Drugs.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2011, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2011 10:28 AM by bemore.)
Drugs.
Didnt know where to post this really............I know its a pretty biggie of a subject but I hope we can have some adult chat about it, I dont want to see the thread turning into a how to of how to make the best bong Rolleyes

I want to talk about something in particular first, and that is the drug "ecstasy". Now let me first say that I never advocate the use of drugs, however I believe in free will if a person is at a stage of understanding of there actions and any consequence.

The drug works by releasing endorphines to the brain......I dont wish to sound like I am "glamourising" it by saying that it is easily the best feeling and most complete state of "love" I have acquired ever compared to any event in my life.......I havent had children yet so I know thats a biggie to compare when I eventually do.

You feel at peace and at one with everything, music literally comes alive and stirs your senses like never before.....your favourite songs that give you goosebumps will move you to new levels.....the feeling of sex with a partner brings a complete new unity and closeness....bonds with friends are reinforced as you fully appreciate each other for what roles we play in each others lifes.

Firstly Id like to say "Damn, why cant the human race just do this anyway/evolve this way"

Secondly is I have took around 20 ecstacy tablets in my life and the last time was about 5 years ago.......so what I am left with are these memories of these feelings of "bliss" I once had, these feelings and experience of "euphoria" that have raised the bar on what I once percieved as "happiness" and shown me a feeling that still brings a smile to my face today.

I know that it is a false means of attaining it when I swallow the tablet......however the experiences of bliss and love it can give and that you experience are very real......even if falsely induced.

So in a way it has opened my eyes to new levels of understanding I think........my life would be completly different if I had not took it.

EDIT: Pretty bold claim I know but again I reinforce I dont advocate the taking of any drugs......this is just my opinion only, my thoughts.
Imaprtial information on the drug.

http://www.talktofrank.com/drugs.aspx?id=180

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2011, 10:31 AM

RE: Drugs.
(04-09-2011 10:05 AM)bemore Wrote:  these feelings and experience of "euphoria" that have raised the bar on what I once percieved as "happiness" and shown me a feeling that still brings a smile to my face today.

I had the same experience when I finally, after months of struggling with it, fully understood Einstein's General Theory of Relativity.

For me it was almost an out-of-body experience, way beyond what I had ever thought possible. I felt I understood the Universe and my place in it.

The math (tenzor analysis) was excruciating difficult, but the concept was so beautiful that I had to follow it through for full understanding.

It was worth the trip.

(Pun intended).

Smile
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2011, 10:40 AM
(04-09-2011 10:31 AM)Zatamon Wrote:  I had the same experience when I, finally, fully understood Einstein's General Theory of Relativity.

For me it was almost an out-of-body experience, way beyond what I had ever thought possible. I felt I understood the Universe and my place in it.

I imagine that your life took on a completly different out look from then from it.....i suppose in a way these experiences could go back to what we discussed slightly in your "what is spirituality" thread........these moments are enlightening however we cannot explain them except............because we dont know the answer we dont automatically label it as "god" as many many others do Smile

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
04-09-2011, 11:59 AM
its such a hard topic, on one side im screaming legalize them. and on the other im not sure.

because when people talk about the legalisation of drugs they talk about majurianna and all other drugs like ectasy, basicly party drugs that in my opinion are on the same function as alchol. But the hardcore drugs is what worrys me heorine etc, because they are highly adictive and you can see the affect of these on people ive never met a happy go lucky heorine or any other CLASS A drug user. i just dont see how that can be regulated, it seems that if your for drug legalisation your thrown instantly into the cateragory of you want every single drug out there being used and back to hippie period.

I dont know where to stand, im more towards legalising but only certain "Drugs" but then if that happened people would ask why, oh only those drugs and not these huh?

"In real life , as opposed to that happy, clappy, rainbow fantasy world that you see fit to fly through on your winged unicorn of delusion" - Mitchell and Webb
04-09-2011, 12:40 PM

Richard Feynman is my hero.

Not because he was a genius in Physics – there were others.

Because he was so much fun!

He was a shy kid, but didn’t like to be bullied, so he trained himself to fight.

He was at first awkward around girls, so he trained himself to be charming and irresistible – he perfected his technique on how to pick up girls in bars.

