Drich, Answers to my questions
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2014, 11:37 AM
RE: Drich, Answers to my questions
(04-04-2014 11:28 AM)Drich Wrote:  For Paul killing Christians was seeking and preserving what was known to him to be God's will. He was corrected.

For me beating up and bulling Christians was my way of honoring and seeking God with in the limits of what I knew at the time.

Did both you and Paul a/s/k in your own individual way?

How does beating up and bullying christians honour God?

Why were you honouring God if you did not believe in him?
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
04-04-2014, 11:00 PM
(04-04-2014 11:37 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(04-04-2014 11:28 AM)Drich Wrote:  For Paul killing Christians was seeking and preserving what was known to him to be God's will. He was corrected.

For me beating up and bulling Christians was my way of honoring and seeking God with in the limits of what I knew at the time.

How does beating up and bullying christians honour God?

Why were you honouring God if you did not believe in him?

Because in mat 25 Jesus tell the parable of the talents. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?sea...ersion=ESV
This parable tell us we are not all give over to the same exposure or same understanding of God. But, if we are faithful to what we have been given we will be given more.

I did not know anything of God but was faithful to what I had. So God saw fit to give me more, to which I was faithful and was given even more, and so on.

That is why I do not see atheism as a all bad thing. Most of the time it is an answer to a prayer. The only question is the converted atheist going to honor the gift of atheism given or will they use it to serve their own self interest?

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
05-04-2014, 03:41 AM

Are you saying that we honour God by searching for truth?
07-04-2014, 05:18 AM
(05-04-2014 03:41 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Did both you and Paul a/s/k in your own individual way?

Are you saying that we honour God by searching for truth?

Using God's formula we A/S/K'ed using all the "talents" He gave us.

Again we are only called to be faithful to what we have been given.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
07-04-2014, 05:55 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2014 06:06 AM by Mathilda.)
In post 174 in response to the question of whether you are saying that we honour God by searching for truth you answer "Using God's formula we A/S/K'ed using all the "talents" He gave us."

In post 172 you say 'if we are faithful to what we have been given we will be given more'.

You also say in post 172 "The only question is the converted atheist going to honor the gift of atheism given or will they use it to serve their own self interest?"

Why did God give us the gift of not holding a belief in him?

How can you be faithful when you do not have a belief?

How can not having a belief in God be used to serve your own self interest? What alternative of honouring 'the gift of atheism' are you referring to?

Also

07-04-2014, 07:00 AM
(07-04-2014 05:55 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Why did God give us the gift of not holding a belief in him?
None are given the gift of belief from birth. We are not born into salvation. The gift of disbelief is largly depandent on the reason why we disbelieve. For example: Many would say for the lack of evidence, but when you ask those same people What evidence would it take for them to believe without doubt, they can not answer as the call for evidence is an excuse and not an actual factor for their disbelief.
-But-
For those who are truly looking for evidence and are willing to accept it when it is presented they will find God. (Whether or not the Love and serve the God they find is another story.)

Quote:How can you be faithful when you do not have a belief?
"Faithful" Means to honor or to use what is given in this context. Like being faithful to one's wedding vows.

Quote:How can not having a belief in God be used to serve your own self interest?
No God= No accountablity= living a life how you or the soceity you live in see fit.

Quote:What alternative of honouring 'the gift of atheism' are you referring to?
If I remember correctly you were a christian at some point in your life...

Quote:Are you familiar with the story of the wise and foolish builders?
The wise man built his house upon the Rock, and the foolish man built his house upon the sand. When the rains came the foolish man's house when down because he had no foundation.

The house we build is our religious expression/religion. The Rock is a relationship with Christ. The sand is the religion itself. This means that two men could build the exact same house identical everything/they could work in the same church do exactly the same things. and one man's faith falls flat when the storms of life hit it and the other man stand firm.

When you A/S (not knock) as an answer to your request God sent the rains to take away the house you built. Why? Because if God started His interaction with you at that point you would simply start making additions on your existing house/push deeper into your religion. This is not what God wants from us. Look at all the negitive stuff Jesus said about the pharisees. They were the MOST religious a man could be. Aside for calling them hipocrits and fools all of the time. He said that a man's 'righteousness' must exceed the righteousness of the pharisees.. How could a man's righteousness exceed the most righteous the most religious a man could be? That is through a direct relationship with God.

So by sending the rain God took away the house you were building, and at this point if you had continued to ask you would be able to build a house on the Rock of Christ himself with the assistance of the Holy Spirit.

But, again because you stopped knocking you did not follow the outline in luke 11 and therefore did not complete the task God has asked of you. and if your not willing to complete what God asks then why should God do anything more for you?

