Drich, Answers to my questions
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2014, 09:21 AM
RE: Drich, Answers to my questions
How does one determine using the Drich method if they have made a choice to believe in God because they have followed their own way or because God has bypassed the a/s/k 'formula' as outlined in Luke 11?
Find all posts by this user
30-03-2014, 08:19 PM
(30-03-2014 09:21 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  How does one determine using the Drich method if they have made a choice to believe in God because they have followed their own way or because God has bypassed the a/s/k 'formula' as outlined in Luke 11?

I'm not familiar witch 'Drich's' method, could you explain?

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
31-03-2014, 03:09 AM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2014 03:13 AM by Mathilda.)
Post 142 where I refer to it as the Drich method:

(24-03-2014 02:00 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  For the sake of brevity let's call your method for deciding what to believe in, the Drich method. This method is to scrutinize new personal experiences and evidence and see how it fits into what you already know (post 139).

Post 139 where you confirm this:

(21-03-2014 06:32 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 03:49 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Would it be fair to say that your method for deciding what to believe in is to scrutinize new personal experiences and evidence and see how it fits into what you already know?

more or less.

How does one determine using the Drich method if they have made a choice to believe in God because they have followed their own way or because God has bypassed the a/s/k 'formula' as outlined in Luke 11?
31-03-2014, 07:06 AM
(31-03-2014 03:09 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Post 142 where I refer to it as the Drich method:

(24-03-2014 02:00 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  For the sake of brevity let's call your method for deciding what to believe in, the Drich method. This method is to scrutinize new personal experiences and evidence and see how it fits into what you already know (post 139).

Post 139 where you confirm this:

(21-03-2014 06:32 AM)Drich Wrote:  more or less.

I do not claim to know of an example of God 'forcing belief/acknoweledgement' outside the bible. There are several OT examples of God forcing an unbelieving King or person to acknoweledge Him, and only one NT Example where upon Christ returns, and it is said that every knee will bow and every toungue will confess.

I would assume if God spoke to you, you'd know.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
31-03-2014, 07:35 AM
In your own thread about your conversion you state:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...conversion

From post 1

(06-02-2014 09:18 AM)Drich Wrote:  Then I started with the taunts and challenges to God because I knew if He existed He couldn't be all that He was cracked up to be if He was sending spirits/ghosts to a lake of fire.

From post 33

(06-02-2014 10:47 AM)Drich Wrote:  Then slowly started to test my anti theism, got no response went into all out rebellion, still nothing then started to taunt God. In in a sense was A/S/K-ing in reverse.

In post 145 of this thread you state "Prediction in this case would be if one A/S/Ks as outline in Luke 11 one would find God. Subsequently if one goes about it his own way he won't find anything".

In post 164 you say that you "do not claim to know of an example of God 'forcing belief/acknoweledgement' outside the bible"

Considering that you did not A/S/K yourself as outlined in Luke 11 and know of no example of God "forcing belief/acknoweledgement' outside the bible" and say yourself that if one goes about it his own way he won't find anything, what makes you think that you have found God?
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
02-04-2014, 05:25 AM
(31-03-2014 07:35 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  In your own thread about your conversion you state:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...conversion

From post 1

(06-02-2014 09:18 AM)Drich Wrote:  Then I started with the taunts and challenges to God because I knew if He existed He couldn't be all that He was cracked up to be if He was sending spirits/ghosts to a lake of fire.

From post 33

(06-02-2014 10:47 AM)Drich Wrote:  Then slowly started to test my anti theism, got no response went into all out rebellion, still nothing then started to taunt God. In in a sense was A/S/K-ing in reverse.

In post 145 of this thread you state "Prediction in this case would be if one A/S/Ks as outline in Luke 11 one would find God. Subsequently if one goes about it his own way he won't find anything".

In post 164 you say that you "do not claim to know of an example of God 'forcing belief/acknoweledgement' outside the bible"

Considering that you did not A/S/K yourself as outlined in Luke 11 and know of no example of God "forcing belief/acknoweledgement' outside the bible" and say yourself that if one goes about it his own way he won't find anything, what makes you think that you have found God?

