Drich, Answers to my questions
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: Drich, Answers to my questions
Friendly reminder this debate is between Mathilda and Drich alone.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
04-03-2014, 03:20 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 06:41 PM by Mathilda.)
If we do not know what Hell will be like for people who value their freedom, why try scaring them into choosing an eternity of 'heavy lifting/slave labor' using images such as 'lake of fire', especially when we know that there can be rebellion in Heaven?
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
04-03-2014, 08:34 PM
(04-03-2014 03:20 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  If we do not know what Hell will be like for people who value their freedom, why try scaring them into choosing an eternity of 'heavy lifting/slave labor' using images such as 'lake of fire', especially when we know that there can be rebellion in Heaven?

I think we currently live in the time of rebellion. The book of Revelation tells us that this time will continue till after the judgement and lucifer and those who openly elect Hell are sealed away for 1000 years. Then the pit of Hell will be opened again and lucifer will be allow one last chance at rebellion.

It's kinda like triple distillation. So in the end onlt those who have an intense desire will be with God for eternity..

I alway saw this last temptation was to shake loose those who loop holed their way into Heaven. I think most of them will find they will not like it anyway.

Which answers your question. I don't try and off set or scare people from Hell. For some it is better to be entombed in Hell than to serve in Heaven.

Again hell is only Hell to those who want to be with God. That's not to say you won't experience Hell fire, but what does that compare to burning with hatred as a slave for all eternity?

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
05-03-2014, 04:02 AM
You say in posts 53, 55 & 59 that we are 'slaves to sin', and the meaning of sin is to 'be outside the expressed will of God' (post 59). So conversely sin is freedom from God's expressed will.

In post 59 you also say the consequences of sin are 'Basically all the bad stuff you all complain about, Kids with cancer, Starving people in Africa, War, Plague, Greed, murder etc..' and 'on top of that we still sell 2/3's of our waking moments to pay to live in a place that supports all of these things'

In post 53 you say 'jobs are given to us in accordance to our faithfulness to Him in this life' and 'Some of us will be like rich men are now. While others 'will escape the fires of Hell with only our cloths on our backs.'

You chose to love God (post 45) and an eternity of performing his expressed will (post 59) when the alternative is an eternity of freedom.

Did you choose to love God and be his slave so you could be the equivalent of a rich man in the after-life?
05-03-2014, 08:53 AM
(05-03-2014 04:02 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  You say in posts 53, 55 & 59 that we are 'slaves to sin', and the meaning of sin is to 'be outside the expressed will of God' (post 59). So conversely sin is freedom from God's expressed will.

In post 59 you also say the consequences of sin are 'Basically all the bad stuff you all complain about, Kids with cancer, Starving people in Africa, War, Plague, Greed, murder etc..' and 'on top of that we still sell 2/3's of our waking moments to pay to live in a place that supports all of these things'

In post 53 you say 'jobs are given to us in accordance to our faithfulness to Him in this life' and 'Some of us will be like rich men are now. While others 'will escape the fires of Hell with only our cloths on our backs.'

You chose to love God (post 45) and an eternity of performing his expressed will (post 59) when the alternative is an eternity of freedom.

Did you choose to love God and be his slave so you could be the equivalent of a rich man in the after-life?

I chose to love God because I got to experience a nano second of His love for us, and wanted to experience the eternal version. I know the more faithful we are now, the closer to God we are in the next life. This is the Only "wealth" I am looking for. I want to be able to invite Jesus over for dinner. Or maybe go fishing with him or something like that.

We are told the 'riches' you are associating with being rich or wealth are common building materials. What value is gold if the streets are paved with it? If you took a chunk of asphalt and tried to buy a car with it, do you think you would be able to?

That would mean that the 'riches' being offered have nothing to do with how we place value on things. I see it as a greater capacity to love and comprehend the things of God.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
05-03-2014, 09:14 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2014 11:56 AM by Mathilda.)
In post 45 you say that you no longer had a choice about whether to love God after you 'A/S/Ked'.

Why?
06-03-2014, 06:16 AM
(05-03-2014 09:14 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  In post 45 you say that you no longer had a choice about whether to love God after you 'A/S/Ked'.

Why?

As I explained above, one I experienced the agape God offered nothing else mattered. Personal philosophy, logic, reason nothing. At that point the heart wants what the heart wants. For me it was God. However I also know that experiencing God's glory can be a double edged sword. It can also push people away, or it can mask the mind's need or desire for separation.

That is why I believe Not all/most who a/s/k are not privy to the full glory of God. They are given over to it a little at a time. Whatever our needs when we a/s/k we are given exactly what we need to first establish our belief and then not only maintain it but see it flourish.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

06-03-2014, 06:40 AM
You no longer had a choice about whether to love God after you 'A/S/Ked' (post 45) because you 'experienced the agape God offered' (his unconditional love).

You chose to love God because you experienced a 'nano second of His love for us' (post 85)

How do you know that you had a choice when you experienced his love for a nano-second but that you did not have a choice after you 'A/S/Ked' and experienced his agape?
06-03-2014, 10:24 PM
(06-03-2014 06:40 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  You no longer had a choice about whether to love God after you 'A/S/Ked' (post 45) because you 'experienced the agape God offered' (his unconditional love).

You chose to love God because you experienced a 'nano second of His love for us' (post 85)

How do you know that you had a choice when you experienced his love for a nano-second but that you did not have a choice after you 'A/S/Ked' and experienced his agape?

Before my experience I had a void in my heart. I had a choice as to how I was going to fill it before. For me it was beating up Christians and taking my anger out on them. I chose to not believe and try and reason my doubts away. After experiencing God's love, personal philosophy and popular thought on God no longer mattered. All that did was to return to God's Love.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

07-03-2014, 04:20 AM
Why did you have a choice after experiencing his nano-second of love but not after you 'A/S/Ked' and experienced his agape?
Thread Closed