Drich, Answers to my questions
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2014, 04:52 AM
RE: Drich, Answers to my questions
Why did God command you to bully christians and for Paul to hunt down and kill them?
Find all posts by this user
09-04-2014, 07:09 AM
(09-04-2014 04:52 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Why did God command you to bully christians and for Paul to hunt down and kill them?

Because that is all we knew to do.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
09-04-2014, 07:23 AM
Why did God have to command you to bully christians and for Paul to hunt down and kill them if that's all you knew to do? What were you likely to do instead?
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
09-04-2014, 12:13 PM
(09-04-2014 07:23 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Why did God have to command you to bully christians and for Paul to hunt down and kill them if that's all you knew to do? What were you likely to do instead?

Because in the parable of the talents (Mat 25:14-30) We are only responsiable for what god has given us.

For Paul it was the knoweledge of God through the Mosaic law which demanded that He stoned/killed blasphmous people. Someone who left judaism claiming to be following the son of God would be a blasphemer. Therefore being faithful to what he knew of God, He was required to kill the 'blasphemers.'

-Until-

God gave Him a new understanding. Then He was responsiable for that understanding.

Same for me on a smaller scale. I knew nothing of God outside of what a TV preacher and the christian parrots at my high school had to say. I challenged them and what they knew, when their explainations fell short I tormented them for their ignorance.
Until, (like Paul) God gave me a nudge in a different direction. Then I honored and followed that new path.

What could I have done differently? Nothing. Because that is all I knew. That however does not mean you or anyone else can do anything differently. Again we are to simply do the best we can with what we have been given.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
09-04-2014, 12:33 PM
If God did not command you to bully christians and for Paul to hunt down and kill them would you and Paul have done something else instead?
10-04-2014, 02:04 PM
(09-04-2014 12:33 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  If God did not command you to bully christians and for Paul to hunt down and kill them would you and Paul have done something else instead?

What else could I have done? That is all I knew to do.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

10-04-2014, 02:06 PM
(10-04-2014 02:04 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 12:33 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  If God did not command you to bully christians and for Paul to hunt down and kill them would you and Paul have done something else instead?

What else could I have done? That is all I knew to do.

So why did God command you to bully christians when you were going to do it anyway?
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
12-04-2014, 08:38 AM
It's not the command to do so that set me and others like me apart, it was the command/direction that corrected our understanding of Christianity, and our honoring that revelation that made us different.

I agree that there are many who persecute. look at all the members websites like this draw. It's the person who is given even the slightest reason to doubt their disbelief, and does so that God honors with a greater understanding.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

12-04-2014, 09:12 AM
How does that answer my question?
14-04-2014, 06:53 AM
(12-04-2014 09:12 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  How does that answer my question?

Your question was phrased in a logical fallacy (Begs the question) You ask a question, receive an answer that you do not like ,or an answer that takes the conversation in a direction you do not want it to go. so you rephrase the question using the fore mentioned logical fallacy. Meaning you 'ask' "a question that assumes the initial point you asked about."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begging_the_question

The answer I gave directly refuted your 'inital point.' I am sorry for the confusion, I simply assumed you begging the question here, (and as many times as you have in this thread) was a caculated move on your part, so I simply skipped calling out your logical fallacy and went straight to the correction.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

Thread Closed