Drich, Answers to my questions
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2014, 08:56 AM
RE: Drich, Answers to my questions
(Just for your information, that wikipedia page you linked to says begging the question means "assuming the conclusion (of an argument)" and not repeatedly asking a question. I only rephrase and repeat the same question when I feel that I haven't received an answer. But just in case you genuinely do think that I am begging the question in terms of how the wikipedia page uses it)

In post 178 you say:

(07-04-2014 09:38 PM)Drich Wrote:  It is not how that we A/S/K that is important it is the fact that we do as commanded and are faithful to the results.

In post 179 I asked

"Did God command you to bully christians and for Paul to hunt down and kill them..?"

And you replied "yes" in post 180

In post 186 (and also 184) you say:

(10-04-2014 02:04 PM)Drich Wrote:  What else could I have done? That is all I knew to do.

I'll rephrase the question to avoid you replying that you don't know God's will:

Why do you think that God commanded you to bully christians when you were going to do it anyway?

Also while we're at it:

What makes you think that God did actually command you to bully christians?
Find all posts by this user
15-04-2014, 06:33 AM
(14-04-2014 08:56 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I'll rephrase the question to avoid you replying that you don't know God's will:

Why do you think that God commanded you to bully christians when you were going to do it anyway?

Also while we're at it:

What makes you think that God did actually command you to bully christians?

As i have said maybe 10 times now. We have been only commanded to be responsiable to what we know. I knew only to bully, Paul only knew to kill Christians until we were shown differently. Once we were show differently we followed that new revelation rather than our old way of thinking.

I've answer this question the same way many many times. I do not understand your difficulty applying what I've said here. So i will break it down to it's simplest form not as a way of mocking you but because I simply do not understand where all your confusion lies.

God's only command for us is to Honor and follow Him with all we know to do. In essence we are to Ask and Seek any way we know how. This is the command we have been given. Even if that means beating and/or destroying other lives. Until God shows us differently. Then we are charged to follow His new direction. If we continue do what we want instead of what God has redirected us to do, then He will be lost to us in this life and we will be lost to Him in the Next.\

Are you still confused? If so do not simply repeat the same question over and over. You may think your 'winning' the conversation because your not getting the answer your looking for, but in truth the question you asked has been answered completely. You are simply not able to process the answer. Maybe ask how God's command for us to do what we knew to do full filled what He wanted us to do. or what do I mean by "X". Repeating the same question over and over and over and over again to only get the same answers means your lost in the conversation. I do not know how to find you using your rules of not asking you questions in return.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
15-04-2014, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2014 11:58 AM by Mathilda.)
In post 192 you say

(15-04-2014 06:33 AM)Drich Wrote:  God's only command for us is to Honor and follow Him with all we know to do. In essence we are to Ask and Seek any way we know how. This is the command we have been given. Even if that means beating and/or destroying other lives.

Updating the time-line you confirmed in post 108 we get:

1) Before a/s/k'ing, you had a choice about believing in God and between serving God and walking away.

1a) You were commanded by God to bully christians in order to a/s (but not K as specified in post 92 of your conversion thread) as outlined (but not specified, post 178) in Luke 11, even though you do not know why God commanded you to do it this way or have yet given any reason to believe that he did command you. You also were going to do bully christians anyway because that's all you knew to do.

1b) You then knocked.

2) After a/s/k'ing but before experiencing a nano-second of his love, you had a choice about believing in God and between serving God and walking away.

3) After experiencing a nano-second of his love you did not a choice about believing in God. You followed your heart.

4) You do not know if he had a choice to serve God or simply obeyed the call. You lost your choice between serving God and walking away.

Is this timeline still correct?

If not how does God's command to bully christians fit into it?
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
16-04-2014, 06:25 AM
(15-04-2014 11:36 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Updating the time-line you confirmed in post 108 we get:

1) Before a/s/k'ing, you had a choice about believing in God and between serving God and walking away.
A/S/King yeild proof of God, in the way of the Holy Spirit.
One can not serve what one does not first know to exist.

Quote:1a) You were commanded by God to bully christians in order to a/s (but not K as specified in post 92 of your conversion thread)
No.
My bullying was the fullfillment of the A/S/K process in it's entiriety.
My knocking at that time was manifest in the persistance of my bullying.