I believe if you keep reading post number one you will see that I draw a parallel between how Saul/Paul a/s/Ked and how I did.

If you missed it, we are to a/s/k as outlined in luke 11. This formula would have the a/s/K'er reach out to God with all that he is and continue asking seeking and knocking until he finds what he is looking for.

How one goes about this is not specified. Saul hunted down and killed Christians seeking God/God's will. Then He was given direction by God that would have him change his whole life, and Paul followed those directions.

Again I followed a similar path. I like Paul was faithful to my understanding of God and followed through with change when I was told to do so.

In your best estimation how is that NOT asking?

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

02-04-2014, 06:15 AM
You say in post 166

(02-04-2014 05:25 AM)Drich Wrote:  This formula would have the a/s/K'er reach out to God with all that he is and continue asking seeking and knocking until he finds what he is looking for.

How one goes about this is not specified.

Google "definition:formula" and the result is "a method or procedure for achieving something".

How can a/s/k'ing as outlined in Luke 11 be a formula when it does not specify how to go about finding God?
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
02-04-2014, 10:40 PM
(02-04-2014 06:15 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  You say in post 166

(02-04-2014 05:25 AM)Drich Wrote:  This formula would have the a/s/K'er reach out to God with all that he is and continue asking seeking and knocking until he finds what he is looking for.

How one goes about this is not specified.

Google "definition:formula" and the result is "a method or procedure for achieving something".

How can a/s/k'ing as outlined in Luke 11 be a formula when it does not specify how to go about finding God?

The specifics are paralleled in the parable. We ask like the persistent neighbor did, but in prayer. We seek the Holy Spirit like the persistent neighbor did for food for his guests. (With urgency and persistence not taking no for an answer) we knock by repeating this process till we Get a measure of the Holy Spirit.

That fits the defination perfectly. The Goal is the Holy Spirit. The method is to Ask in prayer, to seek with urgency in the bible, church and conversations like this one, and to knock is to repeat this process till you receive a measure of the Spirit.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

03-04-2014, 12:23 PM
You say in post 168 that the process of a/s/k'ing as outlined in Luke 11 is:
  • ask like the persistent neighbor did, but in prayer
  • seek the Holy Spirit like the persistent neighbor did for food for his guests. (With urgency and persistence not taking no for an answer)
  • knock by repeating this process till we Get a measure of the Holy Spirit.

Which part of a/s/k'ing is hunting down and killing christians? (post 166)

In your conversion thread you state:

(06-02-2014 08:56 PM)Drich Wrote:  Then instead of knocking I kick at the door of God by bullying Christians who were stupid enough to bring their bibles to school.

Is merely bullying christians the seeking part of a/s/k'ing?

Why would someone first ask in prayer and then seek and knock by hunting down, killing and bullying christians?
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
04-04-2014, 11:28 AM
(03-04-2014 12:23 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  You say in post 168 that the process of a/s/k'ing as outlined in Luke 11 is:
  • ask like the persistent neighbor did, but in prayer
  • seek the Holy Spirit like the persistent neighbor did for food for his guests. (With urgency and persistence not taking no for an answer)
  • knock by repeating this process till we Get a measure of the Holy Spirit.

Which part of a/s/k'ing is hunting down and killing christians? (post 166)

In your conversion thread you state:

(06-02-2014 08:56 PM)Drich Wrote:  Then instead of knocking I kick at the door of God by bullying Christians who were stupid enough to bring their bibles to school.

Is merely bullying christians the seeking part of a/s/k'ing?

Why would someone first ask in prayer and then seek and knock by hunting down, killing and bullying christians?

For Paul killing Christians was seeking and preserving what was known to him to be God's will. He was corrected.

For me beating up and bulling Christians was my way of honoring and seeking God with in the limits of what I knew at the time.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

Thread Closed