Drich, Answers to my questions
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2014, 01:12 PM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2014 02:06 PM by Mathilda.)
RE: Drich, Answers to my questions
In post 194 of this thread you say:

(16-04-2014 06:25 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(15-04-2014 11:36 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  1a) You were commanded by God to bully christians in order to a/s (but not K as specified in post 92 of your conversion thread)
No.
My bullying was the fullfillment of the A/S/K process in it's entiriety.
My knocking at that time was manifest in the persistance of my bullying.

In post 92 of your conversion thread you say

(06-02-2014 08:56 PM)Drich Wrote:  Then instead of knocking I kick at the door of God by bullying Christians who were stupid enough to bring their bibles to school. and made a commitment to them to keep doing so till they stopped turning their cheeks and stopped me or if their God would have to stop me. To show me/prove to me I was wrong.

How can your bullying of christians be "the fullfillment of the A/S/K process in it's entiriety" when in post 92 of your conversion thread you said that you bullied christians instead of knocking?
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
18-04-2014, 02:50 PM
(07-03-2014 04:56 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  You chose to love God because you experienced a 'nano second of His love for us' (post 85)

In post 45 you say that you no longer had a choice about whether to love God after you 'A/S/Ked'.

Why did you have a choice to love God after experiencing a 'nano second of his love for us', but did not have choice whether to love God after you 'A/S/Ked' ?

(18-04-2014 01:12 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  In post 194 of this thread you say:

(16-04-2014 06:25 AM)Drich Wrote:  No.
My bullying was the fullfillment of the A/S/K process in it's entiriety.
My knocking at that time was manifest in the persistance of my bullying.

In post 92 of your conversion thread you say

(06-02-2014 08:56 PM)Drich Wrote:  Then instead of knocking I kick at the door of God by bullying Christians who were stupid enough to bring their bibles to school. and made a commitment to them to keep doing so till they stopped turning their cheeks and stopped me or if their God would have to stop me. To show me/prove to me I was wrong.

How can your bullying of christians be "the fullfillment of the A/S/K process in it's entiriety" when in post 92 of your conversion thread you said that you bullied christians instead of knocking?

Again i think one of us is confused. Post 92 is your post not mine.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
18-04-2014, 04:17 PM
If you click on the green arrows at the top of the quote boxesthen it takes you to the post that has been quoted. If that is too difficult then your post 92 of your conversion thread is here:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid487640

In it you say:

"Then instead of knocking I kick at the door of God by bullying Christians who were stupid enough to bring their bibles to school. and made a commitment to them to keep doing so till they stopped turning their cheeks and stopped me or if their God would have to stop me. To show me/prove to me I was wrong."

How can your bullying of christians be "the fullfillment of the A/S/K process in it's entiriety" when you said earlier that you bullied christians instead of knocking?
19-04-2014, 11:52 PM
(18-04-2014 04:17 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  If you click on the green arrows at the top of the quote boxesthen it takes you to the post that has been quoted. If that is too difficult then your post 92 of your conversion thread is here:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid487640

In it you say:

"Then instead of knocking I kick at the door of God by bullying Christians who were stupid enough to bring their bibles to school. and made a commitment to them to keep doing so till they stopped turning their cheeks and stopped me or if their God would have to stop me. To show me/prove to me I was wrong."

How can your bullying of christians be "the fullfillment of the A/S/K process in it's entiriety" when you said earlier that you bullied christians instead of knocking?

Read the quote again..
Then instead of knocking I kick at the door of God by bullying Christians who were stupid enough to bring their bibles to school.

This statement employs what is known as an exaggeration.

Instead of politely knocking I used a more aggressive tactic. I kicked at the door God told us to knock at.

Repetition was the command per the parable in luke 11. Whether a knock or the kick I used I followed the out line given. My aggressive efforts saw an aggressive response.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
20-04-2014, 12:05 AM
Mathilda,

After 21 pages is this the best you can come up with? It seems like your 'best' is to play word games. Are there no real contextual or doctrinal issues you can find in anything I've written to this point, and your left with trying to catch me in an error by intentionally trying to confuse what I've said in other threads?

