Drich, Answers to my questions
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2014, 07:14 AM
RE: Drich, Answers to my questions
(24-02-2014 02:06 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 07:57 PM)Drich Wrote:  Attonement was initially offered through blood, and burnt offerings for sin. Evil was not attoned for, which required death. (That is why some were stoned)

I shall rephrase the question as it was not answered.

Before the options of Heaven and Hell were provided by Jesus dying, what happened to a person's soul after they died?

The same thing that happens now. It gets judged by Christ and He decides what fate to assign it.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
Find all posts by this user
24-02-2014, 07:22 AM
You say that the same thing happens now to people's souls as it did before God's son died.

Are you saying that the options of Heaven and Hell were available to people before Jesus?
24-02-2014, 07:51 AM
(24-02-2014 07:22 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  You say that the same thing happens now to people's souls as it did before God's son died.

Are you saying that the options of Heaven and Hell were available to people before Jesus?

Not everyone. Only the Jews.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
24-02-2014, 08:01 AM
So before Jesus, what happened to the souls of all the people that died who were not Jews?
24-02-2014, 10:03 AM
(24-02-2014 08:01 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  So before Jesus, what happened to the souls of all the people that died who were not Jews?

The bible does not say/I don't know for sure.

One of two things that I can see.
One they are in Hell.
Two God gave them another go around sometime after Christ.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

24-02-2014, 10:13 AM
Two questions:

Do you experience periods of bliss because you are a Christian and do God's will?

Is God fair and merciful? (or any other similar description, if yes please provide an exact definition of what you mean)
24-02-2014, 10:25 AM
Just a reminder that this debate is between Drich and Mathilda ONLY. If you have further questions consult the Boxing Ring Rules at the top of this forum.

Thank you

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

25-02-2014, 07:38 AM
(24-02-2014 10:13 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Two questions:

Do you experience periods of bliss because you are a Christian and do God's will?
I'm not sure what you mean..
I Experience Spiritual fruit : love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control Per Gal 5. I also Experience a particular Spiritual gift. A direct line to wisdom/Knoweledge of God (not complete, I can ask a question and get an answer, again not complete but usally enough.) I have been blessed in Many otherways as well. Business, Family etc.. This isn't a momentarty thing. It's all day every day.

Quote:Is God fair and merciful? (or any other similar description, if yes please provide an exact definition of what you mean)
To whom He has mercy yes.
To those in whom God does not show mercy I suppose those people would not consider Him fair or merciful.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

25-02-2014, 08:48 AM
You say that God does not show mercy to some people and that these people may not consider him fair.

How fair and merciful is God?

(To clarify, I mean whether he is more often merciful or not, or vice versa)

Does your usage of the words 'fairness' and 'merciful' differ from that found in the dictionary, and if so, how?
25-02-2014, 10:44 AM
(25-02-2014 08:48 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  You say that God does not show mercy to some people and that these people may not consider him fair.

How fair and merciful is God?

(To clarify, I mean whether he is more often merciful or not, or vice versa)

Does your usage of the words 'fairness' and 'merciful' differ from that found in the dictionary, and if so, how?
They don't differ, and as we are told the path to destruction is wide and well traveled while the path to salvation is narrow and hard to travel i would say many more would consider God unfair and with out mercy than those who do.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

Thread Closed