He had a good sense of rhythm, so he became a master at the bongo drum, playing in live bands in Brazil.

He was a prankster in the Manhattan Project, driving the military crazy with his never ending shenanigans, breaking code, opening safes, leaving cryptic messages in top-secret files.

When he went to Stockholm to receive his Nobel Prize, he was practicing walking backwards (as he was instructed) with the help of a rear-view car mirror he was holding up. The king allowed him to turn around.

He took up drawing late in life and became a very talented artist, selling many of his drawings.

He was the one who figured out why the Challenger Space Shuttle blew up (O-Rings).

The stories are endless.

Why did I put this into the “Drugs” thread?

Because he almost became an alcoholic in his youth – when he realized the danger, he was so scared that he never touched a drink ever again.

What a waste it would have been – for him primarily - and for the rest of us, if he allowed cheap thrills to destroy a magnificent life.

Very few of us can hope to live as fully as Richard Feynman did.

But he didn’t know it either, at the time.

Why waste your potential for the easy thrill?

It won't last.

Accomplishments do.
04-09-2011, 12:57 PM
(04-09-2011 12:40 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  Richard Feynman is my hero.

Not because he was a genius in Physics – there were others.

Because he was so much fun!

He was a shy kid, but didn’t like to be bullied, so he trained himself to fight.

He was at first awkward around girls, so he trained himself to be charming and irresistible – he perfected his technique on how to pick up girls in bars.

He had a good sense of rhythm, so he became a master at the bongo drum, playing in live bands in Brazil.

He was a prankster in the Manhattan Project, driving the military crazy with his never ending shenanigans, breaking code, opening safes, leaving cryptic messages in top-secret files.

When he went to Stockholm to receive his Nobel Prize, he was practicing walking backwards (as he was instructed) with the help of a rear-view car mirror he was holding up. The king allowed him to turn around.

He took up drawing late in life and became a very talented artist, selling many of his drawings.

The stories are endless.

Why did I put this into the “Drugs” thread?

Because he almost became an alcoholic in his youth – when he realized the danger, he was so scared that he never touched a drink ever again.

What a waste it would have been – for him primarily - and for the rest of us if he allowed cheap thrills to destroy a magnificent life.

Very few of us can hope to live as fully as Richard Feynman did.

But he didn’t know it either, at the time.

Why waste your potential for the easy thrill?

It won't last.

Accomplishments do.

I can see the message that you are setting here Zatamon.....I have witnessed some of my friends go steeply downhill from heroin and alchohol......it can if left unchecked start to take over every aspect of your life.

I will say however that it can also give inspiration......as testified by some of the artists of the 60s and onwards......drugs play a bit part in the music scene nowadays.

Its another double edged sword......there are people who use it as a crutch, an escape from life....whilst there are those who use it to enhance aspects of life.

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
04-09-2011, 01:09 PM

I know what you mean, bemore.

Carl Sagan did his best writing while smoking marihuana.

I like alcohol and sometime it gives a boost to my creativity.

Moderation is the key word and avoiding the hard stuff -- you may not be able to resist addiction with those.

And with this, I get off my soap box.

Smile
04-09-2011, 01:25 PM
(04-09-2011 11:59 AM)James The Brit Wrote:  its such a hard topic, on one side im screaming legalize them. and on the other im not sure.

because when people talk about the legalisation of drugs they talk about majurianna and all other drugs like ectasy, basicly party drugs that in my opinion are on the same function as alchol. But the hardcore drugs is what worrys me heorine etc, because they are highly adictive and you can see the affect of these on people ive never met a happy go lucky heorine or any other CLASS A drug user. i just dont see how that can be regulated, it seems that if your for drug legalisation your thrown instantly into the cateragory of you want every single drug out there being used and back to hippie period.

I dont know where to stand, im more towards legalising but only certain "Drugs" but then if that happened people would ask why, oh only those drugs and not these huh?

This is how I see legalisation.

Drugs are currently illegal......yet they are still available on the streets.
In the face of punishment people still take them, handle them.
The people who sell them at the top can be very nasty people who use the money to do other crimes/have connections.
Crimes are commited every single day by people in the pursuit of drugs.

Drugs have infiltrated our society and are not going to go away anytime soon.....that is a reality.

