Drich, Answers to my questions
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2014, 08:41 AM
RE: Drich, Answers to my questions
I asked 'Do you agree that this prediction is falsified if one goes about it in his own way not outlined in Luke 11 and finds God?' and you replied

'Falsified no. Falsifiable yes.'

What do you mean?
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
26-03-2014, 10:21 AM
(26-03-2014 08:41 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I asked 'Do you agree that this prediction is falsified if one goes about it in his own way not outlined in Luke 11 and finds God?' and you replied

'Falsified no. Falsifiable yes.'

What do you mean?

Falsify/Falsified: transitive verb 1: to prove or declare false : disprove
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/falsify

Falsifiablity is a term used to describe the ablity to prove something false, but does not mean it automatically is.
http://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve/w...ility.html

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
26-03-2014, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2014 10:52 AM by Mathilda.)
You say in post 145 "Prediction in this case would be if one A/S/Ks as outline in Luke 11 one would find God. Subsequently if one goes about it his own way he won't find anything."

• You say your prediction is falsifiable in post 149 and in post 145 you predict that if someone goes about finding God in their own way they won't find anything. But you also say that this prediction is not falsified by someone finding God by means other than A/S/King. How come?
  • If someone A/S/K'ed and did not find God would your prediction be falsified?
  • How can your prediction be falsified?
27-03-2014, 07:35 AM
(26-03-2014 10:26 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  You say in post 145 "Prediction in this case would be if one A/S/Ks as outline in Luke 11 one would find God. Subsequently if one goes about it his own way he won't find anything."

• You say your prediction is falsifiable in post 149 and in post 145 you predict that if someone goes about finding God in their own way they won't find anything. But you also say that this prediction is not falsified by someone finding God by means other than A/S/King. How come?
  • If someone A/S/K'ed and did not find God would your prediction be falsified?
  • How can your prediction be falsified?

already answered in 147
"Chemistry is a good example of this. If I made a claim that I found a way to turn lead into gold, and provided a formula to do this, how would my claim be falsifiable? By simply following the formula I provided, and testing the results of my work. In this case falsefiablity comes in the form of ensuring that one follows the formula that is perscribed by God to yield a relationship with Him. "

If I made the previously mentioned claim and provided the formula to turn lead to gold, by what other means is their to test/falsify MY Claim?

Now same thing applies here. If God makes a claim, and then gives a formula then by what other means is their to test God's claim?

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
27-03-2014, 07:51 AM
You say in post 145 "Prediction in this case would be if one A/S/Ks as outline in Luke 11 one would find God. Subsequently if one goes about it his own way he won't find anything."

Using that wikipedia link you provided in post 143 which describes the need for falsification and explains what falsification is ...

Can you identify a possible outcome of an experiment that conflicts with your prediction above?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
27-03-2014, 08:44 PM
(27-03-2014 07:51 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  You say in post 145 "Prediction in this case would be if one A/S/Ks as outline in Luke 11 one would find God. Subsequently if one goes about it his own way he won't find anything."

Using that wikipedia link you provided in post 143 which describes the need for falsification and explains what falsification is ...

Can you identify a possible outcome of an experiment that conflicts with your prediction above?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method
What are you talking about?

The wiki link provided speaks to falisification to a general theory.

I have since identified A/S/K not as a general theory, but as a formula, then provided the only prescribed method to falsify a formula. But it appears than rather than speak to these facts, you regress your arguement to address the principles that address general theory... Again.

Is this how you need to/want to 'win' this arguement? This is the second time you have appealed to a dishonest tatic. First with word games playing with the definitions of falisified and falsification, and now with this red herring attempt to regress the conversation.

Maybe take a few days finish the level your playing on your mafia game and come back anew. Or just take a few days, and start a new/honest line of questions.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

28-03-2014, 03:33 AM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2014 04:57 AM by Mathilda.)
You say in post 156 that you have "provided the only prescribed method to falsify a formula". You say in post 154 and 147 by saying that you falsify a formula by following it and testing the results.

If you provided a formula to turn lead into gold and I followed it and did not get gold then the formula would be shown to be incorrect?

Do you agree that if someone correctly A/S/K'ed as outlined in Luke 11 and does not find God that it is evidence that your prediction above is incorrect?

Do you agree that if someone finds God using a 'formula' other than A/S/K'ing as outlined in Luke 11 that it is evidence that your prediction above is incorrect?
30-03-2014, 06:23 AM
(28-03-2014 03:33 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  You say in post 156 that you have "provided the only prescribed method to falsify a formula". You say in post 154 and 147 by saying that you falsify a formula by following it and testing the results.

If you provided a formula to turn lead into gold and I followed it and did not get gold then the formula would be shown to be incorrect?

Do you agree that if someone correctly A/S/K'ed as outlined in Luke 11 and does not find God that it is evidence that your prediction above is incorrect?

Do you agree that if someone finds God using a 'formula' other than A/S/K'ing as outlined in Luke 11 that it is evidence that your prediction above is incorrect?

Yes to the first two and no to the last. God has the option to bypass the a/s/k method if he wishes.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

30-03-2014, 06:27 AM
If "God has the option to bypass the a/s/k method if he wishes" then why did you predict in post 145 that "if one goes about it his own way he won't find anything" ?
30-03-2014, 08:33 AM
(30-03-2014 06:27 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  If "God has the option to bypass the a/s/k method if he wishes" then why did you predict in post 145 that "if one goes about it his own way he won't find anything" ?

Because we are not God.

Again God gets to bypass what He wants as that is the nature of God.

As for us God only gave us one avenue/formula to find Him, that is in a/s/k as outline in luke 11.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

Thread Closed