• 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2014, 10:17 PM
Drich, let's have a round
I challange Drich to the boxing ring.

The rules of this "debate" are simple:

- Questions should not be avoided or circumvented

- Questions should be given the most direct answer possible

- posts should be kept as short as possible

- the person who claims something has the burden to proove, name evidence or at least give good arguments or explanations

- keep polite and refrain from logical fallacies

Fun "paradox": The higher the selection pressure, the slower evolution takes place.
Find all posts by this user
05-02-2014, 10:35 PM
RE: Drich, let's have a round
Good luck Drinking Beverage

[Image: a1Ay5GG_460sa_v1.gif]

If your God can't be bothered to personally reveal himself to me, then I can't be bothered to worship him.
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
05-02-2014, 11:24 PM
ok shoot
05-02-2014, 11:29 PM
Now where did I put that popcorn eating gif..?
05-02-2014, 11:49 PM
OK, I will have to start this debate with a simple question and then let's see where the conversation flows to.

Since, as a deist you believe in the existence of a god, let me first begin by asking:

What or who is God in your opinion?

Fun "paradox": The higher the selection pressure, the slower evolution takes place.
05-02-2014, 11:49 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2014 11:53 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
Challenge is accepted only Youkay and Drich are allowed to post no other people posting this in this thread, as dictated per Da Boxing Ring Rulz. Comments from all other members henceforth shall be deleted.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 8 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-02-2014, 08:09 AM
(05-02-2014 11:49 PM)Youkay Wrote:  OK, I will have to start this debate with a simple question and then let's see where the conversation flows to.

Since, as a deist you believe in the existence of a god, let me first begin by asking:

What or who is God in your opinion?

My answer is Based on what the bible says. Because aside from what God tells us about Himself there is no way to know. He is infinate, we are Finite.

God describes himself as The Great I am, the Alpha and Omega, The beginning and the End of all things.

This means He is the first and the last person/deity/whatever. it means He has final say on everything and does whatever He wants. there are no rules, athority, or principles above Him. Which means He has the freedom to do as little or as much as He wants.
06-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Your knowledge of god is based on the bible. But what makes the bible credible in your opinion?

[+] 1 user Likes Youkay's post
07-02-2014, 12:35 AM
(06-02-2014 10:16 PM)Youkay Wrote:  Your knowledge of god is based on the bible. But what makes the bible credible in your opinion?

In the bible there is a series of promises God makes to any potential believer. you do "X,Y,Z" and He will give you 1,2,3.. I did x,y,z and I got 1,2,3. After that everything else just kinda fell into place.

The bible is like a treasure map. One can examine the map itself only looking at the material it was drawn on, the ink use, it's provenaunce, ect, ect to determine if a treasure map is authentic, or one can just simply follow the map and dig where it says dig to determine a map's authenticity.

I'm a digger, so I followed the map and dug, and found what I was told I would find. therefore everything else on the map for me has to also be true, because I keep digging in this side quests and I keep finding treasure.
07-02-2014, 02:02 AM
Can you give examples for "x,y,z,"?

What "1,2,3" were you rewarded with as a consequence?

What did you find as a result of your "digging"?

Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  goodwithoutgod and Jeremy Walker. Round table one on one Jeremy E Walker 28 674 04-07-2014 09:23 AM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  Drich, Answers to my questions Mathilda 216 5,283 23-04-2014 05:44 AM
Last Post: Drich
  Drich & Gods Fondue Pot Kestrel 19 522 21-02-2014 02:45 PM
Last Post: Momsurroundedbyboys
  Practice round. Stark Raving 6 481 31-10-2012 06:19 PM
Last Post: Stark Raving