Drich, Answers to my questions
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2014, 11:33 AM
RE: Drich, Answers to my questions
Why do you worship a God who is not considered fair and merciful by most people?
Find all posts by this user
25-02-2014, 02:14 PM
(25-02-2014 11:33 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Why do you worship a God who is not considered fair and merciful by most people?

Because I do not depend on logical fallacy to pick my God.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

I choose God because I love Him with all of my being and Damn what everyone else has to say.

Truly nothing else matters.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
25-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Did you have a choice about loving God?
25-02-2014, 08:52 PM
(25-02-2014 02:34 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Did you have a choice about loving God?

You mean before or after I A/S/Ked?

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
25-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Before yes, after no.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

26-02-2014, 02:36 AM
Why did you choose to love a god that is generally unfair and not merciful to the majority of humans?
26-02-2014, 08:25 AM
(26-02-2014 02:36 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Why did you choose to love a god that is generally unfair and not merciful to the majority of humans?

Because I understand 'Fairness' is a false standard. Fairness is whatever 'we' want it to be. To say something is 'unfair' simply means it is unfavoriable or not desirable.(It is a form of manipulation small children employ to get their way)

If God could be so easily maniuplated then He would not be worthy of worship.

In truth fairness is the fact we have been given this life this oppertunity to choose at all rather than simply have been created to exist in Heaven or to be consumed by Hell. Whether or not we choose to serve self or serve God in this life has absolutly nothing to do with His ablity to be 'fair.'

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

26-02-2014, 02:50 PM
I was using a commonly accepted definition of the term 'unfair'. For example 'not based on or behaving according to the principles of equality and justice' according to google. So to rephrase the question:

Why did you choose to love a god that generally does not behave according to human principles of equality and justice when you yourself are human and are the one making the choice?
26-02-2014, 09:58 PM
(26-02-2014 02:50 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  I was using a commonly accepted definition of the term 'unfair'. For example 'not based on or behaving according to the principles of equality and justice' according to google. So to rephrase the question:

Why did you choose to love a god that generally does not behave according to human principles of equality and justice when you yourself are human and are the one making the choice?
Because human principles are designed to serve popular culture. Not what is best for man. Therefore our standard of 'morality' is in of itself not an actual standard of any kind.
It is always the lessor of two evils. When ever a society wants to suspend justice or morality then a greater evil than what is perceived to be unjust is created or magnified to justify whatever move society wants to do so it may lift its ban on.

Whether than ban be on the killing of babies, the systematic elimination of a certain social/religious group as in hitler's Germany, an indigenous populace as with the native Americans, or the active hunt we are involved with all who consider themselves Islamic extremists. Justified or not pop justice is not a standard to live by. It is a mob mentality that will sweep up entire cultures into thinking they are in the right especially when they have no absolutes to stand by.

So in short how can I choose a God that indulge society, and whatever bs standard that is currently being justified? Because I believe in absolutes. I believe that right and wrong does not change even though the culture does. I believe that just because something looses favor with pop culture does not mean it should be abandoned.

I can see you salivating, before you bring up your next topic I ask that you define it first.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

27-02-2014, 02:23 AM
You say 'human principles are designed to serve popular culture. Not what is best for man.'

How is sending the majority of humans to Hell for an eternity best for man?
Thread Closed