choice to love God after experiencing a 'nano second of his love for us', but did not have choice whether to love God after you 'A/S/Ked' ?
07-03-2014, 08:13 PM
(07-03-2014 04:56 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  You chose to love God because you experienced a 'nano second of His love for us' (post 85)

In post 45 you say that you no longer had a choice about whether to love God after you 'A/S/Ked'.

Why did you have a choice to love God after experiencing a 'nano second of his love for us', but did not have choice whether to love God after you 'A/S/Ked' ?

The choice was to a/s/k after experiencing God's love I had no choice but to reciprocate. To seek out this love with all that I am.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
08-03-2014, 03:48 AM
Would it be fair to say that you do not know why you had a choice after experiencing a nano-second of his love but not after you 'A/S/Ked' ?

Maybe you are wrong and that you never had a choice.

How can you know that you still had a choice after experiencing God's love for a nano-second?
08-03-2014, 03:05 PM
(08-03-2014 03:48 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Would it be fair to say that you do not know why you had a choice after experiencing a nano-second of his love but not after you 'A/S/Ked' ?
As I explained I did not have a choice because I knew God to be real, the knowledge of God's Glory forced my heart to reveal itself. Thus intellectual aspect of choice/choosing was lost.Wink

Quote:Maybe you are wrong and that you never had a choice.
Only those who can not comprehend what God has offered do not have a choice, and therefore are reliant on the mercy of God's righteous judgement.

Quote:How can you know that you still had a choice after experiencing God's love for a nano-second?
I didn't. The choice was made when I decided to pursue God through my debates and confronting questions, coupled with my persistence to truth and not my own version of it.[/quote]

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

08-03-2014, 03:55 PM
You say in post 85 that you chose to love God because you experienced a 'nano second of His love for us'.

When I ask "How can you know that you still had a choice after experiencing God's love for a nano-second?" you reply that you didn't have a choice. But then you say you made a choice later when debating. You are not being consistent about when you had a choice and when you did not, so in order to clear it up:

Which of the following time-lines is correct?

Timeline 1:
  • You weren't a christian and had a choice
  • You then experienced a nano-second of love
  • You still had a choice
  • You A/S/Ked
  • You no longer had a choice

Timeline 2:
  • You A/S/Ked
  • You still no longer had a choice

Timeline 3:
  • You weren't a christian and did not have a choice because you could not comprehend what was on offer (previous post)
  • You still had a choice
  • You A/S/Ked

Timeline 4:
  • You weren't a christian and did not have a choice because you could not comprehend what was on offer (previous post)
  • You did not have a choice because you knew God to be real (previous post)
  • You A/S/Ked
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
09-03-2014, 10:27 AM
(08-03-2014 03:55 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  You say in post 85 that you chose to love God because you experienced a 'nano second of His love for us'.
yes I was.

Quote:When I ask "How can you know that you still had a choice after experiencing God's love for a nano-second?" you reply that you didn't have a choice. But then you say you made a choice later when debating. You are not being consistent about when you had a choice and when you did not, so in order to clear it up:
Your missing the key element that has already been discussed.

You assume the loss of choice will always result in the choice of God. Many here have chosen to to serve self rather than God. Some others (even former Christians) have made this choice after experiencing His love.

The loss of choice does not always yield the same result as your 'time lines depict.'

Quote:Which of the following time-lines is correct?

Timeline 1:
  • You still had a choice
  • You A/S/Ked

Timeline 2:
  • You A/S/Ked

Timeline 3:
  • You still had a choice
  • You A/S/Ked

Timeline 4:
  • You did not have a choice because you knew God to be real (previous post)
  • You A/S/Ked
Again none of the above are correct.

1) I was not a Christian
2) I a/s/k'ed through the beatings, torment, and challenges I made to the Christians I knew. As this was all I knew to do.
3) I experienced what God's glory/love means to us just for an nano second before I was expelled from His presents.
4) I accepted my fate as just and righteous.
5) I was given a second chance, and chose God because of the Glory I experienced.

In this I did not have a Choice because I wanted to get back to the state if Glory I experienced.

-here is the part your missing from the equation you used to compile your timeline.-

Not all would choose as I did. I lost my intellectual ability to reason and choose because my heart wanted something no matter what my personal philosophies dictated. If my heart for God was cold and hard I would have been forced to go the other way with my choice no matter what my intellect said about God.

When I say your lose your ability to choose when you experience God's Glory, it means knowledge of God is no longer a variable. so the condition of your heart forces a 'choice' despite what one may think.

Ever 'loved' someone you knew to be out of your reach? Did you stop loving them just because you were able to list reasons as to why you shouldn't?

Ever hate someone for some trivial reason? Even after you told yourself the reason you had were not proportionate for the level of anger or disgust you had for that person?[/quote]

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

10-03-2014, 04:59 PM
So if I establish a time line from all your posts I get:
  • You weren't a christian and did not have a choice because you could not comprehend what was on offer (post 95) but also had a choice because you hadn't yet a/s/k'ed (post 45)
  • You a/s/k'ed and still did not have a choice because you could not comprehend what was on offer (post 95)
  • You experienced a nano-second of God's love, gained the ability to make a choice and then chose to love him because of this nano-second of love (post 85)

Is this correct?

If not then were you wrong or inconsistent in the previous posts?

Is the decision making process when choosing to love God unique and unlike any other decision that you make?
11-03-2014, 02:32 PM
(10-03-2014 04:59 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  So if I establish a time line from all your posts I get:
  • You weren't a christian and did not have a choice because you could not comprehend what was on offer (post 95) but also had a choice because you hadn't yet a/s/k'ed (post 45)
  • You a/s/k'ed and still did not have a choice because you could not comprehend what was on offer (post 95)
  • You experienced a nano-second of God's love, gained the ability to make a choice and then chose to love him because of this nano-second of love (post 85)

Is this correct?

If not then were you wrong or inconsistent in the previous posts?

Is the decision making process when choosing to love God unique and unlike any other decision that you make?
It seems you misunderstand.. If i was allowed to ask a question i could pinpoint your misunderstanding. as it stands i will simply start with what I see.

Post 95 as it pertains to this discussion:
Quote:Only those who can not comprehend what God has offered do not have a choice, and therefore are reliant on the mercy of God's righteous judgement.

Meaning if one understands what God offers then their is no choice in whether or not one believes in God.

Because if you know an offer comes from God then one's choice (as to whether or not he believes in God) is now gone..

What is left is whether or not your with God or you Stand against Him.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

11-03-2014, 04:42 PM
I am really trying to establish a time-line here based on the information you give me but it is inconsistent.

Can you provide me with a time-line, similar to post 97 but without the nebulous waffle, specifying when you were a christian or otherwise, when you a/s/k'ed, when you experienced his nano-second of love and at each point whether or not you had a choice as to whether to become a christian?

I shall provide a template if this is too difficult for you.
  • You weren't a christian and you had / hadn't a choice to serve God
  • You a/s/k'ed and you had / hadn't a choice to serve God
  • You experienced a nano-second of his love and you had / hadn't a choice to serve God
  • You became a christian and you have / haven't a choice to serve God
Thread Closed