Quote:as outlined (but not specified, post 178) in Luke 11, even though you do not know why God commanded you to do it this way or have yet given any reason to believe that he did command you.
Not true. You do not seem to grasp the very basic and fundemental principle that God only asks of us in accordance to what He has given us even though we went through the parable of the talents that Christ gave to set forth this principle.
I bullied Christians because again that was all God gave me to work with, so I used intelect to break down their arguements, and strength to beat them when they could no longer keep up with my questions.

That was all God Gave me to A/S/K with as I did not grow up in a church, so I used it until God redirected me.

Quote: You also were going to do bully christians anyway because that's all you knew to do.
indeed

Quote:1b) You then knocked.
again no, My persistance and contentment in bullying Christians was my knocking.

Quote:2) After a/s/k'ing but before experiencing a nano-second of his love, you had a choice about believing in God and between serving God and walking away.

3) After experiencing a nano-second of his love you did not a choice about believing in God. You followed your heart.
more or less
Quote:4) You do not know if he had a choice to serve God or simply obeyed the call. You lost your choice between serving God and walking away.
He who?

Quote:Is this timeline still correct?

If not how does God's command to bully christians fit into it?

Again for me because it was all God gave me to work with, therefore it was all I knew to do. Which resulted in compliance with the principle established by Christ in the parable of the talents.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?sea...ersion=ESV

Which God increased my knoweledge I inturn was faithful to what I was given

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
16-04-2014, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2014 10:22 AM by Mathilda.)
I extracted this timeline of your conversion from post 108 where you agreed to it. This is page 11 and I shall provide a link to it here to remind you of what you previously said

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid519859

Is the following timeline still correct or have you changed your mind?

Quote:1) Before a/s/k'ing, you had a choice about believing in God and between serving God and walking away.

2) After a/s/k'ing but before experiencing a nano-second of his love, you had a choice about believing in God and between serving God and walking away.

4) You do not know if you had a choice to serve God or simply obeyed the call. You lost your choice between serving God and walking away.

Why do you say in post 108 that you had a choice about serving God in stage 1 and in post 194 you say that you didn't?
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
16-04-2014, 03:42 PM
(16-04-2014 10:19 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I extracted this timeline of your conversion from post 108 where you agreed to it. This is page 11 and I shall provide a link to it here to remind you of what you previously said

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid519859

Is the following timeline still correct or have you changed your mind?

Quote:1) Before a/s/k'ing, you had a choice about believing in God and between serving God and walking away.

4) You do not know if you had a choice to serve God or simply obeyed the call. You lost your choice between serving God and walking away.

Why do you say in post 108 that you had a choice about serving God in stage 1 and in post 194 you say that you didn't?

Maybe you can provide a link or highlight where in post 194 you see a discrepancy with post 108. I don't see it.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

16-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Post 108

(15-03-2014 09:57 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 07:50 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Did you have a choice between serving God and walking away?
yes

Post 194

(16-04-2014 06:25 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(15-04-2014 11:36 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  1) Before a/s/k'ing, you had a choice about believing in God and between serving God and walking away.

17-04-2014, 06:53 AM
(16-04-2014 03:53 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Post 108

(15-03-2014 09:57 PM)Drich Wrote:  yes

Post 194

(16-04-2014 06:25 AM)Drich Wrote:  A/S/King yeild proof of God, in the way of the Holy Spirit.

One of is confused, can you in detail explain the contradiction you think you see here.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

17-04-2014, 07:14 AM
(16-04-2014 06:25 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(15-04-2014 11:36 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  1) Before a/s/k'ing, you had a choice about believing in God and between serving God and walking away.

Correct me if I am wrong but what you are saying here is that you cannot have a choice about serving God before a/s/k'ing because you do not have "proof of God" and you cannot "serve what one does not first know to exist".

In short, is your answer to the question

"Before a/s/k'ing ... did you have a choice between serving God and walking away?"

... currently NO?
18-04-2014, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2014 01:53 PM by Drich.)
(17-04-2014 07:14 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(16-04-2014 06:25 AM)Drich Wrote:  A/S/King yeild proof of God, in the way of the Holy Spirit.

Correct me if I am wrong

The correction:
The explainations you quoted in my past/older posts were of my personal experience.
You are comparing my personal experience with a general statment or proverb.

Proverbs or sayings are not law, they are not intended to reflect everyone's experience.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

Thread Closed