21-02-2014, 02:50 PM
RE: Drich, Answers to my questions
You're both free to resume.

Enjoy!

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

Find all posts by this user
21-02-2014, 06:50 PM
Marco?

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
21-02-2014, 07:06 PM
So a real choice is one that is not influenced by ... what?
21-02-2014, 09:54 PM
(21-02-2014 07:06 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  So a real choice is one that is not influenced by ... what?

The known Glory of God.

Meaning God hides Himself so we make can make a choice based off what we want for ourselves.

God's Glory is like knowing someone is a bazillionare. Most would treat a bizillionare differently than if you were to say meet him on line in a format like this. Here we are all the same and judgement is made based on what people think and write. Which would be completely different if a person was well known and known by their money first.

God wants you to choose eternity with Him, but not because you want what He can do for you, but because you spent this life trying to bridge that gap.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
22-02-2014, 02:52 AM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2014 06:01 AM by Mathilda.)
If I was to choose a prawn mayonnaise sandwich over a cheese, ham and mustard sandwich then would that be a real choice because I do not know God?
22-02-2014, 09:41 AM
(22-02-2014 02:52 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  If I was to choose a prawn mayonnaise sandwich over a cheese, ham and mustard sandwich then would that be a real choice because I do not know God?

When a slave choses to A over B, it does not mean he is no longer a slave. The choices given to slaves can be an illusion of free will if one believes the choices presented are indeed his own.

So with that in mind and to directly answer your question, the answer is no. it is not a real choice because there are other items on this planet to eat. (God is not a factor at all.) The number of choices does not make a discission real or not. It is your ablity to choose from all avaiable options. The question of where you wish to spend eternity is a true choice because you have the ablity to choose of ALL the options there are, with no outside influence. God is only an outside influence in this specific situation because we are designed to want to be apart of God's love/Glory. To feel it or experience it will over ride any personal feelings you may have about God. Therefore your choice will not be your own.

Your sandwich dilima is not a true choice because there are other options/sandwiches to choose from, but your choices are limited by what you have avaiable to you. So you make a choice based on what you have been limited or what influences you, and not by all the options avaiable.

In this instance knowing God (persumably) will not have any known impact on what you will eat. (Per the food choices of the disciples.)

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

22-02-2014, 09:44 AM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2014 09:47 AM by DLJ.)
(21-02-2014 12:52 PM)Drich Wrote:  The DSL debate on what should be taught in schools is comming to an end as I have little else to say. Once we are concluded there then I plan to return here after that its first come first served.

Dude, we've hardly started. I have been waiting patiently for your response.

Are you admitting defeat? If so, please say so publicly in that thread. Thanks.

Smartass

22-02-2014, 06:08 PM
You say that a real choice is one where we have absolutely all the options available to us (post 16).

How can we make a real choice if we are not all-knowing so that we know what options there are, all present so that all the options are available and all-powerful so that we have the ability to take those options?
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
22-02-2014, 06:39 PM
(22-02-2014 06:08 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  You say that a real choice is one where we have absolutely all the options available to us (post 16).
How can we make a real choice if we are not all-knowing so that we know what options there are, all present so that all the options are available and all-powerful so that we have the ability to take those options?

this one is new..

I guess it goes back to what I said earlier about the illusion of free will you had when deciding which sambich to eat. you thought you had true choice, but your options were indeed limited by what you had available to you. You had not even considered that their were more options, and you limitied yourself to two.

On the Other hand When God offers us this true choice He is indeed all knowing, and had his son die to provide us with all the options available to us.

In essence we know we have all the options, because Christ had to died to provide us an alternative to Hell.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

22-02-2014, 07:09 PM
So when you say that God "had his son die to provide us with all the options available to us" you are saying this gave us the option of choosing Judaism, Jedi-ism, Scientology, Mormonism, Islam and all the other religions as well as Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato sandwiches?
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
Thread Closed