Drich, Answers to my questions
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2014, 03:12 PM
RE: Drich, Answers to my questions
(23-03-2014 09:53 AM)Drich Wrote:  Are finished???

Absolutely not. Been busy.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
24-03-2014, 02:00 AM
Sorry, been distracted by the mafia game which required significantly more brain power than this thread.

For the sake of brevity let's call your method for deciding what to believe in, the Drich method. This method is to scrutinize new personal experiences and evidence and see how it fits into what you already know (post 139).

Is there a better method for determining truth?
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
24-03-2014, 07:18 AM
(24-03-2014 02:00 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Sorry, been distracted by the mafia game which required significantly more brain power than this thread.

For the sake of brevity let's call your method for deciding what to believe in, the Drich method. This method is to scrutinize new personal experiences and evidence and see how it fits into what you already know (post 139).

Is there a better method for determining truth?

-Or-
We could call this method of "deciding what to believe in" by it's formal name.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method

What was that about 'brain power again?'Consider

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
24-03-2014, 12:57 PM
Are you saying that you use the scientific method to determine truth?
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
24-03-2014, 02:27 PM
Formulation of a question: The question can refer to the explanation of a specific observation, as in:
Is there a God?

Hypothesis: An hypothesis is a conjecture, based on knowledge obtained while formulating the question, that may explain the observed behavior of a part of our universe.

Or in this case what we personally can observe of God/Personal experience. In such an instance we can use the bible as a guide line to better define or even to falsify our experience.

Prediction: This step involves determining the logical consequences of the hypothesis.
Prediction in this case would be if one A/S/Ks as outline in Luke 11 one would find God. Subsequently if one goes about it his own way he won't find anything.

Testing: This is an investigation of whether the real world behaves as predicted by the hypothesis.
This Testing of God and the other absolutes we have been discussing for a week now.

Analysis: This involves determining what the results of the experiment show and deciding on the next actions to take. The predictions of the hypothesis are compared to those of the null hypothesis, to determine which is better able to explain the data. In cases where an experiment is repeated many times..

Which again is what you've identified as 'my method.' I have absolutly no issue with testing and retesting what i consider to be absolutes.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
24-03-2014, 04:23 PM
On that wikipedia page you linked to, you missed out the end of the paragraph that you copied text from specifying what a hypothesis is:

Quote:A final point: a scientific hypothesis must be falsifiable, meaning that one can identify a possible outcome of an experiment that conflicts with predictions deduced from the hypothesis; otherwise, it cannot be meaningfully tested.

In your previous post you give your prediction deduced from your hypothesis:

"Prediction in this case would be if one A/S/Ks as outline in Luke 11 one would find God. Subsequently if one goes about it his own way he won't find anything."

How can your hypothesis that there is a god be falsifiable?
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
25-03-2014, 06:11 AM
(24-03-2014 04:23 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  On that wikipedia page you linked to, you missed out the end of the paragraph that you copied text from specifying what a hypothesis is:

Quote:A final point: a scientific hypothesis must be falsifiable, meaning that one can identify a possible outcome of an experiment that conflicts with predictions deduced from the hypothesis; otherwise, it cannot be meaningfully tested.

In your previous post you give your prediction deduced from your hypothesis:

"Prediction in this case would be if one A/S/Ks as outline in Luke 11 one would find God. Subsequently if one goes about it his own way he won't find anything."

How can your hypothesis that there is a god be falsifiable?

I've already pointed out that there is only ONE avenue to find God. The one that He Himself provides and supports. Your question is not valid in the sense that falsiablity is obtainiable outside the perscribed method that God has provided in His instructions.
As the Path to God are directions not an independant experiement. The Scientific method can be applied sucessfully to any known phenoma derived in a series of events or steps like the A/S/K God would have us go through. Chemistry is a good example of this. If I made a claim that I found a way to turn lead into gold, and provided a formula to do this, how would my claim be falsifiable? By simply following the formula I provided, and testing the results of my work. In this case falsefiablity comes in the form of ensuring that one follows the formula that is perscribed by God to yield a relationship with Him.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

25-03-2014, 06:41 AM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2014 07:16 AM by Mathilda.)
You say in post 145 "Prediction in this case would be if one A/S/Ks as outline in Luke 11 one would find God. Subsequently if one goes about it his own way he won't find anything."

Do you agree that this prediction is falsified if one goes about it in his own way not outlined in Luke 11 and finds God?
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
26-03-2014, 08:37 AM
(25-03-2014 06:41 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  You say in post 145 "Prediction in this case would be if one A/S/Ks as outline in Luke 11 one would find God. Subsequently if one goes about it his own way he won't find anything."

Do you agree that this prediction is falsified if one goes about it in his own way not outlined in Luke 11 and finds God?

Falsified no. Falsifiable yes.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

26-03-2014, 08:37 AM
(26-03-2014 08:37 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(25-03-2014 06:41 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  You say in post 145 "Prediction in this case would be if one A/S/Ks as outline in Luke 11 one would find God. Subsequently if one goes about it his own way he won't find anything."

Falsified no. Falsifiable yes.

..and shame on you for playing word games.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

Thread Closed