Drugs are the antithesis of health?? (Glenn Frey content)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2016, 09:37 PM
RE: Drugs are the antithesis of health?? (Glenn Frey content)
(31-01-2016 02:25 PM)coyote Wrote:  All I did in the above statement was forward the ideas being put forth by some folks who were close to Frey. I stand by my statement that drugs do not equal health. I also stand by the idea that if we can find a holistic path to better health, one that addresses root causes rather than alleviating symptoms, it is inherently superior to drugs and other pharmaceuticals which cannot possibly address root causes.

Oh fuck off dumbass. Dodgy

People with clinical depression, caused by a chemical imbalance in their brains, cannot fix the root cause; because it is fucking genetic. So they use pharmaceuticals to re-balance those chemicals to improve their quality of life, or in other words, to live a healthier life.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2016, 10:22 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2016 10:26 PM by Adrianime.)
RE: Drugs are the antithesis of health?? (Glenn Frey content)
So....

-If you require drugs then you have some sort of health issue. So drugs are not needed by those who are totally healthy? This is so obvious that I'm doubting this is argument you are making.
-If you take drugs to alleviate a symptom instead of holistically fixing a root cause, you are NOT being healthy?? What about illnesses that will disappear on their own after a short period of time, so handling symptoms is the most effective way to get through the sickness? Or what about illnesses or conditions that don't have known or fixable root causes? What about emergency short term treatment needed to save a life until the longer term root cause fix is addressed?

What the hell is your definition of health? A more appropriate argument might be, "in many cases taking (medical prescription or OTC) drugs is not the healthiest course of action." Then you might have an argument you can actually back up. Blanket statements are almost never true, and certainly aren't in this case.

Not every issue has a holistic cure. That type of rejection of "western medicine" is dangerous and has gotten people killed.

I'm no advocate of drugs, I do my best to never need to take them. But if I needed to, I would.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post