If I actually trusted the goverment enough to pull something off without making a personal profit somewhere, I would say that the tax and revenue raised off the drug industry would be massive.......this could be used in the treatment itself of every single drug addict with plenty left over........given 4+ generations then these drugs will simply be seen as alchohol is today by everybody........something that you can buy, that the goverment taxes, that gets you wrecked in some way.

For the more "serious" drug taker then a visit to the doctor is what will be required where the applicant fills in a request form, the doctor will then look at the patients medical records and advise of any side effects and possible vulnerabilites. In the face of this knowledge it would then still be up to the individual wether or not they still want it and a prescribition can be wrote out and noted in there medical records....a visit to the pharmacist where you get the drug and access to information on its safe use.

The doctor will only be allowed to write you very very small prescriptions to begin with.......on return visits the doctor can give you a quick medical check up, asess how you are taking it and continue to question your reasons why....overtime the amount dispensed can be slowly increased and closely monitored to the patients health.

Even though drugs would be legal, there must be laws on its use. Tests must be brought in that can succesfully monitor you for drugs in cases of "drug driving" and similar scenarios in the name of the law/safety and responsibilty.

They would take a huge revenue off potentially the "shady" side of society and this wouldnt stop these people from needing money.......maybe crimes in other areas would rise for a short time whilst the generations settle into to the new system.

I think the same thing could be applied to prostituion as well.......there is the element of exploitation and drugs mixed in with that as well that could be treated better and impartially.

If a brothel registers and has to stick to strict rules on who can work there and what conditions......if it is taxable and respectfull and safe......if it becomes lawfull then I dont see a problem with it. Prostitution is one of the oldest tradition going......and if it is consentfull by both parties then who is anybody to say no???

Its a massive part of society that is flawed...........it attacks the symptoms whilst it ignores the causes.

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
04-09-2011, 01:33 PM
With regard to marijuana I think everyone should watch this. Idea

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-09-2011, 04:34 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2011 04:39 AM by Filox.)
Drugs are bad, mkay...

There are already couple of topics about marijuana, so Best not to go there again, we will just repeat the same story. Video is great, thanx.

I'm not sure what is the purpose of this thread, because I didn't see any question about ecstasy, but if you just want the experience, sure. I used to be a techno-fan when I was younger and that territory usually comes with some synthetic drugs. XTC was a great experience, but you all fail to write about one thing that made me hate XTC. The day after. My God how I hated that horrible feeling of emptiness the day after. Yes, I agree with everything about the feelings, the love, the ecstasy it gives you, but I just couldn't handle that awful feeling of nothingness that came after it, so I decided it is time for me to stop with that drug and I haven't used it for 6-7 years now. Also, every time I was high on XTC I was afraid for my heart, it was beating abnormally strong and fast plus I would dance for 5-6 hours non-stop, so that was definitely not good for me, or anyone else.

Interesting fact about ecstasy I found out in the last couple of years is that it is one of the least harmful substances (drugs) on the black market. Since it is (was) that strong and powerful I have trouble believing that fact, but more and more studies about the addiction and health issues put XTC near if not even in front of marijuana. The only problem is that you never know what is in those little pills, so it is very unlikely you will ever buy pure MDMA (that is the substance in ecstasy pills that makes you happy), it is always mixed with something else and those mixtures are the dangerous part of that drug.

So legalizing some drugs would remove this, if it is controlled, you would have a declaration with all the ingredients and everything would be controlled in a real lab, not somebodies basement. My opinion on legalization? Marijuana most definitely YES, but XTC, I'm so sure, it is not something I would recommend or encourage anyone to take, no matter what the studies say, my experience was very hard and very strong (I was old-school, they were much stronger then Smile) and I don't think something as strong as XTC should be available publicly an openly. No matter what everyone says that XTCs are recreational drugs, I consider them to be real, hard drugs, it got me way higher than cocaine, even heroin. On heroin and cocaine you could function in everyday life (trust me, there are hundreds of addicts around you and you don't even notice them), but on XTC you are out for that day and most probably the day after.

P.S.
XTC was not life-changing for me, but LSD was. Oh how it was and still is... But that is a whole different topic, it can not even be classified with other substances, we would need a whole new form just for that.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson