Drilling Holes in my Bible Belt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2016, 10:14 PM
Drilling Holes in my Bible Belt
Hello folks and thank you for letting me in the door. I am a 53 yr old man residing in Alabama. The past ten years or so I have been dabbling with the subject of non belief. At one time in my life I walked the walk and talked the talk of the Christian beliefs. Honestly its not a bad life but once I stepped away from it and really started to ask myself some honest questions the doubt machine in my head exploded. It took a little time and struggle within my mind but in the end I have to say that today I am NOT a believer at all any more.

Since this revelation in my life I have moved to the deep south. In this small town there are at least 15 churches and let me tell ya. These folks down here are full of fire and brimstone. So much so that I find myself keeping my beliefs to myself most of the time just to avoid conflict. My wife, stepson, and my mother are the only ones that support my thoughts but everyone else is in the dark. My time here in the south (about 8yrs) has been good but I am finding it harder and harder to hold my tongue and not lashing out when the religious folks start in with their ridiculous bible quotes. Or when they insist on having a prayer before any ball game or any activity involving a school function. I thought prayer in school was taken out years ago.

Oh well, I could go on and on but I'm sure there are threads here I can contribute to with my rants...lol. Again, thanks for letting me in and I look forward to meeting some like open minded folks here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like greenmonster714's post
07-09-2016, 10:31 PM
RE: Drilling Holes in my Bible Belt
Welcome to TTA, GM714.

One of these days, maybe at a ball game, Alabama will have their "I'm Spartacus" moment.

In the mean time, this is a great place to rant.

Enjoy your online freedom.

Smile

[Image: t8fvGV.gif]

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
08-09-2016, 08:54 AM
Welcome!
08-09-2016, 09:25 AM
Hello! Big Grin
08-09-2016, 12:04 PM
Welcome.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
08-09-2016, 03:28 PM
Hi GreenMonster. Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
08-09-2016, 03:36 PM
Welcome. For the Bible Belt I reccomend a standard NQ diamond drill bit.

[Image: Diamond_drill_bit_001.jpg]

Though if you want to go hardcore I know a guy who can set you up with a 36 inch tricone and that thing pretty much just makes culverts.

[Image: drill_bit_1.jpg]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
08-09-2016, 05:26 PM
Howdy neighbor!

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
08-09-2016, 06:33 PM
Greetings.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
08-09-2016, 06:38 PM
Welcome form a long time Alabama visitor.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post