Drishtantoist trusts..
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2013, 12:50 AM
Drishtantoist trusts..
1. Neither theist nor atheist, but religious.
2. Be good only for saving yourself and the world.
a) neither cheats nor be cheated.
b) through the world won't be destroyed, man is not free.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2013, 02:43 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2013 08:47 AM by Free Thought.)
RE: Drishtantoist trusts..
(02-07-2013 12:50 AM)TanvirMasud Wrote:  1. Neither theist nor atheist, but religious.

Okay, so this Drishtranwhateverism is not theistic nor atheistic; so it does not assert that there is a controlling, intervening god, nor does it deny or reject a god. So, what are we talking about specifically? Is it Deistic: There is a god, but it just kick-started the engine and left things after that? Is it Panpsychic; everything in the universe has a soul and/or a mind? Is it Panentheistic perhaps; the entire universe is within god itself?
What are we talking about here, if it is religious, but not theistic, it's gotta be in there somewhere.

(02-07-2013 12:50 AM)TanvirMasud Wrote:  2. Be good only for saving yourself and the world.

So... "Be good, but only be good for the selfish purpose of saving yourself. Oh, and be good if the world is about to go to shit."

Gotta say, that is not a very compelling statement.

(02-07-2013 12:50 AM)TanvirMasud Wrote:  a) neither cheats nor be cheated.
b) through the world won't be destroyed, man is not free.

The statement A) doesn't seem to make any sense whatsoever. What is it supposed to mean? "Don't be a cheat, but never be the one who is being cheated"? How would one know if they are so that can avoid it?

As for B)... That's bullshit. The world (which i take logically as meaning Earth) will be destroyed. It is a matter of inevitability; When the sun will run out of gas and expand, absoring the inner planets (Earth likely included) and exploding, likely destroying the rest in a spectacular Supernova... which no humans will survive to see. Assume of course if we have yet, by that time, to master space transport of humans and have yet to colonize other systems, and that we are still human, instead of having gone through speciation prior to that event. Which also assumes we did not wipe ourselves of the face of the universe before we got far enough along to go through speciation...

Other Earth destroying possibilities would be

an Impact Event with an excessively large extraterrestrial object, similar to what happened to Mars, shaving of a portion of it, or what happened to the still very young Earth to create Luna.

Cataclysmic Nuclear War, following the principals of M.A.D (Mutually Assured Destruction), which would wipe us off the universe in minutes were it to happen.

Unchecked Global Warming causing massive shifts in climate, likely wiping most biological species of Earth out, likely including Humans were the shifts too sudden and severe.

Emergence and eruption of a Supervolcano. That'd certainly fuck us all up nice and well, what with Volcanic Winter and what-not.

As for the whole man wont be free thing; that's up for debate; free from what? laws and regulations? It seems to me that groups of people will establish social rules and regs within their groups, even if they were given the option not to...

(02-07-2013 12:50 AM)TanvirMasud Wrote:  Wow!

No, not "wow". If that is what impresses you, I am already disappoint.

I must say that, this kind of stuff makes me say "Philosobull". Even more than the perpetual and empty "Why"s of stereotyped "professional" philosophy. What kind of stuff am I referring too particularly?

It looks to me that a lot of of sentences here (so few that there are) are attempts are implementing lofty language to lure people in, as I seem to see quite a bit in philosobull. I have yet to really see a piece of philosobull which makes it's meaning absolutely clear in no uncertain terms and does not attempt lofty, obscure language and little sentence structure...

Ladies and gentlemen present, I officially christen this; Philosobull.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post