Driving With Minors - Because Chas asked for it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2012, 05:51 PM
RE: Driving With Minors - Because Chas asked for it.
(03-01-2012 05:31 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I guess I'm one of those assholes who thinks dependent children have no 'child's' rights. My house, my rules, and my kids do what the fuck I say. And I define my own human rights, which most of the civilized world happens to agree with. I don't set my ideals based on what others think, they just happen to be the same in most cases.

Well if children have no rights in your opinion, why would YOU start a thread about children's violation of human right?
But good to know your opinion, now I know what to think of you, thanks.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
03-01-2012, 07:13 PM
(03-01-2012 03:04 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(03-01-2012 02:51 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  There is no beneficial purpose to circumcision. There are many benefits to driving and being driven.

unnecessary vs. necessary

It's about whether the risk is worth it.
(03-01-2012 02:47 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(03-01-2012 02:30 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Theres a difference between forced mutilation, and sitting them in a car.

You're right. Riding in a car kills far more kids. It's worse.

I have been riding in cars for years and am not abused or mutilated from it. A boy is circumcised ONCE and has a lifetime of mutilation as a minimum.

This child is dead so I'll speak for him.

"I had a circumcision for years and don't have a problem with it. I rode in a car for the first time in my life and got killed by a drunk driver."

LOL at pretending it's based on neccessity. People weight risks with nearly everything they do. Few enough people die from circumcision that the thought doesn't even cross the mind of someone who makes that decision.

Circumcision mutilation: 100% of the time.
Riding in a car per car ride mutilation: a lot closer to 0.

I will also speak for a 'this boy is dead'. "I died from circumcision because my parents wanted my penis to please their god and match other in their community and to prevent a couple types of STI's that can be prevented in other safer ways. My death was 100% preventable.

No, the thought doesn't cross YOUR mind. It clearly crosses a lot other people's mind. I had to make this decision and it crossed my mind for my own children.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
04-01-2012, 08:36 AM
(03-01-2012 05:51 PM)Leela Wrote:  
(03-01-2012 05:31 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I guess I'm one of those assholes who thinks dependent children have no 'child's' rights. My house, my rules, and my kids do what the fuck I say. And I define my own human rights, which most of the civilized world happens to agree with. I don't set my ideals based on what others think, they just happen to be the same in most cases.

Well if children have no rights in your opinion, why would YOU start a thread about children's violation of human right?

It was a sarcastic reply to Chas's circumcision thread. Think what you want. Just because you lacked discipline and respect as a child doesn't mean my kids will. I'm a damn good father and my friends and family can vouch for that.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
04-01-2012, 02:23 PM
(04-01-2012 08:36 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Just because you lacked discipline and respect as a child doesn't mean my kids will. I'm a damn good father and my friends and family can vouch for that.
I didn't realize you know me so well that you can judge on how I was educated as a child. But there are lots of things I don't know.

04-01-2012, 02:33 PM
(03-01-2012 05:51 PM)Leela Wrote:  Well if children have no rights in your opinion, why would YOU start a thread about children's violation of human right?

(04-01-2012 02:23 PM)Leela Wrote:  I didn't realize you know me so well that you can judge on how I was educated as a child. But there are lots of things I don't know.

Excuse me? Did you not just make a huge assumption about me and what you think of me?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
04-01-2012, 03:01 PM
(04-01-2012 08:36 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Just because you lacked discipline and respect as a child doesn't mean my kids will.

This was a stretch of an assumption. I haven't seen anything disrespectful to facilitate this claim?

(04-01-2012 08:36 AM)germanyt Wrote:  I'm a damn good father and my friends and family can vouch for that.

I am sure you are an excellent father. The fact that you think things over and explore possibilities before drawing conclusions shows how much you care and think for how you raise your children.

I disagree with a few of your conclusions, but I disagree with the opinion, not you as a person.
04-01-2012, 03:44 PM
germanyt you are taking my posts out of the context and they sound stupid that way, I aggree.
So let me get that back into context.
First I made a statement about the difference between human rights and childrens rights
Second you answer (maybe not serious but none of the less sounding like a prick) that you may just be someone who doesn't think that children have rights.
Third I ask why you would open this topic if you have this opinion and pointed out that I don't like your attitude
Fourth you are apologetic saying this thread was meant to be sarcastic (obviously you weren't able to point that out in your first post because noone took it as sarcasm) and assume I was poorly educated.
And now you try making a point by quoting two things I wrote but having them in no context at all.

This looks like a very mature conversation. I quit because you make no sense to me.

04-01-2012, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2012 04:07 PM by germanyt.)
(04-01-2012 03:44 PM)Leela Wrote:  germanyt you are taking my posts out of the context and they sound stupid that way, I aggree.
So let me get that back into context.
First I made a statement about the difference between human rights and childrens rights
Second you answer (maybe not serious but none of the less sounding like a prick) that you may just be someone who doesn't think that children have rights.
Third I ask why you would open this topic if you have this opinion and pointed out that I don't like your attitude
Fourth you are apologetic saying this thread was meant to be sarcastic (obviously you weren't able to point that out in your first post because noone took it as sarcasm) and assume I was poorly educated.
And now you try making a point by quoting two things I wrote but having them in no context at all.

This looks like a very mature conversation. I quit because you make no sense to me.

Had you read the circumcision thread Chas started you would know this was sarcasm. I coudn't possible be okay with circumcision and then find riding in a vehicle to really be a violation of human rights. That is not your fault. As for children's rights, I'm the kind of person that might come off as an asshole in that regard. I'm a fan of a strict and disciplined upbringing but in a house of love and understanding. I'm not the dick you might think I am. I don't think that my children have inherant rights. Everything I give them is a privelage. Now, just becasue I don't think my kids have rights doesn't mean I think I have the right to beat them or stone them or whatever act of torture someone can come up with. I'm not an angry or mean person/parent. I don't beat my kid(s) becasue it would hurt me to do so, not becasue a large group of people claim it's a violation of rights.

As for the assumptions. You made up your mind about me based on this topic.

"now I know what to think of you, thanks"

But when I made an assumption about your upbringing (which wasn't really directed at any one person) you took offense and questioned my ability to judge you. So why is it that you can make assumptions about me and I can't about you?

I'm not mad about it BTW and I apologize for insulting the way you were raised.
(04-01-2012 03:01 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(04-01-2012 08:36 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Just because you lacked discipline and respect as a child doesn't mean my kids will.

This was a stretch of an assumption. I haven't seen anything disrespectful to facilitate this claim?

(04-01-2012 08:36 AM)germanyt Wrote:  I'm a damn good father and my friends and family can vouch for that.

I am sure you are an excellent father. The fact that you think things over and explore possibilities before drawing conclusions shows how much you care and think for how you raise your children.

I disagree with a few of your conclusions, but I disagree with the opinion, not you as a person.

It wasn't the best comment to make.

I wish there was a way to explain myself without making it seem like I'm in favor of torturous parenting practices. All I'm saying is that I dont' think circumcision should be banned for newborns. It's my opinion that while many may not agree with it as a religious practice it is still very important to a large portion of this country. If we were talking about cutting off a finger I'd have a very different opinion. But we are talking about foreskin and I'm of the opinion that it's a very insignificant piece of skin to many people. If I was to poll people and ask what body part they'd rather lose than foreskin there probably wouldn't be many outside of the appendix or back hair. So as long as it's deemed insignificant and people's lives aren't being destroyed by it I say let the parents make the decisions that they feel benefit their kids. Who is anyone to claim they know better than the parent on this issue? If I decide to circumcise my son because I don't want him to experience any negativaty socially then why shouldn't I do it? It's a perfectly legit reason and the chances of something bad happening becasue of the procedure are so slim that it's not even thought about.

-Mark Twain
04-01-2012, 04:21 PM
germanyt:
All I read of you was in this and in the circumsition thread, I do not agree with your ideas and I did not agree with your attitude which seemed rude and not logic. (Quitting to smoke is not a reason to act like that, I quit a year ago and I did not behave that way)
If I judged wrong based on these I am sorry.

04-01-2012, 04:32 PM
(04-01-2012 04:21 PM)Leela Wrote:  germanyt:
All I read of you was in this and in the circumsition thread, I do not agree with your ideas and I did not agree with your attitude which seemed rude and not logic. (Quitting to smoke is not a reason to act like that, I quit a year ago and I did not behave that way)
If I judged wrong based on these I am sorry.

I feel like I'm getting over aggitated becasue I'm being compared to far more serious violators of human rights. All I'm saying is that circumcision should be a parents choice. If parents chose not to then I'm okay with that. If they choose to do it I'm still okay with it. I'm just indifferent. I'm not the asshole you probably think I am.

-Mark Twain