Drich, Answers to my questions
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2014, 08:57 PM
RE: Drich, Answers to my questions
(22-02-2014 07:09 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  So when you say that God "had his son die to provide us with all the options available to us" you are saying this gave us the option of choosing Judaism, Jedi-ism, Scientology, Mormonism, Islam and all the other religions as well as Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato sandwiches?
Ahh, no.

It seems you have run out of gas. If this is the best you can do on the topic of 'free will' let's call it a draw with the option to restart at a later date. Maybe on a different subject.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
Find all posts by this user
23-02-2014, 03:15 AM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2014 03:51 AM by Mathilda.)
(22-02-2014 08:57 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(22-02-2014 07:09 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  So when you say that God "had his son die to provide us with all the options available to us" you are saying this gave us the option of choosing Judaism, Jedi-ism, Scientology, Mormonism, Islam and all the other religions as well as Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato sandwiches?
Ahh, no.

It seems you have run out of gas. If this is the best you can do on the topic of 'free will' let's call it a draw with the option to restart at a later date. Maybe on a different subject.

Let's not call it a draw considering that you are unable to answer questions based solely on the answers that you have given. This demonstrates that your concepts are muddled and are not logically consistent.
  • You say that you can only make a real and independent choice if you have all the options available to you but cannot explain how anyone could do that if they are not basically God.
  • You cannot explain how Jesus dying on the cross has given us options even though you are the one who claimed it to be so.

The debate has only just started. You are conceding defeat if you stop now.

But if you do not wish to concede defeat, I shall post three questions this time to show what I am getting at in case you really are calling it a day.

You say that a real choice is one where God hides himself from us (post 14),

Does this mean that once you know the glory of God that you are not able to make a real choice?

Is making a decision based on God's glory any different to making a decision based on any other perceived consequence?

In the same way that you say that I cannot make a real choice about what sandwich to buy, how can I make a real choice about what sect of what religion to follow considering that it is not possible for me to know of and experience all the existing religions in the world within a lifetime?
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
23-02-2014, 01:08 PM

No.

Your conclusion is not consistent with teachings of the bible.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
23-02-2014, 01:23 PM
So when you say that God "had his son die to provide us with all the options available to us", what options are you referring to?
23-02-2014, 01:28 PM
(23-02-2014 03:15 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Let's not call it a draw considering that you are unable to answer questions based solely on the answers that you have given. This demonstrates that your concepts are muddled and are not logically consistent.
You presume too much. It simply seemed to me you were in over your head and I was giving you an honorable out. (Live and let live.)
Since you want to be one of the boys then we will go till you had your fill, no matter what that means.

Quote:The debate has only just started. You are conceding defeat if you stop now.

But if you do not wish to concede defeat, I shall post three questions this time to show what I am getting at in case you really are calling it a day.
I will be happy to concede at any point just pm me and let me know when you had enough.

Quote:You say that a real choice is one where God hides himself from us (post 14),

Does this mean that once you know the glory of God that you are not able to make a real choice?
no, it will be heavily influenced if not made for you.

Quote:Is making a decision based on God's glory any different to making a decision based on any other perceived consequence?
For the moment I experienced God's Glory no other thought or desire had any meaning. It was like the joy one feels when he his home after a very long time. There is a sense of belonging and joy that I do not think will wear off any time soon.

Quote:In the same way that you say that I cannot make a real choice about what sandwich to buy,
only because you do not have all sandwich options before you.

Quote:how can I make a real choice about what sect of what religion to follow considering that it is not possible for me to know of and experience all the existing religions in the world within a lifetime?
You've made a false assumption as to the nature of the choice you believe you have. I need more information to provide an answer. I could provide your answer if I could as two questions and a follow up.[/quote]

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

23-02-2014, 01:42 PM
To repeat the question:

So when you say that God "had his son die to provide us with all the options available to us", what options are you referring to?
23-02-2014, 05:52 PM
(23-02-2014 01:42 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  To repeat the question:

Heaven or hell.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

23-02-2014, 05:58 PM
If God had his son die to provide us with the two options of heaven and hell, what happened to people when they died before Jesus was born?
23-02-2014, 07:57 PM
(23-02-2014 05:58 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  If God had his son die to provide us with the two options of heaven and hell, what happened to people when they died before Jesus was born?

Attonement was initially offered through blood, and burnt offerings for sin. Evil was not attoned for, which required death. (That is why some were stoned)

All of Which pointed forward the sacrifice of Christ. Must like how we look back, they looked forward. Ultimately all attonement rests on Christ.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

24-02-2014, 02:06 AM
(23-02-2014 07:57 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 05:58 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  If God had his son die to provide us with the two options of heaven and hell, what happened to people when they died before Jesus was born?

Attonement was initially offered through blood, and burnt offerings for sin. Evil was not attoned for, which required death. (That is why some were stoned)

I shall rephrase the question as it was not answered.

Before the options of Heaven and Hell were provided by Jesus dying, what happened to a person's soul after they died?
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
Thread Closed