We've been doing this for two months, and you have claimed victory prematurely several times, and failed to close the topics being discussed. If what I am representing is so flawed then why is it you can't seem to point out one of these flaws? Why do you have to default to logical fallacy, and tricks to even come close enough to proclaim a false victory?

At what point will you honor what God has shown you through my efforts here?

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

20-04-2014, 03:32 AM (This post was last modified: 20-04-2014 04:07 AM by Mathilda.)
The reason why I have demanded precise answers throughout this thread is because I expected you to be inconsistent and over time I would be able to demonstrate this as you forgot what you had previously said. I was correct. It is why I have always specified post numbers and repeated what you have previously said before asking questions so I don't have to be distracted later by pointing out how you were being inconsistent.

Your excuse in post 200 is feeble. Your excuse in post 204 is both nonsensical and hypocritical (you use word games and then in the next post accuse me of the same). I do not consider them to be adequate answers.

The question and answer format means that I have needed to focus only on the most pertinent points. I have deliberately made sure not to be distracted by many of the things that you say. See the other commentary threads about this boxing match to see why so many of your arguments are invalid.

How do you respond to the following theory?

The simplest and most plausible explanation is that you wanted to become a christian and your lucid dream gave you the means to become so without having to admit to yourself that you were previously wrong. You needed to do this because the 'Drich method' is to scrutinize new personal experiences and evidence and see how it fits into what you already know (post 139).

You then found a vague instruction in the Bible that did not provide any specific steps (post 178) but just parables (post 172, 180). This allowed you to convince yourself that you weren't previously wrong in bullying christians but were instead following a 'formula' (post 170).

Unfortunately because a/s/k'ing does not provide a specific set of steps but only provides parables as a form of explanation, you have trouble determining exactly what is and isn't a/s/k'ing and are therefore inconsistent.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
20-04-2014, 09:10 AM
(20-04-2014 03:32 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  The reason why I have demanded precise answers throughout this thread is because I expected you to be inconsistent and over time I would be able to demonstrate this as you forgot what you had previously said. I was correct. It is why I have always specified post numbers and repeated what you have previously said before asking questions so I don't have to be distracted later by pointing out how you were being inconsistent.
In all your time lines and in your best efforts you have yet to point out one inconsistency based on what I have said or my intended meaning. In each and every time line and in each and every attempt you have made to point to an inconsistency you were miss informed or you have relayed or constructed a logical fallacy to draw your conclusion. Once that fallacy is brought into the light the argument ends.

Quote:Your excuse in post 200 is feeble. Your excuse in post 204 is both nonsensical and hypocritical (you use word games and then in the next post accuse me of the same). I do not consider them to be adequate answers.
out of 21 pages of dialog you have yet to provide evidence to support this claim. You've tried many many times, but failed which is why I suspect you are playing word games, rather than addressing content.

Quote:The question and answer format means that I have needed to focus only on the most pertinent points. I have deliberately made sure not to be distracted by many of the things that you say. See the other commentary threads about this boxing match to see why so many of your arguments are invalid.
this is an example of another game you play. This is a baseless accusation. You make a claim (like you did In The first two paragraphs of your last post) and you provide absolutly no evidence to back anything up. I suspect the reason why is because I generally shoot down everything you believe to be true. So you just make empty accusations and hope that your supporters are as deluded about the direction of this 'boxing match' as you are.
Or maybe after 21 pages you're hoping that I simply do not know any better.
Facepalm
Quote:How do you respond to the following theory?

The simplest and most plausible explanation is that you wanted to become a christian and your lucid dream gave you the means to become so without having to admit to yourself that you were previously wrong.
Ah, no.Facepalm

The dream was a catalyst. I have said this many many times in this thread and in others. I was faithful to what God gave me in the way of this dream, and He gave me more. It is what He gave and continues give me is what establish and maintains my belief.