The above came out a post I made a while back to someone on this site. But, basically To honor one's atheism is to take it's primary goal seriously. To seek knoweledge and understanding about the world we live in. To tear down the house of empty religious practices and to build a life that is reflected in truth, knoweledge and clarity. As the bible teaches All of Creation points to God. If we are faithful to what God has given us (Which includes the oppertunity to A/S/K for a measure of the Holy Spirit) we will eventually come full circle in our own understanding and personal knowledge of Him.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

07-04-2014, 07:44 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2014 08:43 AM by Mathilda.)
You say in post 176

"To honor one's atheism is to take it's primary goal seriously. To seek knoweledge and understanding about the world we live in."

Why do you say that an absence of belief in something has a primary goal?

Did both you and Paul a/s/k in your own individual way? (4)
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
07-04-2014, 09:38 PM
(07-04-2014 07:44 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  You say in post 176

"To honor one's atheism is to take it's primary goal seriously. To seek knoweledge and understanding about the world we live in."

Why do you say that an absence of belief in something has a primary goal?
if there are no goals then what is the purpose of this forum or even this discussion?

Quote:Did both you and Paul a/s/k in your own individual way? (4)
Asked and answered (4xs)

Are you have difficulty understanding the answers given, or is your 4th time asking this question an attempt to set yourself up an opportunity to 'beg a question?'

Again we both asked sought and knocked with all that was known to us at the time of our disbelief. Which again is all that is required. You are putting a presupposition on the idea of what it is to A/S/K that is not biblically supported. (You seem to belief to A/S/K has to be done a certain way, when in fact our only call is to A/S/K with all we have been given.)

It is not how that we A/S/K that is important it is the fact that we do as commanded and are faithful to the results.

That is why your question fails to encapsulate the idea the Paul and I 'A/S/K'ed in our own way[/quote] apart from how we have been commanded. Just in case you missed it the (5th) time. If we A/S/K as outlined by Luke 11 we are doing God's way even if our actions are independent of one another.
08-04-2014, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2014 09:05 AM by Mathilda.)
You say in post 178 "It is not how that we A/S/K that is important it is the fact that we do as commanded and are faithful to the results".

Did God command you to bully christians and for Paul to hunt down and kill them and in so doing you followed God's 'formula' for A/S/K'ing using all the "talents" that he gave you? (post 174)

Considering that a formula is a specific set of steps for achieving a desired result (e.g. like turning lead into gold, unlike a/s/k'ing which does not specify how to do it - post 178), how do you know that you are not using Luke 11 to justify believing what you want to believe and to excuse bullying people you now identify with?
08-04-2014, 09:19 PM
(08-04-2014 08:59 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  You say in post 178 "It is not how that we A/S/K that is important it is the fact that we do as commanded and are faithful to the results".

Did God command you to bully christians and for Paul to hunt down and kill them and in so doing you followed God's 'formula' for A/S/K'ing using all the "talents" that he gave you? (post 174)
yes.

God commanded us to be faithful to what we were given. For Paul a Pharisee who only knew OT law it meant hunting Down and Killing Christians, for me who only knew the hypocrisy of tv preachers, and those who brought their bibles to school, and could only repeat Christian platitudes it meant to bully and beat up Christians.

That is Until we were given a greater understanding. Then our charge was to honor that greater understanding. Something both of us did. We left our old lives and honored what was revealed. The more we honored the more that was given.

Quote:Considering that a formula is a specific set of steps for achieving a desired result (e.g. like turning lead into gold, unlike a/s/k'ing which does not specify how to do it - post 178), how do you know that you are not using Luke 11 to justify believing what you want to believe and to excuse bullying people you now identify with?
I would say to Ask seek and knock as outlined in luke 11 and honor all that we are/have been given as in the parable of the talents, is a very specific formula.

What makes you believe I have excused myself for bulling anyone? Did Paul excuse Himself for hunting down and killing Christians? No, but at the same time he did not persecute himself for it either. He sought forgiveness from God and turned his life over to the service of his brothers. To a much lessor degree I myself have given myself to service the faith as well. Why else do you think I seek to answer questions in a place that Can focus much anger and hate toward one who provides them?

As far as worshiping Christ how one personally sees fit, is at the core of biblical Christianity. Which is what separates it from every other expression of the faith.

Our greatest command is to love our Lord God with all of our being (heart, mind, spirit and strength) Now because we are all a little different that expression of love will manifest itself differently. In order to Love God as the Greatest Command tells us we must have the freedom to bind ourselves with the Law or free ourselves from it each according to his own understanding of God.[/quote]

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

Thread Closed