Driving

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2011, 05:51 AM
Driving
Ok so i just started my driving lessons and i had my first lesson which went pretty awesome, i got a 3/5 overall rating but i still need a bit of help, i was wondering how you did on your first driving lesson, prefably someone from england, and do you have any tips, i want to save money on lessons Haha.

"In real life , as opposed to that happy, clappy, rainbow fantasy world that you see fit to fly through on your winged unicorn of delusion" - Mitchell and Webb
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2011, 06:26 AM
RE: Driving
Well, since you're from England, make sure to drive on the wrong side of the road. Big Grin

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
[+] 1 user Likes Thammuz's post
23-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Concentrate; let nothing distract you; think about the road and traffic, not how you're doing.
Trust the instructor: do not second-guess or know better or back-chat.
Read up the driving manual and rule book between lessons.
Practice parking, backing and three-point turns every chance you get.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
23-08-2011, 10:30 AM
And I used to always have the radio on. Quietly, of course, but the radio kept me calm. I didn't have any problems with starting, it came very naturally to me after just one or two hours of practice.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
23-08-2011, 11:47 AM
I remember myself driving behind two of the same tractors on one of my lessons. The instructor said: "If they drive straight ahead turn left, and if they turn left you drive straight ahead." I asked her: "What shall I do if one turns left and the other drives straight ahead?" A few 100 m later we had to pull over because she could not give instructions anymore from the laughter. Cool

Hey... SHE was the one teaching me about anticipating on unforeseen situations.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
23-08-2011, 01:59 PM
(23-08-2011 05:51 AM)James The Brit Wrote:  Ok so i just started my driving lessons and i had my first lesson which went pretty awesome, i got a 3/5 overall rating but i still need a bit of help, i was wondering how you did on your first driving lesson, prefably someone from england, and do you have any tips, i want to save money on lessons Haha.

I think it took me about ten years on and off. So I would practice with friends as much as possible and don't be in too much of a hurry. Also if the instructor is poor change him or her. I had a particularly poor one , who somehow managed to make me feel inadequate, and he was pathetic when I got rid of him - it was almost like breaking up with a girlfriend. If you are anything like me you'll need to work on hill starts (particular fun in Surrey), parallel parking and smooth gear changes. Oh and I never did master parallel parking - even another ten years on - but if I was learning now I would probably try and rehearse tricky set piece manouvres like that in my head.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-08-2011, 05:35 PM
I took all my driving lessons drunk and stoned. Figured if I could learn how to do it drunk and stoned, sober would be a breeze. Smile

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-08-2011, 06:04 AM
(23-08-2011 05:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I took all my driving lessons drunk and stoned. Figured if I could learn how to do it drunk and stoned, sober would be a breeze. Smile

haha, seems logical ;p

cheers guys ;p

"In real life , as opposed to that happy, clappy, rainbow fantasy world that you see fit to fly through on your winged unicorn of delusion" - Mitchell and Webb
24-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Honestly... just relax. Being too tense can cause you to forget basic things. Also, read the manual... it really does have a lot of good information.

However, the best way to learn how to drive is practice practice practice.... that's all that you really can do to improve.

Also, never get emotional behind the wheel... like don't drive if you are upset or angry, that causes a lot of accidents.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]