Droning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2017, 02:07 PM
RE: Droning
Here in the US, the FAA did a power grab and tried to assume control of RC flying by forcing registration. They recently got shot down - after I might add, I paid my $25 for registration numbers which are no longer required... Shouldn't I get a refund????

I have been a longtime member of the AMA, which has been the defacto governing body for RC sports. Membership included liability insurance. The safety record of RC aircraft is historically stellar - a safety record that most any organization would envy.

The idea that government needs to be involved is ludicrous - and always proposed by those people with no firsthand knowledge or RC aircraft, their capabilities or risks involved...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
08-08-2017, 09:58 AM
(07-08-2017 02:07 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Here in the US, the FAA did a power grab and tried to assume control of RC flying by forcing registration. They recently got shot down...

LOL... oh, the irony. I can understand where you're coming from with this; it's all too typical here too as our "nanny" state tries to increase its income with nonsensical laws that are purely revenue raisers—judged by any/all criteria.

In order to fly an RPA of more than 2kg commercially (as an estate agent or farmer for example), one has to pay a license fee of $480 for the first year, and subsequently another $480 for each three-year period, so your first four years' license fees are $960. Which is money for jam considering you're getting absolutely nothing—not even insurance indemnity—for that.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
08-08-2017, 11:01 AM
(08-08-2017 09:58 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(07-08-2017 02:07 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Here in the US, the FAA did a power grab and tried to assume control of RC flying by forcing registration. They recently got shot down...

LOL... oh, the irony. I can understand where you're coming from with this; it's all too typical here too as our "nanny" state tries to increase its income with nonsensical laws that are purely revenue raisers—judged by any/all criteria.

In order to fly an RPA of more than 2kg commercially (as an estate agent or farmer for example), one has to pay a license fee of $480 for the first year, and subsequently another $480 for each three-year period, so your first four years' license fees are $960. Which is money for jam considering you're getting absolutely nothing—not even insurance indemnity—for that.

Currently in the US you can fly pretty much anything you want RC, with no licensing - if it's hobbyist..... You are not allowed into real aircraft airspace or over crowds. Also - no FPV flying. ( flying using a camera transmitting video back to the pilot) It must be flown visually. Not to exceed 400 feet altitude.

But, if you have the real estate, you can fly a full scale aircraft via RC. At night if you like.

AMA only covers stuff under 55 lbs.

Commercial flying requires licensing.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
08-08-2017, 12:57 PM
We have a couple neighbors who have drones. They've been flying them in the nice warm weather recently. I went outside to watch them fly around. They're fun and kinda cute! I waved at the drone and said, "Hello Drone!" He waved back and said "Zzzzzzzzzzzz." Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post