Drive-by mini JW

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-03-2013, 06:02 AM
Drive-by mini JW
My husband had surgery on his back Monday. Thanks to the doctor showing up three hours late, I was the only person in the waiting room at the surgery center for a good part of the late afternoon and evening. I was watching Netflix on my Kindle and heard the door open. A little boy around 9 or 10 came in. He was in a suit and his hair was neatly combed. He looked around then dropped something on some chairs a row or two over. After he went back out the door I got up to check things out. There on two of the chairs was a Watchtower and an Awake pamphlet.

I didn't know they did this. I am going to guess this will be his "How I Spent My Spring Break" memory for this year.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2013, 09:18 AM
RE: Drive-by mini JW
That bothers me.

It always bothers me when I see religious nuts pushing their kids to be religious nuts with them. This kid obviously wasn't into it, it wasn't his idea, he didn't want to talk to you or put any effort into it. He was obeying orders because he had to, and those orders came from an organization he's too young to understand and too powerless to resist, so he's just stuck with it.

He should be out playing with his friends, not creeping around dropping pamphlets in a surgical center.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 4 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
13-03-2013, 09:28 AM
Poor kid. No matter how strong my lack of beliefs is, I would never force my children to push my views onto others. This is how religion strives-through brainwashing and early indoctrination. Sad.

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
13-03-2013, 09:53 AM
I would have helped out the cleaning service by disposing them properly.

Hope your husband's surgery went well.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

13-03-2013, 09:54 AM
I'm surprised you noticed him. Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
13-03-2013, 02:45 PM
My son will be 26 next month, I think I have seen him in a suit exactly once.
Seeing any little guy in a suit catches my attention.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy