Droning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2017, 03:34 PM
Droning
(19-04-2017 03:22 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  I see the future development of a system that can override the signals to/from a nearby drone and allow the user to take the controls. That should take care of the trespassers and the peeping toms.

I would land it, take a dump on it, then set it free.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
19-04-2017, 03:38 PM
RE: Droning
(19-04-2017 02:39 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(19-04-2017 02:13 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I have no interest in looking at any of my neighbors naked.

Do you live around a bunch of retirees or something?

Pretty much.... I've seen some of the neighbors naked... A few years back we had a real scortcher hot spell and the power went out at night...

I heard noise out back and grabbed a spotlight....

It was the neighbors cooling off in our pond - skinny dipping....

Sadcryface

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
19-04-2017, 03:56 PM
(19-04-2017 03:34 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I would land it, take a dump on it, then set it free.

Oh, I think the sequence I would use is more like :
Land it, turn off the camera, ...
Because there are some "selfies" I would prefer not to broadcast. Shocking
[+] 2 users Like Rockblossom's post
30-05-2017, 10:16 PM
Drones are a lot of fun, but learn to fly them right and respect other people's privacy as well.

Fortunately most drone flyers do so. I recently began to log time flying the DJI Phantom III and Phantom IV quadcopters. I also obtained my Remote pilot certificate from the FAA and have been working using drones to do utility inspections (power lines, cell towers, etc)

Compared to RC airplanes and helicopters, the new generation of sUAS are intuitive and very easy to fly. The new Lithium Ion battery packs provide quite a bit of flight time and the software handles all of the stability and flight daynamics. You simply command the done to go up and it does so, staying at that position and altitude until you command it to do otherwise.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
31-05-2017, 01:11 AM
1000€ on Amazon
This thing seems to be amazing....think i actually have a boner right now. Blush

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
31-05-2017, 07:48 AM
(30-05-2017 10:16 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Drones are a lot of fun, but learn to fly them right and respect other people's privacy as well.

Fortunately most drone flyers do so. I recently began to log time flying the DJI Phantom III and Phantom IV quadcopters. I also obtained my Remote pilot certificate from the FAA and have been working using drones to do utility inspections (power lines, cell towers, etc)

Compared to RC airplanes and helicopters, the new generation of sUAS are intuitive and very easy to fly. The new Lithium Ion battery packs provide quite a bit of flight time and the software handles all of the stability and flight daynamics. You simply command the done to go up and it does so, staying at that position and altitude until you command it to do otherwise.

You're using a drone as part of your job? That's pretty cool!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
07-08-2017, 06:06 AM
You don't have to spend big bucks either..

I picked up a Parrot Swing at Walmart..( yeah, yeah, the evil retail empire..)

It's pretty wild. I would recommend it to beginners.

1. It's only $50.
2. It has a takeoff/ landing button. I shit you not - it really works.
3. It is probably the most stable aircraft I have flown. I have flown a bunch of them in 30 some years of flying.
4. Unlike conventional drones this one will transition over, and do " fixed wing" flying. Sort of. If you have only flown quad copters, take your time learning this. Things happen very fast, and you're likely to auger in....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
07-08-2017, 12:45 PM
Here in Australia, the federal CASA (Civil Aviation Safety Authority) requires that:

• You may not fly an RPA closer than 30m to vehicles, boats, or buildings that are not on your private property or you must have explicit permission from the private property owner,

• You are prohibited from flying over any populated areas such as beaches, other people’s backyards, heavily populated parks or sports ovals where there is a game in progress,

• You may not operate within a radius of 5.5km of any aerodrome, airfield, airport, seaplanes taking off or landing, helicopter landing sites which may be located at hospitals, police stations or other locations that you may not be aware of. It is your responsibility to find out where they are and ignorance is no defense in a court of law,

• You may only operate during daylight; no night flying; only in good weather, and you must be in visual line-of-site of the RPA,

• You must not fly over a group of people at a height where the drone’s potential component failure might cause it to land on people,

• It is an offence to taxi, land or take off an RPA in a Commonwealth Reserve except in a landing area designated in a determination made by the Director of National Parks,

• You must not fly above 121 metres or 400ft,

• You must not fly over or near an area affecting public safety or where emergency operations are underway, which includes traffic accidents, police operations, fires and associated firefighting efforts, and search and rescue operations,

• You must not fly in FPV (First Person View).

These rules apply only to drones under a mass of 2kg or 4.4lbs. Above that mass, or used for commercial purposes, an RPA operator’s certificate (ReOC) is required from CASA.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
07-08-2017, 12:50 PM
2 kg??

Damn.. I've got a couple of fixed wings heavier....

I had one that was 22 k.. A high wing almost a meter tall.. 2.5 meter long and a tad over 5 meter wingspan.... A big floaty thing. It was actually kind of boring to fly as it was grossly underpowered... Ended up selling it to a guy...

07-08-2017, 12:56 PM
(07-08-2017 12:50 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  2 kg??

Damn.. I've got a couple of fixed wings heavier....

I had one that was 22 k.. A high wing almost a meter tall.. 2.5 meter long and a tad over 5 meter wingspan.... A big floaty thing. It was actually kind of boring to fly as it was grossly underpowered... Ended up selling it to a guy...

Farmers, rural landholders, and stockmen are allowed RPAs up to 25kg. They're used for crop management, cattle herding, culling roos and brumbies, ore stockpiling, and checking dams and bores etc.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.