Drive By.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2012, 04:31 AM
RE: Drive By.
(07-10-2012 07:48 PM)Near Wrote:  ... I honestly don't know why poor economic conditions make people want to join gangs. ...

Evolution dear boy, evolution. Ingroup-mentality. Safer in a pack when there is danger around you.

I'd not heard of this before, Luc. I needed Google's help. Google Images, 6th image for Indo-Canadian mob is ... Tony Blair.

I wondered what he was up to nowadays.

How high is this issue (the gangs, I mean, not T.Blair) on the political agenda?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
08-10-2012, 06:10 AM
Gangs aren't on any political agenda.

So far as I know the Indo Canadian mob is a BC problem that hasn't had much success in other provinces. (Americans think states)

the Indo Canadian mob is comprised of people from India.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-10-2012, 06:31 AM
Over here we are overrun with them too. They come over 'ere expecting jobs as CEOs of the multinationals.
No, hang on!
They are the CEOs of the multinationals.

I'm no expert on gang-culture but doesn't it usually have something to do with the inability of one culture to encourage / absorb members of another coupled with members of that culture's inability or unwillingness to assimilate.

Singapore has had small amounts of this when an influx surpasses the absorbtion rate but it's usually short-lived because culturally there is intolerance of intolerance.

There are 3 aspects to this: Incident, Problem, Change.

Addressing the Incidents (the danger of the drive-by) requires perhaps a heavy hand of justice. But nothing will happen until the priority is high enough. This comes about through many reports of the crimes. I hope it does not take a high death-toll before it is on the agenda.
Often, it is the elders of the sub-community that take a lead. Is there any way of encouraging this?

Addressing the Problem is about finding the root cause(s)... lack of opportunity, unwillingness to assimilate, anger at being let down by the current system etc.

The Change, I suspect, will have many aspects but a knee-jerk response (i.e. before the true causes are ascertained) can lead to more Incidents.

08-10-2012, 09:08 AM
(08-10-2012 03:56 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Hold on, hold on...Canadians shoot each other?

The fuck is this?

For real.
According to Michael Moore, Canadians don't even have guns or lock their doors. No

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
08-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Micheal Moore is irritating because he sort of destabalizes a genuine position by being so editorialized. He stretches the truth to make a point and doesn't ever really say he's doing it, so that when people who aren't great with exxageration find out something he says isn't exactly as he said it, they discount everything else he says.

We can get just as violent and dangerous as the states. We've got all the major criminal organizations except maybe the italian mafia. Though I read that the mafia is in control of all of hte illegal deforestation here, so... nm. We've got hte russian mob, triads (especially in Vancouver) Yakuza... the list is long. We've even got our own home grown. Check out the UN. I went to school with a bunch of the guys in it. Some of whom are in prison. They spring from guys from different gangs. HA, RB, and the Abby Boys. Now they are in a bit of dissaray and another local gang seems to be taking over some of their business. The Red Scorpions. Sounds like a group out of the warriors.

Now I want to watch The Warriors. Warriors come out to play eeee.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
08-10-2012, 11:30 AM
http://hark.com/clips/rrwlxxxnqq-can-you-dig-it

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My