Driving With Minors - Because Chas asked for it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Driving With Minors - Because Chas asked for it.
So now that we've gotten circumcision out of the way I'd like to move on to another topic that kills and mutilates those that don't give consent. Driving. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get exact statistics on deaths but in 2009 over 5000 people between 16 and 20 died in car accidents. Now, many if not most of these were actually driving at the time so we will toss these numbers. Nearly 40,000 died in the US last year in car accidents resulting from numerous things like flat tires, drunk driving, texting, etc. Just think about all those kids who were in those accidents that didn't give consent to ride in those cars. If they had been able to speak up for themselves they might not have ridden in the car and would still be alive.

I vote that we outlaw all minors as passengers in vehicles. It's a violation of human rights to force children to ride in machines with such high rates of death. I mean, circumcision only kills 100-150. This is an issue that affects thousands of lives every year.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2012, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2012 01:35 PM by kim.)
RE: Driving With Minors - Because Chas asked for it.
For some reason, I am reminded that as a child, I used to get really nauseous while riding in the car. Now as an adult and I am in charge of the driving, I don't.
Just as this has nothing whatsoever to do with your post... the following should be taken as sarcasm. Or not. I'm in a mood, today. Tongue
_____
What would be your solution to this child transport problem you have presented? Should we put anyone under the age of say... 15 onto mass transit anytime they needed to be somewhere? Adults will go to grandma's in their car, while the children will be carted out into the countryside via large, robotically driven, drone busses.
Smile Actually, that's not a bad idea!
However, since people are bitching at the cost of putting a rocket into space ... let's face it, no child's life is worth any kind of restructuring of our transit system. Hmm... choosing words while we think out loud... I wonder how many people actually do that?
_________
I'm thinking that many people would say your posting is a preposterous consideration but I do see your point.
And now, I will present to you something I care about -probably only because it effects me directly:
I am REALLY PISSED OFF about the ban on the import of KinderEggs to the US!! I always got them before and now, because someone has decided their little rug rat is in danger of swallowing the toy that comes inside them, I am forbidden to partake in my personal joy.
Upon careful analysis, I've come to the conclusion that civilized nations need to stop having children. Children seem to be the bane of numerous issues that can not be resolved; circumcision, auto fatalities, the sinister KinderEgg conspiracy which in my opinion, has already begun to determine the downfall of civilization. So. Fuck kids.

I think I've made my point clear.[Image: 006.gif]

ps - I have no issue with the male circumcision arguments one way or the other.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
03-01-2012, 01:57 PM
If everything we decide for our children is a violation of human right we can just stop producing them.
Sorry to disappoint, there are things the child will not decide on it's own. Parents are trying to do their best but sometimes they don't know better.
In case of car driving, I know that I am a careful driver and once I have kids we will most certainly not get into a car crash because I or my hun (who is also are careful driver) did something wrong. Our kids will learn how to behave in a car just like we did when we were young. Period.
It is not a violation of human right to put your kid into your car when you are going somewhere. What the hack? How do you even get this idea? You are not hurting you child, you are not putting it in more danger than crossing the road with it. Is crossing the road with my kid also a violation of human rights??? Come on

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2012, 02:03 PM
"Because Chas asked for it." I didn't, but ...
(03-01-2012 12:46 PM)germanyt Wrote:  So now that we've gotten circumcision out of the way I'd like to move on to another topic that kills and mutilates those that don't give consent. Driving. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get exact statistics on deaths but in 2009 over 5000 people between 16 and 20 died in car accidents. Now, many if not most of these were actually driving at the time so we will toss these numbers. Nearly 40,000 died in the US last year in car accidents resulting from numerous things like flat tires, drunk driving, texting, etc. Just think about all those kids who were in those accidents that didn't give consent to ride in those cars. If they had been able to speak up for themselves they might not have ridden in the car and would still be alive.

I vote that we outlaw all minors as passengers in vehicles. It's a violation of human rights to force children to ride in machines with such high rates of death. I mean, circumcision only kills 100-150. This is an issue that affects thousands of lives every year.

The two aren't connected.
Your argument implies that we shouldn't bother solving any problem if we can't solve all problems.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-01-2012, 02:08 PM
RE: "Because Chas asked for it." I didn't, but ...
(03-01-2012 02:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-01-2012 12:46 PM)germanyt Wrote:  So now that we've gotten circumcision out of the way I'd like to move on to another topic that kills and mutilates those that don't give consent. Driving. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get exact statistics on deaths but in 2009 over 5000 people between 16 and 20 died in car accidents. Now, many if not most of these were actually driving at the time so we will toss these numbers. Nearly 40,000 died in the US last year in car accidents resulting from numerous things like flat tires, drunk driving, texting, etc. Just think about all those kids who were in those accidents that didn't give consent to ride in those cars. If they had been able to speak up for themselves they might not have ridden in the car and would still be alive.