If a rock star attributes his love of music to an old Beatles song, does it mean the reason that that man reached rock star status was because of that Beatles song? If your logic says yes. Then through your logic all who love that same song should also be a rock star.

When in fact a very specific set of circumstances had to unfold for this man to be a rock star. Like wise in order for any of us to be Christian (the biblical defination and not the atheist defination) a very specific set of circumstances must unfold.

That is why building a faith on signs and wonders is pointless. (For those who ask why God does not provide proof in a general way for everyone.)

Quote:You needed to do this because the 'Drich method' is to scrutinize new personal experiences and evidence and see how it fits into what you already know (post 139).
Thumbsup just like the scientific method demonstrates.

Quote:You then found a vague instruction in the Bible that did not provide any specific steps (post 178) but just parables (post 172, 180). This allowed you to convince yourself that you weren't previously wrong in bullying christians but were instead following a 'formula' (post 170).
can you point to any list or a specific set of instructions in the bible on how we are to be come 'Christian?' No, you can't, (this lack of a specific set of biblical rules in the reason we have 30k versions of Christianity.) therefore your arguement here is not valid. God set forth a list of rules and very specific set of circumstance for the Jews so why not for us? Because that would be legalism or righteousness granted by the law. Christ's work was to free us from the law, not to further bind us to it. If Christ graves us more law or rules to follow then his actions on the Cross would be meaningless.

Quote:Unfortunately because a/s/k'ing does not provide a specific set of steps but only provides parables as a form of explanation, you have trouble determining exactly what is and isn't a/s/k'ing and are therefore inconsistent.

I have had absolutly no trouble explaining the passage being discussed in luke 11. The problem? You're looking for the religious structure you're use to hearing from a Christian of a given sect. You want a check list theology to go point by point and examine. When biblical Christianity is not compiled this way. In fact our greatest command is to simply love God with all that we can . In essence to do our literal best. (But the problem is how can we love what we do. It know or understand? Enter the Holy Spirit. How do we obtain the Holy Spirit? We A/S/K. That's it God Himself fills in the rest.

You just do not know how to refute that so you keep asking the same questions over and over. We can do this for a 100 years and you will never get anywhere unless you make an effort to wrap your head around biblical Christianity and let go your pervious understanding of it.[/quote]

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

20-04-2014, 09:15 AM
Are you ever able to admit to being wrong?

Are you being deliberately dishonest?

Are you missing anything out of your account of your conversion?
20-04-2014, 11:45 PM
(20-04-2014 09:15 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Are you ever able to admit to being wrong?
Angel

Quote:Are you being deliberately dishonest?
in this context dishonesty is to make baseless accusations and to intentionally employ logical fallacy such as straw men and red herrings, rather than go line by line and dissect what has been stated and backed up.

One of us has used dishonest tactics in this boxing match while the other has examined answered and responded to every line of questioning put to him is such a way as to force the antagonist to seek out a new line of attack. Thus have her drop a line of questioning/time lining, and begin anew.

Quote:Are you missing anything out of your account of your conversion?
Yes, I am missing answers to my questions, and a legitimate response to the intelectually dishonest tactics I have brought to light that you have to resort to in order to make your arguements.

Rather than give an account of the highlighted intellectually dishonest behavior I have brought to light, you are desperately scrambling to put me on the defensive in the way of the use of a red herring/your last post.

I made accusations based off quotes you made (something you've been trying to do since we started.) it is really funny to watch how you squirm and pretend not to acknowledge what I have done, but rather use the VERY SAME Tactic I just accused you of using to try and reshape this discussion.. (As if I did not already have enough evidence) So before I correctly label you a hypocrite, [/quote]I'll give you another chance to answer the charges I made.

With your proven ability to go back and reread posts I'm sure you know where to find them.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

21-04-2014, 12:01 AM
.....double

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

Thread Closed