Drones vs Home Made Bombs and bourgeois excpetionalism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Drones vs Home Made Bombs and bourgeois excpetionalism
If I am business man and I own large corporation and I make drones and sell them to governments to be used I am a .........

If I am a poor person in a third world country and help provide parts and material for home made bombs I am a ..........

Why is it when rich people kill with their toys it is called "patrotism" "fighting for freedom" "helping people gain freedom" yet when members of a different economic class want their version of freedom and want to kill the groups that are stopping this they are called terrorists or mass murderers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2012, 09:36 AM
RE: Drones vs Home Made Bombs and bourgeois excpetionalism
Depends which side you are on unfortunatley.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
23-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Black powder and alcohol
When your states and cities fall
When your back's against the wall
Black powder and alcohol!

Hm, needs to be updated to fit the times. What rhymes with ANFO?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
25-10-2012, 03:44 AM
It depends on who wins, because that is who writes the history books.
25-10-2012, 09:10 PM
The difference is in recognition. The reason soldiers can go to war and kill the enemy without being charged with Murder is that they are wearing the uniform of a recognized military organization and sponsored by a recognized nation. Joe blow who builds bomb parts in his basement and sells them to freedom fighters who wear no uniform and do not answer to a recognized government are committing a crime by international law. When you see the statistics on the news of how many civilians my drones (yes I work in the USAF Reaper/Predator Drone program) kill the numbers are actually low because the people we are fighting against are all civilians. Al-Qaeda is called a terrorist organization because they do not wear the uniform of a recognized military organization, they do not answer to any specific nation and they do not fight by the worlds agreed upon rules of war.

If you are specifically talking about the US presence in Afghanistan (I've been there 3 times) the best thing freedom fighters could do would be to stop fighting. If they would stop fighting us we would build them all new roads, install electric power, train their police and military, get them all clean water and then we would leave and they could install what ever kind of government they wanted to. Thumbsup
26-10-2012, 03:26 AM
(25-10-2012 09:10 PM)SharkByte Wrote:  The difference is in recognition. The reason soldiers can go to war and kill the enemy without being charged with Murder is that they are wearing the uniform of a recognized military organization and sponsored by a recognized nation. Joe blow who builds bomb parts in his basement and sells them to freedom fighters who wear no uniform and do not answer to a recognized government are committing a crime by international law.

Unless the terrorists win the war, then they write history and the losers were the terrorists and they are the heroes.