Drich, Answers to my questions
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2014, 06:31 AM
RE: Drich, Answers to my questions
How do you know that you are not wrong about what you think is a known absolute?
Find all posts by this user
19-03-2014, 07:34 AM
(19-03-2014 06:31 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  How do you know that you are not wrong about what you think is a known absolute?

Again, personal experience and "outside sources" work together to confirm absolutes.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
19-03-2014, 07:44 AM
Is there ever a reason to re-evaluate what you think that you know absolutely because of your personal experience, 'outside sources' and scrutiny?
19-03-2014, 08:35 AM
(19-03-2014 07:44 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Is there ever a reason to re-evaluate what you think that you know absolutely because of your personal experience, 'outside sources' and scrutiny?

Yes, new variables or a change in the conditions/parameters that define an absolute is reason to reexamine what is 'known.'

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
19-03-2014, 08:46 AM
How can you think that you know something absolutely if you also admit to the possibility that that you may need to re-evaluate what you know absolutely?

Doesn't this mean that there are no known absolutes?
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
19-03-2014, 11:21 AM
(19-03-2014 08:46 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  How can you think that you know something absolutely if you also admit to the possibility that that you may need to re-evaluate what you know absolutely?

Doesn't this mean that there are no known absolutes?

Just because one questions an absolute does not mean it changes. In fact the oppsite is true. Absolutes become absolutes because they do not change in face of ever changing circumstances and variables. In essence the fact that we can question something without it changing proves that absolutes do indeed exist.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

20-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Hello?

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

21-03-2014, 03:49 AM
Would it be fair to say that your method for deciding what to believe in is to scrutinize new personal experiences and evidence and see how it fits into what you already know?
21-03-2014, 06:32 AM
(21-03-2014 03:49 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Would it be fair to say that your method for deciding what to believe in is to scrutinize new personal experiences and evidence and see how it fits into what you already know?

more or less.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

23-03-2014, 09:53 AM
Are finished???

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

Thread Closed