The two aren't connected.
Your argument implies that we shouldn't bother solving any problem if we can't solve all problems.

No. I'm implying that forcing your child to ride in a car, which you are well aware is extremely life threatening, is a violation of that child's human rights. Just as forcing your child to have a circumcision, which is life threatening, is a violation of that child's human rights.

Amirite? Like 50 times more kids die in car accidents than circumcisions.
(03-01-2012 01:28 PM)kim Wrote:  For some reason, I am reminded that as a child, I used to get really nauseous while riding in the car. Now as an adult and I am in charge of the driving, I don't.
Just as this has nothing whatsoever to do with your post... the following should be taken as sarcasm. Or not. I'm in a mood, today. Tongue
_____
What would be your solution to this child transport problem you have presented? Should we put anyone under the age of say... 15 onto mass transit anytime they needed to be somewhere? Adults will go to grandma's in their car, while the children will be carted out into the countryside via large, robotically driven, drone busses.
Smile Actually, that's not a bad idea!
However, since people are bitching at the cost of putting a rocket into space ... let's face it, no child's life is worth any kind of restructuring of our transit system. Hmm... choosing words while we think out loud... I wonder how many people actually do that?
_________
I'm thinking that many people would say your posting is a preposterous consideration but I do see your point.
And now, I will present to you something I care about -probably only because it effects me directly:
I am REALLY PISSED OFF about the ban on the import of KinderEggs to the US!! I always got them before and now, because someone has decided their little rug rat is in danger of swallowing the toy that comes inside them, I am forbidden to partake in my personal joy.
Upon careful analysis, I've come to the conclusion that civilized nations need to stop having children. Children seem to be the bane of numerous issues that can not be resolved; circumcision, auto fatalities, the sinister KinderEgg conspiracy which in my opinion, has already begun to determine the downfall of civilization. So. Fuck kids.

I think I've made my point clear.[Image: 006.gif]

ps - I have no issue with the male circumcision arguments one way or the other.

Wow. This ^^^

(03-01-2012 01:57 PM)Leela Wrote:  Is crossing the road with my kid also a violation of human rights??? Come on

Yes it is. Anything you do that puts a child at risk of death or dismemberment that is also against their will (or at least without their permission) is a violation of human rights. And it doesn't matter if others don't or do agree with you. We've decided in this forum that at the very least, if it kills 100 - 150 kids per year, is against their will, and can be prevented then it's a violation of human rights.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
03-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Theres a difference between forced mutilation, and sitting them in a car.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
03-01-2012, 02:47 PM
(03-01-2012 02:30 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Theres a difference between forced mutilation, and sitting them in a car.

You're right. Riding in a car kills far more kids. It's worse.

-Mark Twain
03-01-2012, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2012 02:53 PM by LadyJane.)
There is no beneficial purpose to circumcision. There are many benefits to driving and being driven.

unnecessary vs. necessary

It's about whether the risk is worth it.
(03-01-2012 02:47 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(03-01-2012 02:30 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Theres a difference between forced mutilation, and sitting them in a car.

I have been riding in cars for years and am not abused or mutilated from it. A boy is circumcised ONCE and has a lifetime of mutilation as a minimum.
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
03-01-2012, 03:04 PM
(03-01-2012 02:51 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  There is no beneficial purpose to circumcision. There are many benefits to driving and being driven.

unnecessary vs. necessary

It's about whether the risk is worth it.
(03-01-2012 02:47 PM)germanyt Wrote:  

I have been riding in cars for years and am not abused or mutilated from it. A boy is circumcised ONCE and has a lifetime of mutilation as a minimum.

This child is dead so I'll speak for him.

"I had a circumcision for years and don't have a problem with it. I rode in a car for the first time in my life and got killed by a drunk driver."

LOL at pretending it's based on neccessity. People weight risks with nearly everything they do. Few enough people die from circumcision that the thought doesn't even cross the mind of someone who makes that decision.

-Mark Twain
03-01-2012, 03:09 PM
It is not the means of transport that kills children its wreckless driving.
Wreckless driving is outlawd and is punished with anything from a ticket to jail sentances depending on where you live.
DUI is forbidden and there exists a traffic law that governs the use of transportation, seatbelts and safety precautions and special ones for children.
anything done outside of these laws is due to wrecklessness, negligence, physiological/psychological disorders and stupidity.

Like i said before and ill say again, male Circumcision is governed by no laws, has chances of error, has no dire immediate necessity and is purely cosmetic. Therefore it should be illegal to circumcize a child and only legal to get circumcised electivly when one is above the age of consent.
just as self destructive habits such as smoking and drinking have a legal age so should be the case with circumcision.

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus